mmh

Copying Pictures From Finalized Disk

Question

I have burned a disk including a video that I created using Roxio Creator 2011. I deleted all related files from my computer. Is it possible to copy images that are included on the finalized dvd back to my computer?

6 answers to this question

Sure.

You should be able to put the disc in your computer,Go to Windows Explorer and look at the disc.

Once you're seeing the files on the disc you should be able to copy any of them back to your hard drive.

Point at a file,right click and hold down,drag the file to an open area on your desktop,let go and a box will pop up.Hit Copy Here and the file will get copied to your desktop.From there you can put it into any folder you want.

Edited by tbrewst

I have burned a disk including a video that I created using Roxio Creator 2011. I deleted all related files from my computer. Is it possible to copy images that are included on the finalized dvd back to my computer?

Thanks for the quick reply! I can not see the image files on the disk. When I open the disk to view files, I see 2 folders.

1)RoxioPlasma --> meta_data; plasma_data; projectdata.dsmd

When I open projectdata..., it looks for the image files in the orginal position on my computer.

2) Video_ts shows files with video_ts.bup and file type VOB

was wondering if the images are embedded in any of these files and if it would be possible to open them to copy?

Thanks for the quick reply! I can not see the image files on the disk. When I open the disk to view files, I see 2 folders.

1)RoxioPlasma --> meta_data; plasma_data; projectdata.dsmd

When I open projectdata..., it looks for the image files in the orginal position on my computer.

2) Video_ts shows files with video_ts.bup and file type VOB

was wondering if the images are embedded in any of these files and if it would be possible to open them to copy?

You authored a DVD Video with the image files?

Click on the Video_ts folder to highlight it then right click copy the Video_ts folder. Right click paste the folder on your desktop. Open videowave and load in the movie from the video_ts folder on the desktop. Now in videowave use the icon the red arrow points to to extract the images you want.

Does that help?

post-97-028035400 1333114048.jpg

You authored a DVD Video with the image files?

Click on the Video_ts folder to highlight it then right click copy the Video_ts folder. Right click paste the folder on your desktop. Open videowave and load in the movie from the video_ts folder on the desktop. Now in videowave use the icon the red arrow points to to extract the images you want.

Does that help?

post-97-028035400 1333114048.jpg

Tried to open the movie from the video_ts folder that I had copied to my desktop with videowave. Videowave couldn't find a video file to open. Here is what the video_ts folder looks like:post-99348-052605400 1333127240.jpg

Any way to use one of those files?

Tried to open the movie from the video_ts folder that I had copied to my desktop with videowave. Videowave couldn't find a video file to open. Here is what the video_ts folder looks like:

post-97-031172800 1333127654.jpg

post-97-088700700 1333127654.jpg

Tried to open the movie from the video_ts folder that I had copied to my desktop with videowave. Videowave couldn't find a video file to open. Here is what the video_ts folder looks like:post-99348-052605400 1333127240.jpg

Hurray! Thanks for your help. Sure is a lot easier than having to rescan my photos! Moral: backup the backups!