• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 mmh

mmh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:00 AM

I have burned a disk including a video that I created using Roxio Creator 2011. I deleted all related files from my computer. Is it possible to copy images that are included on the finalized dvd back to my computer?

#2 tbrewst

tbrewst

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,151 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:27 AM

Sure.
You should be able to put the disc in your computer,Go to Windows Explorer and look at the disc.
Once you're seeing the files on the disc you should be able to copy any of them back to your hard drive.
Point at a file,right click and hold down,drag the file to an open area on your desktop,let go and a box will pop up.Hit Copy Here and the file will get copied to your desktop.From there you can put it into any folder you want.

Edited by tbrewst, 30 March 2012 - 04:29 AM.

"Mild-mannered Supermen
Are held in kryptonite
And the wise and foolish virgins giggle
With there bodies glowing bright
And through the door a harvest feast
Is lit by candle light
It's the bottom of a staircase
That spirals out of sight"

Terry

64 bitWindows 8.1 OS
AMD FX-8320 8 core 3.5Ghz processor with Arctic Freezer 64 Pro cooling fan
Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 AM3+ motherboard
Galaxy  GeForce GTX 550 Ti video card with 1Gb memory
8Gb G Skill Ripjaws Series DDR3 1600 RAM
120GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD drive
1Tb Hitachi SATA hard drive
LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray drive
Lite-On iHAS224-06 SATA DVD drive
Rosewill Destroyer case
Cambridge Soundworks THX 5.1 speaker system
Onboard Realtek HD audio
I-inc iH-252HPB 25" widescreen monitor connected via HDMI
Samsung 2525W Laser Printer

#3 mmh

mmh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:17 AM

View Postmmh, on 30 March 2012 - 04:00 AM, said:

I have burned a disk including a video that I created using Roxio Creator 2011. I deleted all related files from my computer. Is it possible to copy images that are included on the finalized dvd back to my computer?

Thanks for the quick reply! I can not see the image files on the disk. When I open the disk to view files, I see 2 folders.

1)RoxioPlasma --> meta_data; plasma_data; projectdata.dsmd
When I open projectdata..., it looks for the image files in the orginal position on my computer.

2) Video_ts shows files with video_ts.bup and  file type VOB

was wondering if the images are embedded in any of these files and if it would be possible to open them to copy?

#4 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,750 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:28 AM

View Postmmh, on 30 March 2012 - 05:17 AM, said:

Thanks for the quick reply! I can not see the image files on the disk. When I open the disk to view files, I see 2 folders.

1)RoxioPlasma --> meta_data; plasma_data; projectdata.dsmd
When I open projectdata..., it looks for the image files in the orginal position on my computer.

2) Video_ts shows files with video_ts.bup and  file type VOB

was wondering if the images are embedded in any of these files and if it would be possible to open them to copy?

You authored a DVD Video with the image files?

Click on the Video_ts folder to highlight it then right click copy the Video_ts folder. Right click paste the folder on your desktop. Open videowave and load in the movie from the video_ts folder on the desktop. Now in videowave use the icon the red arrow points to to extract the images you want.

Does that help?

Attached File  ei.jpg   186.42K   0 downloads
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  

#5 mmh

mmh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:09 AM

View Postcdanteek, on 30 March 2012 - 05:28 AM, said:

You authored a DVD Video with the image files?

Click on the Video_ts folder to highlight it then right click copy the Video_ts folder. Right click paste the folder on your desktop. Open videowave and load in the movie from the video_ts folder on the desktop. Now in videowave use the icon the red arrow points to to extract the images you want.

Does that help?

Attachment ei.jpg

Tried to open the movie from the video_ts folder that I had copied to my desktop with videowave. Videowave couldn't find a video file to open. Here is what the video_ts folder looks like:Attached File  videotsfolder.jpg   271.12K   2 downloads

Any way to use one of those files?

#6 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,750 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:14 AM

View Postmmh, on 30 March 2012 - 09:09 AM, said:

Tried to open the movie from the video_ts folder that I had copied to my desktop with videowave. Videowave couldn't find a video file to open. Here is what the video_ts folder looks like:

Attached File  1.jpg   206.15K   1 downloads

Attached File  2.jpg   30.08K   0 downloads
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  

#7 mmh

mmh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:09 AM

View Postmmh, on 30 March 2012 - 09:09 AM, said:

Tried to open the movie from the video_ts folder that I had copied to my desktop with videowave. Videowave couldn't find a video file to open. Here is what the video_ts folder looks like:Attachment videotsfolder.jpg

Hurray! Thanks for your help. Sure is a lot easier than having to rescan my photos! Moral: backup the backups!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users