7 replies to this topic

#1 JBB_NY

JBB_NY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:50 AM

Attached File  1 Track 01.jpg   56.52K   0 downloads

I just paid for a Toast 11 upgrade.  Spin Doctor doesn't work.

Attached is a screen shot of my selecting a portion of an audio file, from 0 to 4:25:387.

The track duration is shown as 2 seconds!

Exporting to iTunes, or Toast, or an audio file, results in a two second audio, and sometimes from the END of the audio file (instead of the beginning, where my selection was made).

Either I am doing something wrong (I don't think so), or there is something totally unusable about this product.

I e-mailed support and got pablum as a response.

What gives?

#2 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,218 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:19 PM

Spin Doctor X is a mess. Some of it does work and some of it doesn't. I posted my experience with Spin Doctor X when it first came out and there may be some info in this article that may help you. It also comes up again in some posts later in that thread. Also search the Toast 11 forum for other posts about Spin Doctor. You won't find any compliments.

Let me know the steps you are following an I'll see if I can find a workaround that gets you somewhere. You say you upgraded to Toast 11. What version did you previously use.

The best application I've found that does what Spin Doctor is supposed to do is Bias' Sound Saver.
I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

#3 prl

prl

Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:59 PM

View Posttsantee, on 30 March 2012 - 12:19 PM, said:

Spin Doctor X is a mess. Some of it does work and some of it doesn't. ...
Sure is a mess.

JBB, to get some idea of the problems others have encountered with Spin Doctor X, have a look at Spin Doctor - What Is Going On?

As far as I can tell, there have been no updates to SDX since the first release of Toast 11.

#4 JBB_NY

JBB_NY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:08 PM

I was simply trying to use the product to take a track from a CD that actually should have been several tracks, split it into those several tracks, and then move to my iTunes library.  Frankly i'm surprised that Roxio would release software that has such blatant bugs.

#5 prl

prl

Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:18 PM

View PostJBB_NY, on 30 March 2012 - 09:08 PM, said:

I was simply trying to use the product to take a track from a CD that actually should have been several tracks, split it into those several tracks, and then move to my iTunes library.  Frankly i'm surprised that Roxio would release software that has such blatant bugs.
I think most of my problems with it were with splitting tracks, but in a different context (trying to digitise some vinyl).

#6 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,218 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:16 AM

View PostJBB_NY, on 30 March 2012 - 09:08 PM, said:

You should be able to do that with QuickTime Player. Open the track from the CD with QuickTime, expand the window to full width and choose Trim from the Edit menu. You'll get a waveform and can move the start and end points. When you have the markers where you want click the Trim button and then choose iTunes in the Share menu to send it to iTunes. Repeat as needed for the other track breaks.
I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

#7 DJ Kid Magic

DJ Kid Magic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:30 AM

The old CD Spin Doctor was great !
I've recorded thousands of vinyl records into my iTunes...
So, I had to upgrade to Lion for the iCloud crap...
I just purchased the new Toast Titanium 11 because I did
not like any of the other vinyl to digital software that i tried...
So, I spent 80 bucks and it does not work !!!!
WTF Roxio ?
It used to be a great product
I would pay $100 for Spin Doctor alone... if it would function !
FIX IT !!

#8 bohalloran

bohalloran

Digital Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:51 PM

View Posttsantee, on 30 March 2012 - 12:19 PM, said:

Spin Doctor X is a mess. Some of it does work and some of it doesn't. I posted my experience with Spin Doctor X when it first came out and there may be some info in this article that may help you. It also comes up again in some posts later in that thread. Also search the Toast 11 forum for other posts about Spin Doctor. You won't find any compliments.

Let me know the steps you are following an I'll see if I can find a workaround that gets you somewhere. You say you upgraded to Toast 11. What version did you previously use.

The best application I've found that does what Spin Doctor is supposed to do is Bias' Sound Saver.

I just read an article about Audacity 2.0 for OS X and that it is FREE!!  I d/l it and it seems to work as an even better app than Sound Saver which I have used as an alternative to CDSD.  Just note the systedm requirements!! It may not work on older Mac OS's and non intel Macs.

Hey, its' free and well supported and been around for a long time.

So try it out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users