rookie3512

Losing Audio From Hd Movie Made With Canon 60D.

Question

I am having issues with the HD movies made in my Canon 60D DSLR camera. These movies are quicktime movies with extension MOV.

When I bring them in Video wave and play them, the audio from the movie works only for few seconds and then it loses it.

If I want to use native audio in my movie, I can not do it.

I tried same movies clips in Powerdiector 10, I had no issues at all.

I will appreciate your help. I love Roxio and using it since version 7.

43 answers to this question

I am having issues with the HD movies made in my Canon 60D DSLR camera. These movies are quicktime movies with extension MOV.

When I bring them in Video wave and play them, the audio from the movie works only for few seconds and then it loses it.

If I want to use native audio in my movie, I can not do it.

I tried same movies clips in Powerdiector 10, I had no issues at all.

I will appreciate your help. I love Roxio and using it since version 7.

Yes, that happens with certain DSLR camera used as camcorders. Download and convert the mov files to HD mpg2 files with a free video converter. There are lots of them around. I like "Any Video Converter" but others work just as well.

Note: If you use "Any Video Converter, some of the drop down arrows are hidden so when you want HD, clcik on the output and you will them see all the options. If you are doing standard efinition (not blu-ray or AVCHD) then don't worry about converting to HD.

Yes, that happens with certain DSLR camera used as camcorders. Download and convert the mov files to HD mpg2 files with a free video converter. There are lots of them around. I like "Any Video Converter" but others work just as well.

Note: If you use "Any Video Converter, some of the drop down arrows are hidden so when you want HD, clcik on the output and you will them see all the options. If you are doing standard efinition (not blu-ray or AVCHD) then don't worry about converting to HD.

Thanks a lot for your advice. It is surprising that Roxio is not fixing this issue.

Thanks a lot for your advice. It is surprising that Roxio is not fixing this issue.

The .mov files, from my Nikon D5100, work fine. It may be possible that Canon needs to fix the problem.

The .mov files, from my Nikon D5100, work fine. It may be possible that Canon needs to fix the problem.

Well, Conon files are working fine in Windows Media Player, Powerdrector 10 and Pinnacle. How can I blame Canon? It is Roxio who should be fixing it.

Well, Conon files are working fine in Windows Media Player, Powerdrector 10 and Pinnacle. How can I blame Canon? It is Roxio who should be fixing it.

Have you complained to Roxio direcdtly. We have no more pull than you do. They are aware of the problem and it has not yet been fixed in at least two versions. You can complain or you can use one of the other programs or the workaround.

• Like 1

Have you complained to Roxio direcdtly. We have no more pull than you do. They are aware of the problem and it has not yet been fixed in at least two versions. You can complain or you can use one of the other programs or the workaround.

Yes, I already opened ticket with Roxio but their support looks useless. They are giving me useless answers. May be I will post their answers next time.. It is funny to read their responses..

Yes, I already opened ticket with Roxio but their support looks useless. They are giving me useless answers. May be I will post their answers next time.. It is funny to read their responses..

Tell them that it is a multi-user confirmed BUG and have them escalate it. That may be the straw to get them to do something about it. They probably don't have a Canon DSLR to confirm it though.sad.gif

• Like 1

Tell them that it is a multi-user confirmed BUG and have them escalate it. That may be the straw to get them to do something about it. They probably don't have a Canon DSLR to confirm it though.sad.gif

Thanks for your advice. Yes, I already updated my ticket with my comments that it was a multi-user issue. here is another thread on the forum having similar issue: http://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/72116-audio-cuts-out-in-videowave/

Download the free gspot utility 'Establishes what codecs (audio and video) are required to play an media file' here. Load a file that the audio won't work in Roxio and post a screen shot of it.

http://gspot.headbands.com/v26x/index.htm

http://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/74120-posting-a-picturescreen-cap-on-roxio/

post-97-014886000 1333372962.jpg

Download the free gspot utility 'Establishes what codecs (audio and video) are required to play an media file' here. Load a file that the audio won't work in Roxio and post a screen shot of it.

http://gspot.headbands.com/v26x/index.htm

http://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/74120-posting-a-picturescreen-cap-on-roxio/

post-97-014886000 1333372962.jpg

Thanks, I will post the screenshot tonight when I go back home. Roxio Support have escalted my ticket, let us see what happens.

Thanks, I will post the screenshot tonight when I go back home. Roxio Support have escalted my ticket, let us see what happens.

Ok, here is the screen shot of GSpot for your review..post-4300-081000500 1333406231.jpg

Ok, here is the screen shot of GSpot for your review..post-4300-081000500 1333406231.jpg

Do you have QuickTime® V 7 or above installed?

Would you post a short clip that doesn't have audio in Roxio at upfordown, then post a link to it so we can play with it?

http://www.upfordown.com/

Do you have QuickTime® V 7 or above installed?

Would you post a short clip that doesn't have audio in Roxio at upfordown, then post a link to it so we can play with it?

http://www.upfordown.com/

Yes, I have quicktime 7.7.1 installed. Here is the link for the movie clip download: http://www.upfordown.com/files/download/12081/England 012.MOV

Please take a look.

Were you able to download my movie? Please let me know otherwise I will think of some other alternate.

Yes, I was able to download your video.

This website botched the download link!

Let me play with the file in videowave in C2012.

Edited by cdanteek

I've played and researched your video most of the day.

One article I found out of many when looking at Codec PCM S 16 LE (sowt)'No sound for Nikon D5100 movie.' You and your Cannon aren't the only ones!

http://www.mpcclub.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-28238.html

Creator 2012 Pro comes with DivX Plus and the advice I found was to convert to MKV.So I used DivX Plus Converter to convert to DivX HD MKV. Then the audio played in videowave with no problem. If you have Pro or the regular 2012 comes with DivX Plus try it and tell us what you think? The converter changes the audio codec to MPEG AAC Audio (mp4a) but leaves the video the way it was...

post-97-068647300 1333494456.jpg

post-97-083604400 1333494617.jpg

post-97-070597500 1333494226.jpg

I've played and researched your video most of the day.

One article I found out of many when looking at Codec PCM S 16 LE (sowt)'No sound for Nikon D5100 movie.' You and your Cannon aren't the only ones!

http://www.mpcclub.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-28238.html

Creator 2012 Pro comes with DivX Plus and the advice I found was to convert to MKV.So I used DivX Plus Converter to convert to DivX HD MKV. Then the audio played in videowave with no problem. If you have Pro or the regular 2012 comes with DivX Plus try it and tell us what you think? The converter changes the audio codec to MPEG AAC Audio (mp4a) but leaves the video the way it was...

post-97-068647300 1333494456.jpg

post-97-083604400 1333494617.jpg

post-97-070597500 1333494226.jpg

First of all thank you so much for taking so much pains to resove my issue. I really appreciate. I do have Creator 2012 Pro but I could not figure out how to install Divx plus from Roxio. Can you guide me here again? Thanks once again.

First of all thank you so much for taking so much pains to resove my issue. I really appreciate. I do have Creator 2012 Pro but I could not figure out how to install Divx plus from Roxio. Can you guide me here again? Thanks once again.

Nothing special it's on disc # 1 and mine installed along with the C2012 Pro program.

It does have a separate listing in start, programs tho.

post-97-050157100 1333495837.jpg

post-97-077795900 1333495880.jpg

Perfect. Thanks for your wonderful help. I manually installed divx plus on my PC because it was not installed by Roxio. I have download version of Roxio and I think there is some bug in the install. I was able to find all install files under my profile anyways.

I followed your instructions and was able to make my movie file to mkv and then the audio played fine in Videowave.

I really appreciate your help to find out the root cause. I hope Roxio fix this issue some day.

PS: Is Divx player and converter embedded in Roxio 2012 or it is separately installed?

Edited by rookie3512

Perfect. Thanks for your wonderful help. I manually installed divx plus on my PC because it was not installed by Roxio. I have download version of Roxio and I think there is some bug in the install. I was able to find all install files under my profile anyways.

I followed your instructions and was able to make my movie file to mkv and then the audio played fine in Videowave.

I really appreciate your help to find out the root cause. I hope Roxio fix this issue some day.

PS: Is Divx player and converter embedded in Roxio 2012 or it is separately installed?

It is included in Video Copy and Convert, Videowave and My DVD so semi embedded and a separate program. :rolleyes:

It's hard to keep up with Canon, Panasonic, Nikon and other company's going there own way.. ;)

Once again, thanks a lot for your help and clarifying lots of things.

Roxio support was still giving me BS answers and solutions. I think Roxio should be heavily thankful to you digital gurus to do their work to support their product.

I really appreciate for your time and effort to resolve this issue.

I don't think it is an install option, it is installed automatically...

Doesn't it showup on your PC?

post-39730-040891900 1333558394.jpg

post-39730-014807800 1333558397.jpg

I am downloading you file now (had to turn off Windows Movie Player :( ) to work on that site.

If the DivX convert works for you, Great! If not I'll test with a couple more and see what other alternatives might be out there ;)

I don't think it is an install option, it is installed automatically...

Doesn't it showup on your PC?

post-39730-040891900 1333558394.jpg

post-39730-014807800 1333558397.jpg

I am downloading you file now (had to turn off Windows Movie Player :( ) to work on that site.

If the DivX convert works for you, Great! If not I'll test with a couple more and see what other alternatives might be out there ;)

Jim, thanks for your help. I am Ok with Divx converter solution. Divx did not get installed with Roxio on my PC. But I manually downloaded it from divx web site and installed it. Later on I found the divx install file in CD1 folder. I had to find all install folders hidden under my profile\appdtata\temp folder.