Roxio Community

Losing Audio From Hd Movie Made With Canon 60D.

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#21 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,395 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 03:31 PM

View Postrookie3512, on 03 April 2012 - 03:23 PM, said:

First of all thank you so much for taking so much pains to resove my issue. I really appreciate. I do have Creator 2012 Pro but I could not figure out how to install Divx plus from Roxio. Can you guide me here again? Thanks once again.

Nothing special it's on disc # 1 and mine installed along with the C2012 Pro program.

It does have a separate listing in start, programs tho.

Attached File  2012.jpg   187.73K   0 downloads

Attached File  20121.jpg   15.88K   0 downloads
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  

#22 rookie3512

rookie3512

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 04:12 PM

Perfect. Thanks for your wonderful help. I manually installed divx plus on my PC because it was not installed by Roxio. I have download version of Roxio and I think there is some bug in the install. I was able to find all install files under my profile anyways.
I followed your instructions and was able to make my movie file to mkv and then the audio played fine in Videowave.
I really appreciate your help to find out the root cause. I hope Roxio fix this issue some day.

PS: Is Divx player and converter embedded in Roxio 2012 or it is separately installed?

Edited by rookie3512, 03 April 2012 - 04:13 PM.

#23 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,395 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 04:23 PM

View Postrookie3512, on 03 April 2012 - 04:12 PM, said:

Perfect. Thanks for your wonderful help. I manually installed divx plus on my PC because it was not installed by Roxio. I have download version of Roxio and I think there is some bug in the install. I was able to find all install files under my profile anyways.
I followed your instructions and was able to make my movie file to mkv and then the audio played fine in Videowave.
I really appreciate your help to find out the root cause. I hope Roxio fix this issue some day.

PS: Is Divx player and converter embedded in Roxio 2012 or it is separately installed?

It is included in Video Copy and Convert, Videowave and My DVD so semi embedded and a separate program. :rolleyes:

It's hard to keep up with Canon, Panasonic, Nikon and other company's going there own way.. ;)
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

#24 rookie3512

rookie3512

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:31 PM

Once again, thanks a lot for your help and clarifying lots of things.
Roxio support was still giving me BS answers and solutions. I think Roxio should be heavily thankful to you digital gurus to do their work to support their product.
I really appreciate for your time and effort to resolve this issue.

#25 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,971 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:58 AM

View Postrookie3512, on 03 April 2012 - 03:23 PM, said:

First of all thank you so much for taking so much pains to resove my issue. I really appreciate. I do have Creator 2012 Pro but I could not figure out how to install Divx plus from Roxio. Can you guide me here again? Thanks once again.
I don't think it is an install option, it is installed automatically...

Doesn't it showup on your PC?

Attached File  DivX 1.jpg   77.07K   0 downloads

Attached File  DivX 2.jpg   135.9K   0 downloads

I am downloading you file now (had to turn off Windows Movie Player :( ) to work on that site.

If the DivX convert works for you, Great! If not I'll test with a couple more and see what other alternatives might be out there ;)
Posted Image

#26 rookie3512

rookie3512

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:43 PM

View PostJim_Hardin, on 04 April 2012 - 08:58 AM, said:

I don't think it is an install option, it is installed automatically...

Doesn't it showup on your PC?

Attachment DivX 1.jpg

Attachment DivX 2.jpg

I am downloading you file now (had to turn off Windows Movie Player :( ) to work on that site.

If the DivX convert works for you, Great! If not I'll test with a couple more and see what other alternatives might be out there ;)
Jim, thanks for your help. I am Ok with Divx converter solution. Divx did not get installed with Roxio on my PC. But I manually downloaded it from divx web site and installed it. Later on I found the divx install file in CD1 folder. I had to find all install folders hidden under my profile\appdtata\temp folder.

#27 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,971 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:45 AM

OK!

The DivX converter is the only In Suite conversion I could find... There are 3rd party converters that do as well but that goes outside the suite...

One thing I did notice that is odd about the file is that it is 1920 X 1088 format??? I have never seen anything that supports a 1088 image and did notice that if you look closely, there are black borders at the left/right edges of the output.

I have no idea if that has any bearing on the problem, but you might want to check to see if there is a resolution available to you in the camera settings that is closer to industry standards ;)
Posted Image

#28 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,395 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:01 AM

View PostJim_Hardin, on 05 April 2012 - 01:45 AM, said:

OK!

The DivX converter is the only In Suite conversion I could find... There are 3rd party converters that do as well but that goes outside the suite...

One thing I did notice that is odd about the file is that it is 1920 X 1088 format??? I have never seen anything that supports a 1088 image and did notice that if you look closely, there are black borders at the left/right edges of the output.

I have no idea if that has any bearing on the problem, but you might want to check to see if there is a resolution available to you in the camera settings that is closer to industry standards ;)

Who/what is right?

Attached File  2.jpg   138.08K   0 downloads

Attached File  3.jpg   81.45K   0 downloads

Attached File  4.jpg   59.87K   0 downloads

Attached File  5.jpg   70.27K   0 downloads

Attached Files

• Attached File  6.jpg   80.18K   0 downloads

cd
Spoiler

#29 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,971 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:57 PM

I based mine on Windows Explorer as well as the tell tail black borders on the edges ;)

If you compare key rain drops at the top and bottom edge you will notice that they move "up and down" as the 1088 is cropped to fit a 1080 format.
Posted Image

#30 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,395 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:52 PM

View PostJim_Hardin, on 05 April 2012 - 12:57 PM, said:

I based mine on Windows Explorer as well as the tell tail black borders on the edges ;)

If you compare key rain drops at the top and bottom edge you will notice that they move "up and down" as the 1088 is cropped to fit a 1080 format.

What does the DivX converter do to the 1920 at 1904?

Attached File  6.jpg   80.18K   0 downloads
cd
Spoiler

#31 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,971 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:25 AM

I did not keep the files... I'll run it again but don't know if I can get to it today :(
Posted Image

#32 rookie3512

rookie3512

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:35 PM

Thanks for doing more investigation on this issue. Roxio Support has promised to fix the issue in the next update. Let us see..

#33 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,971 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:27 AM

That's good to hear, I'll Hold my Breath :lol:

cd: Yes my resolution after passing the DivX Converter indicates the same 1904 X 1080 cropping that you noted! ;)
Posted Image

#34 Jason@Corel

Jason@Corel

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:56 PM

Hello Rookie3512,

Can you post your case number here so I can take a look at it's status?

Thanks,

Jason

*edit: I should actually read the entire post first, then ask for details Posted Image

#35 Jason@Corel

Jason@Corel

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:00 AM

Just as an FYI for anyone following, I have requested Ivan bring up this issue again with the product development as I was able to replicate the problem in Video Wave using the downloaded file in this thread.

Not to push another product on you but you might want to try out Video Studio Pro x5

In VSPx4 we had similar issues with the 16bit Little Endian Audio.  VSPX5 has resolved these issues, I was able to edit the video and play it back multiple times without audio drop out.

Btw watching that Video in Media Player I was blown away by the clarity of it.

#36 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,971 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:07 AM

View PostJason@Corel, on 11 April 2012 - 06:00 AM, said:

Just as an FYI for anyone following, I have requested Ivan bring up this issue again with the product development as I was able to replicate the problem in Video Wave using the downloaded file in this thread.

Not to push another product on you but you might want to try out Video Studio Pro x5

In VSPx4 we had similar issues with the 16bit Little Endian Audio.  VSPX5 has resolved these issues, I was able to edit the video and play it back multiple times without audio drop out.

Btw watching that Video in Media Player I was blown away by the clarity of it.
:lol:  :D  :lol: old loyalties never die ;)
Posted Image

#37 Jason@Corel

Jason@Corel

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:44 AM

Believe me I was reluctant to post that but in the best interests of getting someone a working solution, it is a viable option.

Besides, It's not like we're 2 different company's anymore ;)

#38 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,971 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:22 AM

View PostJason@Corel, on 11 April 2012 - 07:44 AM, said:

Believe me I was reluctant to post that but in the best interests of getting someone a working solution, it is a viable option.

Besides, It's not like we're 2 different company's anymore ;)
I thought it was funny for those very same reasons ;)
Posted Image

#39 GitsNys

GitsNys

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:23 AM

View Postrookie3512, on 31 March 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I am having issues with the HD movies made in my Canon 60D DSLR camera. These movies are quicktime movies with extension MOV.
When I bring them in Video wave and play them, the audio from the movie works only for few seconds and then it loses it.
If I want to use native audio in my movie, I can not do it.
I tried same movies clips in Powerdiector 10, I had no issues at all.
I will appreciate your help. I love Roxio and using it since version 7.

Hallo

In the beginning of january 2012 I reported to Roxio support about problem with .MOV files from my new digital camera Canon IXUS 1100 HS.

When i use Roxio 2012 PRO "Edith video advance" or  Roxio "Copy and convert Video" the sounds disappears after about 2/3 of the movie.

If the .MOV film is for example 15 seconds. After conversion with Roxio software the sounds disappears after abot 10 seconds and the movie continues to the end without any sound.
If I convert a .MOV files which is 180 seconds the sound  disappears after about 120 seconds.

First Roxio 1:st line support suggested that I hade problem with my own computer. But I didnīt have any problem with converting .MOV files with free conversion programs like for example Any Video Converter. Roxio got in january a Canon .MOV files from me.

In the beginning of februari Roxio support admitted what Roxio 2012 software have a problem with Canon .MOV files.

I am still waiting to hear from Roxio support when Roxio will have a fix for the Canon .MOV files.

Have anyone heard when we users will get a fix from Roxio.

#40 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,395 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:23 PM

View PostGitsNys, on 12 April 2012 - 10:23 AM, said:

Hallo

In the beginning of january 2012 I reported to Roxio support about problem with .MOV files from my new digital camera Canon IXUS 1100 HS.

When i use Roxio 2012 PRO "Edith video advance" or  Roxio "Copy and convert Video" the sounds disappears after about 2/3 of the movie.

If the .MOV film is for example 15 seconds. After conversion with Roxio software the sounds disappears after abot 10 seconds and the movie continues to the end without any sound.
If I convert a .MOV files which is 180 seconds the sound  disappears after about 120 seconds.

First Roxio 1:st line support suggested that I hade problem with my own computer. But I didnīt have any problem with converting .MOV files with free conversion programs like for example Any Video Converter. Roxio got in january a Canon .MOV files from me.

In the beginning of februari Roxio support admitted what Roxio 2012 software have a problem with Canon .MOV files.

I am still waiting to hear from Roxio support when Roxio will have a fix for the Canon .MOV files.

Have anyone heard when we users will get a fix from Roxio.

Obviously you didn't read any of this thread!

Read the thread please.
cd
Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users