• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Impact Red

Impact Red

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 12:19 PM

Roxio support team does not help and I need help recording a video for games like runescape and minecraft....I press f6 on my laptop and nothing happens, my computer is Hp laptop intelcore i5 with windows 7 (pavilion dm4-2180us) please help... I bought this to make youtube videos and I cannot get anything to work.

#2 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,875 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 12:27 PM

View PostImpact Red, on 01 April 2012 - 12:19 PM, said:

Roxio support team does not help and I need help recording a video for games like runescape and minecraft....I press f6 on my laptop and nothing happens, my computer is Hp laptop intelcore i5 with windows 7 (pavilion dm4-2180us) please help... I bought this to make youtube videos and I cannot get anything to work.

Please explain "Roxio Support Team does not help".  Are yoiu getting responses and suggestions from them.  Are you following up on their suggestions?   Did you check your spam folder for their responses?

Have you read these  Kb articles (link)?  Did support suggest these articles?   Did yiou generate a log of the process and send it to customer support.

How old is that laptop?  Have you been to the HP site to update the video drivers?

Please explain F6. and nothing works.

Edited by sknis, 01 April 2012 - 12:35 PM.

PC  
Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin):  Windows 8.1 64 bit, I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#3 Impact Red

Impact Red

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:46 PM

View Postsknis, on 01 April 2012 - 12:27 PM, said:

Please explain "Roxio Support Team does not help".  Are yoiu getting responses and suggestions from them.  Are you following up on their suggestions?   Did you check your spam folder for their responses?

Have you read these  Kb articles (link)?  Did support suggest these articles?   Did yiou generate a log of the process and send it to customer support.

How old is that laptop?  Have you been to the HP site to update the video drivers?

Please explain F6. and nothing works.
Hello, I have not had a reply on my support ticket
My hp-pavilion laptop is only like 4 months old and I have upgraded all of its drivers and graphics
Whenever I go to capture it says start recording your game videos, does this program only work for downloaded games like starcraft, world of warcraft, call of duty or can it also work with in web games like minecraft, flash games and other java games. If so, does it require google chrome, iexplorer, or firefox? The green square also does not show up when I open up the video capture window.

Attached Files

• Attached File  vid.png   480.09K   0 downloads

#4 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,875 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:17 AM

Did you look at the minimum requirements before you bought the program?

<LI hasbox="2">Microsoft Windows® 7, Vista™ SP2, XP (SP3 for 32 bit & SP2 for 64 bit), Intel® Core 2 Duo Processor 1.8 GHz or AMD Athlon x2 64 2.0 GHz, 2GB RAM <LI hasbox="2">DirectX® 9.0c compatible graphics card or higher, sound card <LI hasbox="2">2GB free hard drive space for installation. 10+ GB free recommended for video recording. <LI hasbox="2">Windows Media Player 11 or higher <LI hasbox="2">Internet explorer 7 or 8 <LI hasbox="2">Internet connection required for capture, registration, product updates and tutorials. Any Internet charges are the user's responsibility
  • One available USB 2.0 port (Console Version)
Did you ask those specific questions of Roxio Tech Support?

Asked again - Did you check your spam folders for replies?  Have you gone in and checked for replies/updates on your ticket number?

Have  you tried running any games that you own and are on your computer?  Does it work then?

How much other stuff do you have running when you are trying to do the capture?  It looks like there are a lot.  All those other programs will slow things down.

Another thought.  Did you have your anti-virus running when you installed the rpogram?  Which one?  Soem of them prevent needed registry entries not to be written correctly.   You can try to run a repair to see if that helps,  If not, uninstall the program, trun off your anti-virus and reinstall.

Edited by sknis, 02 April 2012 - 05:28 AM.

PC  
Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin):  Windows 8.1 64 bit, I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#5 OXFinnXO

OXFinnXO

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Stuff.

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:09 AM

I have a similar computer, and the same problem is happening when I try recording Minecraft. It apparently won't recognize the application a all. The whole reason why I bought this was to record Minecraft gameplay, and if it will not work, I have wasted my money. I would appreciate it if someone could help me/all the other users having this problem.
You think killing people would make them your friend, but it doesn't. It just makes them dead.
                                                                                                -Joe Walker as Voldemort, AVPM

#6 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,875 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:11 AM

View PostOXFinnXO, on 29 June 2012 - 11:09 AM, said:

I have a similar computer, and the same problem is happening when I try recording Minecraft. It apparently won't recognize the application a all. The whole reason why I bought this was to record Minecraft gameplay, and if it will not work, I have wasted my money. I would appreciate it if someone could help me/all the other users having this problem.

What do you consider a "similar" computer?  At least post the computer manufacturer and COMPLETE model number.  The long model number which tell us what variation it is.

Roxio has a 30 day money back guarantee if you bought it directly from them. Get started to get your money back now !

Edited by sknis, 29 June 2012 - 11:13 AM.

PC  

Apple =OSX 10.5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users