• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 ploard

ploard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:12 AM

I bought a Rexio game capture from Amazon about four months ago. The device was giving me a lot of issues from lag to audio problems and enabled to record in AVI. So I uninstalled the program from my laptop and couldn't reinstall it because I lost my product key. I know it was idiotic of me to lose the product key and not register the device. But I have proof of purchase from a invoice from Amazon.com . I called customer service for help and they told me to go to the rexio.com and leave a complaints. Two days later I got a email telling me that I can only get my product key if I registered it online witch I didn't do. Is their anyway I can get another product key or do I have to buy another caption card

#2 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,699 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:08 AM

View Postploard, on 06 April 2012 - 04:12 AM, said:

I bought a Rexio game capture from Amazon about four months ago. The device was giving me a lot of issues from lag to audio problems and enabled to record in AVI. So I uninstalled the program from my laptop and couldn't reinstall it because I lost my product key. I know it was idiotic of me to lose the product key and not register the device. But I have proof of purchase from a invoice from Amazon.com . I called customer service for help and they told me to go to the rexio.com and leave a complaints. Two days later I got a email telling me that I can only get my product key if I registered it online witch I didn't do. Is their anyway I can get another product key or do I have to buy another caption card

No way to get the key if you lost it.

Download and run Belarc Advisor (free);   it will sometimes have the keys for your installed/uninstalled programs.I just ran it and it gace me SOME of the Roxio keys.
PC  
Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin):  Windows 8.1 64 bit, I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#3 ploard

ploard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:52 AM

I don't see why the company can't sell me another installation disk

#4 ogdens

ogdens

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,222 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:59 AM

View Postploard, on 06 April 2012 - 05:52 AM, said:

You will have to pursue that further with Roxio....we are just fellow users on here.

Good Luck

#5 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,433 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:04 AM

View Postploard, on 06 April 2012 - 05:52 AM, said:

The key was on the installation disc white paper sleeve, did you loose that?

They don't sell just a installation disc, it's the whole package.

http://www.roxio.com...e/overview.html

They do have a 30 day like it or return it policy when you buy from the Roxio website.
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  

#6 ploard

ploard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:16 AM

I think this is messed up. I bought their product for over $100 and they can't give me a replacement key. SO let me understand that all the people who lost their product Key has to buy a new captioncard.

#7 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,433 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:22 AM

View Postploard, on 06 April 2012 - 06:16 AM, said:

I think this is messed up. I bought their product for over $100 and they can't give me a replacement key. SO let me understand that all the people who lost their product Key has to buy a new captioncard.

You didn't answer the question!

The key was on the installation disc white paper sleeve, did you loose that?

Do you think there are alot of irresponsible people that loose the white paper sleeve the disc comes in?
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

#8 ploard

ploard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:41 AM

Yes I lost the Cd sleeve and countless others have lost theirs. Most company have good customer service support to resolve problems like this. The Rexio captioncard in my opinion was a waste of money. It had audio problems , lag and sometimes even crashed, you would think they would have a 24 hour support team to help with their failed product.

#9 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,699 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:42 AM

Did you try Belarc Advisor?

If you lose your wallet with $$ in it, is the government supposed to replace that money?  Posted Image
PC  
Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin):  Windows 8.1 64 bit, I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#10 ploard

ploard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:21 AM

View Postsknis, on 06 April 2012 - 06:42 AM, said:

Did you try Belarc Advisor?

If you lose your wallet with $$ in it, is the government supposed to replace that money?  Posted Image
No i won't but ill get a New DRIVER LICENCE AND NEW CREDITCARD, AND IVE NEVER HEARD OF Belarc Advisor so im not trying it.

#11 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,433 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:57 AM

View Postploard, on 06 April 2012 - 08:21 AM, said:

No i won't but ill get a New DRIVER LICENCE AND NEW CREDITCARD, AND IVE NEVER HEARD OF Belarc Advisor so im not trying it.

Roxio support I doubt will hand out new CD Keys just because folks say they lost them.

This is a user forum and no one here, except a administrator, can help with your CD Key problem other than whats been offered.

Customer service or opening a support ticket is the way you should proceed!

So we will close this post now...

Sorry, we couldn't help and good luck.
cd
Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users