2 replies to this topic

#1 nadonou

nadonou

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:48 AM

Good morning,
I have been trying to record photos as a back up set  that requires 5 DVDs. This has failed twice on the 2nd and then 3rd disc  and the message showing is: Sense key: medium error and Sense code:0x73, 0x03. My feeling is that the fault comes from the discs? Also, I cant read the first disc on my macbook (?) and I feel it might be the recording speed that's at fault (??). I thought of asking the group before changing recording settings...
Thank you for any suggestions

#2 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,667 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:14 AM

A medium error is when the drive fails to write to the media (disc). This usually can be corrected by using a different brand of discs. I recommend Verbatim discs for Apple drives. By default the burn speed is set to Best which is the fastest speed the drive will support with a particular disc. You can set a lower burn speed using the Recorder Settings window. Be sure to have a disc inserted and recognized before setting the burn speed.
I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

#3 nadonou

nadonou

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:25 AM

View Posttsantee, on 06 April 2012 - 06:14 AM, said:

A medium error is when the drive fails to write to the media (disc). This usually can be corrected by using a different brand of discs. I recommend Verbatim discs for Apple drives. By default the burn speed is set to Best which is the fastest speed the drive will support with a particular disc. You can set a lower burn speed using the Recorder Settings window. Be sure to have a disc inserted and recognized before setting the burn speed.

Thanks for the pointers. Good to know your feeling about Verbatim - this info is hard to get(!) - and the precautions to take. I did get better results in using the slowest speed - x2.
Cheers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users