• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 plump

plump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:48 AM

I purchased Easy VHS to DVD for Mac from a store, but I don't have a CD drive on my MacBook Air to install my software.  Does anyone know how I can download it from this website?  I've registered my product, but it won't let me get to the software to download.

Any help would be appreciated!  Thanks :)

#2 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,654 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:57 AM

I suggest contacting Roxio's customer support. There is a download from Roxio's software updates page for the Easy VHS to DVD Capture 1.0.5 which will work for you. But it is the version that captures as MPEG 2 files rather than the newer Roxio Video Capture application that captures as either h.264 or Apple Intermediate Codec. The latter is much better for editing and playing on computers and the former is better for quickly making video DVDs using either Toast or Popcorn.

You also can take the install disc to some other computer that has an optical drive and copy the app to a USB thumb drive from which you can install it.
I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

#3 cinabar

cinabar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:40 AM

With the MacBook air you can use the optical drive on any other Mac that is on the same network. You end up asking for permission across the network to use the other Mac's dvd drive and put the disk in that machine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users