iiStaticHD

Roxio Game Capture Software Problem

Question

When i try to install the software to my laptop is says i dont have a driver for it and i also didnt get a disk with my game cap.I bought it online from the roxio website WHAT SHOULD DO

40 answers to this question

When i try to install the software to my laptop is says i dont have a driver for it and i also didnt get a disk with my game cap.I bought it online from the roxio website WHAT SHOULD DO

What about the hardware? What did you buy, the version that captures games that you play on the computer or the one that captures game from an XBox or other?

post-97-066036100 1333757584.gif

Excuse me, the Roxio Game Capture for consoles doesn't come as a download because of the hardware, the delivery method is physical!

So start over and don't leave out any important details like before.

o ok i got it fixed. but 1 more thing can you tell me how to install it because when i pluged it in to my laptop it just started an installation but it wasnt the one that says Roxio Game Cap it was just a white rectangle that says install and it doesnt show the icon

o ok i got it fixed. but 1 more thing can you tell me how to install it because when i pluged it in to my laptop it just started an installation but it wasnt the one that says Roxio Game Cap it was just a white rectangle that says install and it doesnt show the icon

You say that you bought it online from the Roxio website. Did they send you your Game Cap via UPS, FedEx, or the mail?

I am have some troubles on how to get the Roxio Game Cap Setup Wizard up for console. I bought my game cap online on the roxio website. It was delivered via USPS Priority Mail. PLZ HELP :angry2::( !!!!!!

I am have some troubles on how to get the Roxio Game Cap Setup Wizard up for console. I bought my game cap online on the roxio website. It was delivered via USPS Priority Mail. PLZ HELP :angry2::( !!!!!!

Did you install the program BEFORE you got the USB device?

Please post your complete computer specs - at least the make and complte model number.

Please post your complete computer specs - at least the make and complte model number.

how do i install the program

Windows 7 Dell Inspiron 64 bit 15.6" 4 GB Memory 500GB Hard Drive

how do i install the program

Sorry, are you kidding? How old are you? How much computer experience do you have? Get a friend to help ! blink.gifohmy.gif

Ok, I calmed down a bit. If you plugged that device into the computer without having the software installed, you screwed it all up. You will need to uninstall the drivers that Windows installed. Get help!

Edited by sknis

I just plugged everything in then i put the USB in my laptop if thats what your talking bout

Edited by iiStaticHD

I just plugged everything in then i put the USB in my laptop if thats what your talking bout

And it was entirely my fault. sad.gif

Sorry was confused by you saying that you bought and installed the software by downloading it. I didn't think that you could donwload that program. Can you post a link to the page. I know that you can do so with the PC game capture for PC.

The software is on the device and it should load automatically.

Did you follw the insatructions here? (the two getting started videoes). If not, what did you do differently. Did you get the window to install the program when you plugged it in?

Does your laptop meet the minimum requirements? What are your display settings? The white box is often a sign of a issue with either MSXML or DirectX 9C. Go to Microsift and update both ot those.. Are you connected to the Internet with that laptop?

Edited by sknis

Sorry was confused by you saying that you bought and installed the software by downloading it. I didn't think that you could donwload that program. Can you post a link to the page. I know that you can do so with the PC game capture for PC.

Did you follw the insatructions here? (the two getting started videoes). If not, what did you do differently. Did you get the window to install the program when you plugged it in?

Does your laptop meet the minimum requirements? What are your display settings? The white box is often a sign of a issue with either MSXML or DirectX 9C. Go to Microsift and update both ot those.. Are you connected to the Internet with that laptop?

Ok what i did was I plugged in all the wires to my xbox 360 and TV then i plugged in the USB to me laptop once i did that something started to download but it wasnt the Roxio Game Cap Setup Wizard. After the download stopped it say "Ready To Use" then i clicked close and nothing happened NO icon showed up for the game cap nothing just the background of my desktop and some other icons NOT the roxio game cap one and now i need help getting the Roxio Game Cap Setup Wizard so it can install it and put the icon on my desktop and launch the Roxio Game Capture :(

Yes my laptop meets the minimum requirements! No white box! Yes im connected to the internet! Display settings are at 1080i!!!

Yes my laptop meets the minimum requirements! No white box! Yes im connected to the internet! Display settings are at 1080i!!!

Are those icons something that were there originally or something new? If they are new, what do you get if you right clcik on them and select to open them?

Go to Windows and select all programs, you should see Roxio there in the list, If you open that folder in the list, what do you see? Post a screen shot.

Are those icons something that were there originally or something new? If they are new, what do you get if you right clcik on them and select to open them?

Go to Windows and select all programs, you should see Roxio there in the list, If you open that folder in the list, what do you see? Post a screen shot.

I opened the folder and only Roxio Burn was there. Srry my laptop doesnt do ScreenShots :(

In XP, control Panel, Add Remove Programs or Vista/W-7 Start, Control Panel, Programs and Features.

Do you show the two listings listings, Roxio Game Capture and ROXIO GAMECAP installed?

post-97-094373200 1333813438.jpg

post-97-057068800 1333813444.jpg

In XP, control Panel, Add Remove Programs or Vista/W-7 Start, Control Panel, Programs and Features.

Do you show the two listings listings, Roxio Game Capture and ROXIO GAMECAP installed?

post-97-094373200 1333813438.jpg

post-97-057068800 1333813444.jpg

Doesnt show that

Doesnt show that

Doesn't show what?

I'm about finished trying to help you!

Your half baked one line answers that tell me nothing.

Answer the question like you should.

Doesn't show what?

I'm about finished trying to help you!

Your half baked one line answers that tell me nothing.

Answer the question like you should.

It doesnt show the roxio game cap in the Program and Features. What do i do to get it installed and in the Programs and Features

Edited by iiStaticHD

I didnt see the roxio game cap in the Program and Features. What do i do to get it installed and in the Programs and Features

I'm about done here, do you speak English?

I show TWO listings in Programs and Features, what do you show?

I'm about done here, do you speak English?

I show TWO listings in Programs and Features, what do you show?

All I see from roxio is Roxio Burn i Did not see the TWO