• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 atmob

atmob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 01:51 PM

My Roxio Photosuite 10 was installed at purchase time, not by me.  Has worked fine for 1.5 years.  Now suddenly, when trying to save pictures, encounter message, "This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.  Please contact the application's support team for more information."  

The suggestions regarding C++ Runtime Error, etc. on the site did not apply or work.  There was no RoxWatchTray or CommonSDk in the startup list, and no Roxio Hard Drive Watcher on the Services tab.  Note that the message does not occur when starting computer, but when trying to save a picture.

PhotoSuite worked fine for a long time, don't know what happened -- unless in an effort to clean up, my use of RegCure removed something vital.  All advice appreciated.

#2 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,185 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 01:54 PM

View Postatmob, on 07 April 2012 - 01:51 PM, said:

My Roxio Photosuite 10 was installed at purchase time, not by me.  Has worked fine for 1.5 years.  Now suddenly, when trying to save pictures, encounter message, "This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.  Please contact the application's support team for more information."  

The suggestions regarding C++ Runtime Error, etc. on the site did not apply or work.  There was no RoxWatchTray or CommonSDk in the startup list, and no Roxio Hard Drive Watcher on the Services tab.  Note that the message does not occur when starting computer, but when trying to save a picture.

PhotoSuite worked fine for a long time, don't know what happened -- unless in an effort to clean up, my use of RegCure removed something vital.  All advice appreciated.

Registry cleaners break Roxio software!

Uninstall it and reinstall it, don't use the RegCure again..
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  

#3 atmob

atmob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:15 AM

View Postcdanteek, on 07 April 2012 - 01:54 PM, said:

Registry cleaners break Roxio software!

Uninstall it and reinstall it, don't use the RegCure again..

Roxio was installed by Dell, which did not give me disk(s).  Any other suggestions?  e.g. who to contact at Roxio?

#4 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,185 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:19 AM

View Postatmob, on 08 April 2012 - 07:15 AM, said:

Roxio was installed by Dell, which did not give me disk(s).  Any other suggestions?  e.g. who to contact at Roxio?

Contact Dell they put it on your PC for free and are responsible for supporting it.
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

#5 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,512 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:21 AM

Did you look on your hard drive for a restore partition?
PC  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit  
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, 250G SSD,  EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012, Creator NXT2 Pro. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus and others.

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#6 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,185 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:01 AM

View Postsknis, on 08 April 2012 - 07:21 AM, said:

Did you look on your hard drive for a restore partition?

A warning about a restore partition!

It will revert your PC back to the day you got it.

Any data you don't backup/save, any updated programs/drivers will be lost after the restore.

Might want to check with Dell for a download of the Roxio program or uninstall it and buy a Retail Roxio program if needed?
cd
Spoiler

#7 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,512 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:19 AM

View Postcdanteek, on 08 April 2012 - 08:01 AM, said:

A warning about a restore partition!

It will revert your PC back to the day you got it.

Any data you don't backup/save, any updated programs/drivers will be lost after the restore.

Might want to check with Dell for a download of the Roxio program or uninstall it and buy a Retail Roxio program if needed?

Thanks for the caveat.   I was hoping that there was a partial restore for some of the software.   I looked an I didn't find anyhtiing about a restore partition on a Dell computer (I looked at mine).

Edited by sknis, 08 April 2012 - 08:20 AM.

PC  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit  
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, 250G SSD,  EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012, Creator NXT2 Pro. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus and others.

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users