I am importing an analog video using the DVD-Video menu. I am importing using the canopus ADVC-110 digitizer machine. I follow these steps:
1. Select the dvd-video option
2. in media browser select i movie events folder
3. In options: Encoding Automatic - best; give the disc a name
4. import - give the new clip a description
5. below it shows 4.22 gb space - dvd - destination: optiarc dvd ad-5690H as selected: however, there are other choices: recorder settings/disc image/ other shared recorder
6. When import it uses only 721. mb. However, there are other tapes that are much longer. ((I can import directly into imovie with no problem but i do not think i get the same quality as toast 11)
7. now that the file is imported..
What is my next step: Must i copy to a hard drive or disc image or is there a way to save the file directly to I movie as an Mpeg 2 or 4..
My concern is that the longer movies will not fit on a disc.
also, once i import the file it is a .toast.. so what do i do next to bring the video into imovie.. how do i save it on my imac..
Thanks for your help..
Edited by m1234, 08 April 2012 - 02:28 PM.