• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 allistrang

allistrang

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:36 AM

I just upgrade to Mac OSX Lion.  I am using iLife '11.  I have been reading reviews on this product at amazon.com and now I am leary to purchase.  Does it work well with Lion?  I have both a MacBook running 10.7.3 (Lion) with 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB memory, and a MacBook Pro with 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 GB memory running 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard).  I have also built a virtual machine that runs windows as well.  But I only use that for work.  I prefer to work in the mac world.  So should I buy this product?  Will it run correctly for me with my specs?  I have probably 20-25 Mini DV tapes that I need to transfer to DVD.  But I don't want to pay someone else a ton of money to do it.  Any opinions?  I would love any advice I can get.  Thanks in advance.

#2 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,613 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:11 AM

Do you still have your DV camcorder? If so you should be able import those tapes to the Mac without having to do an analog-to-digital transfer. The miniDV tapes are already digital so it's just a matter of transfer, not conversion.

That said, the new capture application bundled with the Easy VHS to DVD for Mac is a great improvement over the older application. So the reviews you read are probably based on the old version. The new one is called Roxio Video Capture and captures either as a h.264 MPEG 4 video or as an Apple Intermediate Codec video. The old version is called Easy VHS to DVD Capture and captures as MPEG 2 which is nice for quickly making a video DVD but not for much of anything else.

The new version is very good at the price. But you shouldn't need it.
I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users