Damo

Unable To Do Anything With Videowave, Out Of My Control

Question

For some reason my videowave is refusing to allow me to add or edit any file that is recorded and it comes up with the error "one or more files you are trying to add cannot be edited, and have not been added"

please help its stupid, it worked on my laptop and no longer works now that i ave a new PC...

-Damo

13 answers to this question

For some reason my videowave is refusing to allow me to add or edit any file that is recorded and it comes up with the error "one or more files you are trying to add cannot be edited, and have not been added"

please help its stupid, it worked on my laptop and no longer works now that i ave a new PC...

-Damo

What version of the Roxio software do you have? What type of files are you trying to add to VideoWave? Where did they originate?

What version of the Roxio software do you have? What type of files are you trying to add to VideoWave? Where did they originate?

I have the most up to date software, as it automatically checks for them, its the roxio gamecap, used on a 360

i am trying to add some files that were recorded using my gamecap, and these are Divx files. they came from the software used to record and got plopped into my videos folder.

thanks for getting back to me, however its late where i am, so ill get back to it tomorrow.

cheers, damo

I have the most up to date software, as it automatically checks for them, its the roxio gamecap, used on a 360

i am trying to add some files that were recorded using my gamecap, and these are Divx files. they came from the software used to record and got plopped into my videos folder.

thanks for getting back to me, however its late where i am, so ill get back to it tomorrow.

cheers, damo

This poster is dealing with the same problem.

I asked him to post a small capture of a DivX file he can't open in videowave. He did and I downloaded it and I can open it it videowave. I'm not sure what the problem is but post a short clip so I can check it and post the link here. upfordown works well for most folks. http://www.upfordown.com/

Same problem post,

http://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/81302-why-cant-i-capture-in-divx-or-avi/page__view__findpost__p__405970

i dont see how this would help, its obviously not the file, its my audiowave or computer, something along thoise lines as it worked fine on my laptop, the guy your referring to has the same problem with his audiowave software, its refusing to read anything.

i dont see how this would help, its obviously not the file, its my audiowave or computer, something along thoise lines as it worked fine on my laptop, the guy your referring to has the same problem with his audiowave software, its refusing to read anything.

You don't see how what will help?

How do you obviously know it's not the file?

What is your audiowave? I've never heard of a audiowave!

If you don't want help or suggestions why ask?

You don't see how what will help?

How do you obviously know it's not the file?

What is your audiowave? I've never heard of a audiowave!

If you don't want help or suggestions why ask?

alright, well anyway, here's a snippet of something recorded using the roxio gamecap, test it please.

http://www.upfordown.com/public/pdownload/111327/test.avi?no_history

odd, seen as its 31 mb? but nice one

Upfordown is free and the download speeds are slow 20KB/sec

I don't have any problem loading it in videowave, viewing it, and hearing sound.

post-97-059192600 1335139789.jpg

I don't have any problem loading it in videowave, viewing it, and hearing sound.

post-97-059192600 1335139789.jpg

yes, and this happened with the other guy, the post you redirected me to, and this is the issue, i cant do that, its like i have no codecs whatsoever, but i have used the program you told me to and it has given me the A-OK, so is there any suggestions you can give me to fix this?

yes, and this happened with the other guy, the post you redirected me to, and this is the issue, i cant do that, its like i have no codecs whatsoever, but i have used the program you told me to and it has given me the A-OK, so is there any suggestions you can give me to fix this?

Does GSpot show codec(s) are installed?

post-97-045380600 1335141094.jpg

As a suggestion, if you have the divx player installed on your computer, you will probably get this issue. I suggest you remove the divx player if you have it installed and see what happens.