• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Damo

Damo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:57 PM

For some reason my videowave is refusing to allow me to add or edit any file that is recorded and it comes up with the error "one or more files you are trying to add cannot be edited, and have not been added"

please help its stupid, it worked on my laptop and no longer works now that i ave a new PC...

-Damo

#2 grandpabruce

grandpabruce

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,432 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:56 PM

View PostDamo, on 09 April 2012 - 04:57 PM, said:

For some reason my videowave is refusing to allow me to add or edit any file that is recorded and it comes up with the error "one or more files you are trying to add cannot be edited, and have not been added"

please help its stupid, it worked on my laptop and no longer works now that i ave a new PC...

-Damo

What version of the Roxio software do you have?  What type of files are you trying to add to VideoWave?  Where did they originate?
Life is good!
GrandpaBruce
Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971

Main System:
ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard; Cooler Master ATCS 840 Case
Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor
CORSAIR DOMINATOR 3GB (3 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866
PLEXTOR Black DVD Burner, Model PX-880SA; Pioneer Black 8X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R Burner
EVGA GEFORCE GTX 670 2GB Video Card
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series Sound Card
Windows XP Pro w/SP3

Backup Computer:
ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe
Windows 7 Pro w/SP1

#3 Damo

Damo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:54 PM

View Postgrandpabruce, on 09 April 2012 - 05:56 PM, said:

What version of the Roxio software do you have?  What type of files are you trying to add to VideoWave?  Where did they originate?

I have the most up to date software, as it automatically checks for them, its the roxio gamecap, used on  a 360
i am trying to add some files that were recorded using my gamecap, and these are Divx files. they came from the software used to record and got plopped into my videos folder.

thanks for getting back to me, however its late where i am, so ill get back to it tomorrow.

cheers, damo

#4 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,358 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:03 AM

View PostDamo, on 09 April 2012 - 06:54 PM, said:

I have the most up to date software, as it automatically checks for them, its the roxio gamecap, used on  a 360
i am trying to add some files that were recorded using my gamecap, and these are Divx files. they came from the software used to record and got plopped into my videos folder.

thanks for getting back to me, however its late where i am, so ill get back to it tomorrow.

cheers, damo

This poster is dealing with the same problem.

I asked him to post a small capture of a DivX file he can't open in videowave. He did and I downloaded it and I can open it it videowave. I'm not sure what the problem is but post a short clip so I can check it and post the link here. upfordown works well for most folks.  http://www.upfordown.com/

Same problem post,

http://forums.suppor...post__p__405970
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  

#5 Damo

Damo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:41 AM

i dont see how this would help, its obviously not the file, its my audiowave or computer, something along thoise lines as it worked fine on my laptop, the guy your referring to has the same problem with his audiowave software, its refusing to read anything.

#6 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,358 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:14 PM

View PostDamo, on 16 April 2012 - 09:41 AM, said:

i dont see how this would help, its obviously not the file, its my audiowave or computer, something along thoise lines as it worked fine on my laptop, the guy your referring to has the same problem with his audiowave software, its refusing to read anything.

You don't see how what will help?

How do you obviously know it's not the file?

What is your audiowave? I've never heard of a audiowave!

If you don't want help or suggestions why ask?
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

#7 Damo

Damo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:53 AM

View Postcdanteek, on 16 April 2012 - 02:14 PM, said:

You don't see how what will help?

How do you obviously know it's not the file?

What is your audiowave? I've never heard of a audiowave!

If you don't want help or suggestions why ask?

alright, well anyway, here's a snippet of something recorded using the roxio gamecap, test it please.

http://www.upfordown....avi?no_history

#8 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,358 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:50 PM

View PostDamo, on 22 April 2012 - 10:53 AM, said:

alright, well anyway, here's a snippet of something recorded using the roxio gamecap, test it please.

http://www.upfordown....avi?no_history

Downloading it now it says 35 minutes to download.
cd
Spoiler

#9 Damo

Damo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:55 PM

View Postcdanteek, on 22 April 2012 - 02:50 PM, said:

Downloading it now it says 35 minutes to download.

odd, seen as its 31 mb? but nice one

#10 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,358 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 03:06 PM

View PostDamo, on 22 April 2012 - 02:55 PM, said:

odd, seen as its 31 mb? but nice one

Upfordown is free and the download speeds are slow 20KB/sec
cd
Spoiler

#11 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,358 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:10 PM

I don't have any problem loading it in videowave, viewing it, and hearing sound.

m.jpg
cd
Spoiler

#12 Damo

Damo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:15 PM

View Postcdanteek, on 22 April 2012 - 04:10 PM, said:

I don't have any problem loading it in videowave, viewing it, and hearing sound.

Attachment m.jpg

yes, and this happened with the other guy, the post you redirected me to, and this is the issue, i cant do that, its like i have no codecs whatsoever, but i have used the program you told me to and it has given me the A-OK, so is there any suggestions you can give me to fix this?

#13 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,358 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:32 PM

View PostDamo, on 22 April 2012 - 04:15 PM, said:

yes, and this happened with the other guy, the post you redirected me to, and this is the issue, i cant do that, its like i have no codecs whatsoever, but i have used the program you told me to and it has given me the A-OK, so is there any suggestions you can give me to fix this?

Does GSpot show codec(s) are installed?

post-97-004683500 1334000512.jpg
cd
Spoiler

#14 dank69

dank69

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:32 PM

View PostDamo, on 22 April 2012 - 04:15 PM, said:

As a suggestion, if you have the divx player installed on your computer, you will probably get this issue.  I suggest you remove the divx player if you have it installed and see what happens.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users