• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Knightwrider

Knightwrider

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:45 PM

I'm  doing some home recording from a Samsung 8mm Camcorder with composite video output. I have noticed an intermittent flicker on the video recording. I first thought it was the video out from the camera but I hooked the same output up to a tv and no flicker was evident. Any thoughts. My setup is very simple. There is not much to tweak on the setup so I'm at a loss to explain the low quality results I'm getting..

#2 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,579 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:32 AM

Flickering with a good source would usually track down to the connections <_<

That is a lot of wires, make sure they are supported and not swinging in the wind :lol:

Also test it with a different source if you can... A DVD Player or camcorder would be a great test source!

Let us know what you find.
Posted Image

#3 Knightwrider

Knightwrider

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:15 PM

View PostJim_Hardin, on 12 April 2012 - 03:32 AM, said:

Flickering with a good source would usually track down to the connections <_<

That is a lot of wires, make sure they are supported and not swinging in the wind :lol:

Also test it with a different source if you can... A DVD Player or camcorder would be a great test source!

Let us know what you find.

I've tried other sources and connections but there is still flicker showing on the video from the Camcorder that doesn't show when the camercorder is connected to another output(i.e tv) there are no connections other than to the Roxio usb kit so I'm at a loss to explain the flicker and there doesn't seem to be any controls in the VHS to DVD app to make any changes... Any thoughts? advice?

#4 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,579 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:32 PM

View PostKnightwrider, on 13 April 2012 - 12:15 PM, said:

I've tried other sources and connections but there is still flicker showing on the video from the Camcorder that doesn't show when the camercorder is connected to another output(i.e tv) there are no connections other than to the Roxio usb kit so I'm at a loss to explain the flicker and there doesn't seem to be any controls in the VHS to DVD app to make any changes... Any thoughts? advice?
I don't understand what you just said :huh:

If you use Other Sources, then NO Flickering occurs?

Did you make sure the wires are stable?

If it is just the Camcorder, how about supplying the make and model. Also how you are hooked up from it.

Likewise your PC specs, like in my sig block, would be some help.

Try a pass-through... Connect the camcorder to a VCR then connect the VCR to the Roxio Video Capture USB device.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users