SYBINK

Roxio 2012 Pro Upgrade

Question

Hello,

First of all my I apologise for asking such an inane question, I feel a bit of a dork to be honest but... it's better to ask first rather than everything going "Pete Tong" so to speak, and you end up uninstalling everything and starting fro the start again. I just purchased Roxio Creator 2012 Pro Upgrade and was a little shocked on the size of the downloads 1.68GB for the initial installation and 961MB for the additional sftware installation, I shall get right to the questions.

QA: Roxio Creator 2012 and Roxio Creator 2012 Pro are SFX files (Self Extracting Files) they are also both Standalone installations which basically means I should be able to install Roxio Creator 2012 Pro Upgrade without any Roxio software installed.

QB: Roxio Creator 2012 Pro CD1 is the full installation and CD2 is additional software

QC: Content...? Do I need to install this as well after installing Roxio Creator 2012 Pro? I installed the one with my Creator 2012 and it didn't like it and the installation was not a sucess. In fact it went TU...? :)

Thanks in advance, really looking forwards to Roxio Creator 2012 Pro

Edited by SYBINK

4 answers to this question

You can run the SFX directly or extract it to a folder - either way works. Personally I'd recommend extracting to a folder anyway and use the contents of that to burn a DVD so you have a backup copy

Content is semi-optional. If you don't install it you will find that themes, menus, etc will be very limited. There are also extra bundled apps in it

Double check to make sure there are not three downloads.

Hello,

First of all my I apologise for asking such an inane question, I feel a bit of a dork to be honest but... it's better to ask first rather than everything going "Pete Tong" so to speak, and you end up uninstalling everything and starting fro the start again. I just purchased Roxio Creator 2012 Pro Upgrade and was a little shocked on the size of the downloads 1.68GB for the initial installation and 961MB for the additional sftware installation, I shall get right to the questions.

QA: Roxio Creator 2012 and Roxio Creator 2012 Pro are SFX files (Self Extracting Files) they are also both Standalone installations which basically means I should be able to install Roxio Creator 2012 Pro Upgrade without any Roxio software installed.

QB: Roxio Creator 2012 Pro CD1 is the full installation and CD2 is additional software

QC: Content...? Do I need to install this as well after installing Roxio Creator 2012 Pro? I installed the one with my Creator 2012 and it didn't like it and the installation was not a sucess. In fact it went TU...? :)

Thanks in advance, really looking forwards to Roxio Creator 2012 Pro

QB. Yes.

QC. No, only if you want the extra software/programs.

C2012 Pro Disc 2 contains no content only extra software and is the same size as your download.

post-97-075430300 1336829986.jpg

If that was a question, the answer is YES. Roxio's upgrades are original software at an upgrade price.

Brendon