In addition to the computer specifications, the drivers for items like your video card or chip and your audio card or chip should be updated periodically for best performance.
There are many people on these forums who can look at a computer spec or installed drivers and make a guess on how well your computer will perform. When you post a question and you have not included your computer information, that will be one of the first things asked.
If you are not sure about your computer, there are two quick ways of providing that information:
1) Go to Windows Start (depending on your Windows Version)
2) Type in dxdiag.exe. Windows will either find that program or run it.
3) Run it.
4) Wait until that program completes the scanning of your computer. (Green bar goes to the right)
5) Click on "Save all information"
6) The save window will open. Set the location for the file to be saved. Name it if you want.
7) The saved file will be a "Text File" with the extension of txt.
8) When you are ready to reply to the request for more information on your computer, just add that file to your post uisng the 'More Reply Options to the lower right of the reply box and then "Attach Files" option under the area where you are typing the return information. (More here -post 4)
9) Do not open the text file, copy the text and then add that to your post. It would simply make a very long post with no information other than the above.
Edited by sknis, 31 January 2013 - 02:51 PM.