11 replies to this topic

#1 DavidRenji

DavidRenji

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 08:23 AM

Hello everyone,

I want to know if I can use Roxio Easy VHS to DVD 3 Plus device like a WebCam. Because I want to stream a live video of my camcorder on my website.

Right now I use a device called "Easycap" but the quality is very poor.

I'll appreciate if someone could tell me if I can do what I want with this device.

Thanks!!!

#2 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,526 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 02:32 AM

How "live" do you want it?

Yes EVD3 can utilize your web cam but you would have to Start Recording and then Stop it to create the file...

Unless you have other software that allows you to pass through the "live video". In that case it could be the reduced window size that is giving you the problem, depends on how it works.
Posted Image

#3 DavidRenji

DavidRenji

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 10:15 AM

Thanks for your answer.

Well, I don't want to record the video, I just want to streaming it in real time. For example I use justin.tv to stream my show. I can stream using any webcam connected to my computer, but right now, the capture device I use, has a poor quality (this device acts as a webcam), then I want to use EVD3 as a webcam, so justin.tv can recognized and use it to streaming the video in real time.

Right now, I don't use any third software, just the control panel that justin.tv provides me.

BTW, I use a sony camcorder, which gives me a RCA video output. This signal is the one that I want to stream in real time.

Thanks for your help ^_^

Edited by DavidRenji, 29 May 2012 - 10:27 AM.

#4 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,875 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 10:28 AM

View PostDavidRenji, on 29 May 2012 - 10:15 AM, said:

Thanks for your answer.

Well, I don't want to record the video, I just want to streaming it in real time. For example I use justin.tv to stream my show. I can stream using any webcam connected to my computer, but right now, the capture device I use, has a poor quality (this device acts as a webcam), then I want to use EVD3 as a webcam, so justin.tv can recognized and use it to streaming the video in real time.

Right now, I don't use any third software, just the control panel that justin.tv provides me.

Thanks for your help ^_^

Perhaps there is a misunderstanding in what this program does.  It is designed to capture analog inputs from a VHS tape and convert it to digital to be burned to a DVD.  It can use a digital input.

You say you want to use it as a web cam; I don't undertand what you mean by that.  The device is an A/D converter which you would just be throwing away.  You would be only able to use part of the program.  There has to be a better way.

You may want to search for a different program or contact Roxio/Corel sales to get a recommendation.

Did your web cam come with some software?  What do you want ot capture other than via web cam?

Edited by sknis, 29 May 2012 - 10:44 AM.

PC  
Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin):  Windows 8.1 64 bit, I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#5 DavidRenji

DavidRenji

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 11:56 AM

Hi sknis,

Actually, I don't need a software, What I need is a device that can capture analog video (I use a sony camcorder, which gives me a RCA video output), and use this input source like a webcam, because justin.tv only recognize devices that work as a webcam. I don't know if EVD3 does that.

Thanks for your answer.

#6 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,875 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:44 PM

View PostDavidRenji, on 29 May 2012 - 11:56 AM, said:

Hi sknis,

Actually, I don't need a software, What I need is a device that can capture analog video (I use a sony camcorder, which gives me a RCA video output), and use this input source like a webcam, because justin.tv only recognize devices that work as a webcam. I don't know if EVD3 does that.

Thanks for your answer.

There are a great number of analog to digital devices that are cheaper than the entire VHS to DVD program (device and software).  The technology is the combination of the two.  You don't need that.  Get something else.  You can probably get a web cam for less than the A/D converter.  Why don't you use that.
PC  
Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin):  Windows 8.1 64 bit, I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#7 DavidRenji

DavidRenji

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 01:18 PM

Let me explain what do I have right now:

I have 3 analog cameras (sony camcorders). This cameras are connected to an individual input of a video switch device. This switch has one analog ouput, so I can decide which input signal is at the output signal.

Then, I connect the output signal from the switch, to a device called 'easycap'. This device is a usb A/D converter. My computer recognizes this device as a webcam, and I use it to stream a live show on justin.tv

This A/D device works fine, but the quality is very poor. It gives me a resolution of 320x240. So I need something similar, but with better quality (higher resolution).

Thanks.

#8 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,526 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:55 AM

Sounds like a TV Studio in your computer room :lol:

The EasyCap is very similar to the Roxio Video Capture USB so I do not know if your results would be different???

I also do not understand why you are getting limited (320 X 240) output from EasyCap? It should be higher, around 720 X 480 <_<

Are you sure there are not settings in Justin.tv that control the resolution of the live feed? (I don't have it so I can't really test that idea)

I want to try something but I do not have time at the moment... I'll post back later ;)
Posted Image

#9 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,526 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 06:19 AM

That did not work out, I have another capture card and wanted to see what resolution it would report but it does not recognize anything but its' own card... :(
Posted Image

#10 DavidRenji

DavidRenji

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:22 AM

Thanks for your help Jim_Hardin.

I don't think I can configure the resolution, because I've used another programs to stream the video, and the result is the same (poor quality).

I'm just looking for a solution for my quality problem. I've seen live shows with great quality, I just don't know what kind of hardware I need to have. So I was looking on the net, and I found EVD3 but I'm not sure if it would work as I expect :(

#11 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,526 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:59 AM

There must be a discussion group for JustinTV users somewhere???

I would work with them and see what they have done to overcome that problem!

If you do, please stop back and let us know, curious ^_^
Posted Image

#12 DavidRenji

DavidRenji

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:51 PM

ok, if I find out the solution, I'll let you know :)

Thanks!!!

Edited by DavidRenji, 30 May 2012 - 12:51 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users