Sevenomens

Problems With Getting Roxio Game Cap To Work - Ps3

Question

Hey there,

I just got my Roxio GameCap in the post and I'm having a little trouble with getting it to work. When I have everything connected, I am met with this:

QQJPa.png

This is the same screen with all other non-HDMI outputs on my PS3 ( so "Component/D-Terminal, "Composite / S Video" and "AV MULTI / SCART").

Looking at my device manager, I have found this:

Q0DVL.png

To save time:

Sony Official Component Cables > Roxio > Component to HDMI converter(Similar to Vaughn Whiskey's on his tutorial) > Monitor.

Specs are:

Intel Core Duo 2.0 Ghz

4GB DDR2 RAM

Internal 5400 RPM HDD

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

20 answers to this question

What is coprocessor?

It needs to look like this. Right click uninstall yours, unplug the USB device, reboot the PC, run repair from the disc when offered, reboot the PC. When your up and running open device manager and plugin the USB device do you see what I show?

post-97-0-75756500-1339283561_thumb.jpg

I have no idea what coprocessor is, It's been there since I've had my laptop. Will do the repair from disc.

Do a google search for "device manager other devices coprocessor". You will get lots of hits, perhaps something applies to you

Jguju.png

Just uninstalled, rebooted, repaired from disc, rebooted again and I have this?

With the USB device plugged into the PC you right clicked on the Roxio GameCap under other devices and clicked uninstall? Then removed the RGC USB Device and rebooted the PC. Ran the repair from the disc when offered and rebooted the PC? When the PC was up and running you opened device manager and plugged in the RGC USB Device?

With the USB device plugged into the PC you right clicked on the Roxio GameCap under other devices and clicked uninstall? Then removed the RGC USB Device and rebooted the PC. Ran the repair from the disc when offered and rebooted the PC? When the PC was up and running you opened device manager and plugged in the RGC USB Device?

I did just that, yes.

I did just that, yes.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled these drivers countless times!

Print this off and do it again EXACTLY as I say. This time

post-97-0-32642700-1339287913_thumb.png

Then remove the RGC USB Device and reboot the PC. When the PC is uo and running run the repair from the disc when offered and reboot the PC? When the PC is up and running open device manager and plugin the RGC USB Device?

Now what happened?

Nope, still the same. Whenever I plug in the Roxio, I get this:

Oda5B.png

What did the details say when you clicked on it 'Click Here For Details'?

What did the details say when you clicked on it 'Click Here For Details'?

It came up with a list of three things:

Two Roxio GameCaps and another Roxio thing I can't remember off the top of my head. One of the two GameCaps was installed and the other thing was as well, but the other Gamecap wasn't installed.

It came up with a list of three things:

Two Roxio GameCaps and another Roxio thing I can't remember off the top of my head. One of the two GameCaps was installed and the other thing was as well, but the other Gamecap wasn't installed.

The details might of helped! Might of pointed to a why.

Haha sorry!

This might be a long shot but the other devices coprocessor might be causing a problem.

I've read it is a common HP problem and might have something to do with the chip set driver?

Is your PC a HP laptop?

Did you install a retail OS on it as a upgrade?

List as many details as you can about your system?

This might be a long shot but the other devices coprocessor might be causing a problem.

I've read it is a common HP problem and might have something to do with the chip set driver?

Is your PC a HP laptop?

Did you install a retail OS on it as a upgrade?

List as many details as you can about your system?

Asus laptop, got it a couple of years ago. When I got it, it had Windows Vista Home 32 bit, but it was around the time some places were doing free Windows 7 upgrade, so I had that for a while. Then not long ago my laptop's OS died on me and it wouldn't install from disc and let me boot from USB either, so my friend fixed it and installed Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.

Also attached a CPU-Z .txt file if that's any help.

ADAM-LAPTOP.txt

Was it a retail W-7 or a OEM that belongs to him and a different PC?

Here is a article from HP on it.. http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c01409234&lang=en&cc=us&taskId=130&contentType=SupportFAQ&prodSeriesId=3369391&prodTypeId=321957&aoid=35252

Yours sounds similar and you have a nvidia chip set I read about having that problem too.

Chipset

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Northbridge NVIDIA ID0A83 rev. B1

Southbridge NVIDIA nForce 730i rev. B3

Was it a retail W-7 or a OEM that belongs to him and a different PC?

Here is a article from HP on it.. http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c01409234&lang=en&cc=us&taskId=130&contentType=SupportFAQ&prodSeriesId=3369391&prodTypeId=321957&aoid=35252

Yours sounds similar and you have a nvidia chip set I read about having that problem too.

Chipset

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Northbridge NVIDIA ID0A83 rev. B1

Southbridge NVIDIA nForce 730i rev. B3

Now downloading the latest nForce drivers for Windows 7 64 bit, and to answer an earlier question, my friend installed an OEM Windows 7 I believe.

Re: Windows 7 --His or did you /he pay for it?

Re: Windows 7 --His or did you /he pay for it?

He said it was a geniune copy he had lying around, but he used my upgrade key which apparently worked.. Also, whilst my coprocessor no longer appears I still have the same problem with "Device not successfully installed", I uninstalled, rebooted, repaired, rebooted etc and still the same thing. Going to uninstall everything and re-install everything again from disc and see if that works.

SEVENEDIT: Just completely uninstalled and re-installed with no luck. Still not working and I have no idea why :(

Edited by Sevenomens

Anyone else able to help me?

Try Tech Support:

United Kingdom:

44 2035 142 446