Roxio Community

What Is The Best Format To Convert To When Burning Video To Dvd?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jeffjaco1175

jeffjaco1175

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:22 AM

for best quality?

Thanks (-:

#2 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,374 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:20 AM

The format of a video DVD is MPEG 2. It is either NTSC or PAL depending on your location. When you add a video to the Toast Video window with DVD video selected as the format, Toast does the conversion as part of authoring the DVD. Is that the answer your question?
I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

#3 jeffjaco1175

jeffjaco1175

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:43 AM

I wish to cut out parts of a video, than burn the video to dvd, how do I do that?

#4 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,374 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 11:09 AM

View Postjeffjaco1175, on 13 June 2012 - 08:43 AM, said:

I wish to cut out parts of a video, than burn the video to dvd, how do I do that?
Toast has an editor that may be able to do that depending on the format of your source video. After adding the video to the Toast video window click the Edit button. I think you then need to click Edit again in the window that appears. This launches the Toast Video Player which also serves as an editor. You mark the in and out points where you want video to be excluded from the final DVD. If you don't see any editing option in the Toast Video Player then the format of your source video will need to be edited with something else.
I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users