Roxio Community

Photo

Runtime Error - Windows Vista - Files\roxioshared\9.0\sharedcom\roxwatchtray9.exe

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Las072002

Las072002

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:36 AM

Every time I turn on my computer, after some time it shows the following message:

Runtime Error!
Program: ... ommon FilesRoxioshared9.0sharedComRoxWatchTray9.exe
This application has requested the Runtime to term it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

Then I click Ok and a message says that no solution has been found.

Until that time the computer becomes very slow. After that, it even works normally. But before this procedure he does not respond to any command.

My Pc is a Dell, I already called there, made remotely clean, download the drives, but the problem persists.

I have Windows Vista 32 bit and the original McAffe. It can be a virus which is not detected by the antivirus? Also I have the Roxio Creator 9 Home, which already uninstalled and installed again.

I need your help to fix my PC.
Thank you so much.

Las

#2 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,390 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:58 AM

Simply turn it off from boot (msconfig -- boot) or from Media Manager. I don't have V9 on my computer but I think it would be the same. Yours probably says "stop " where my says "Start" Click on that.

That part of the application simply catalogs the files on your computer. It takes a long time to do so and slows down your computer. I'm sure you know where you store your files so you don't need that. If you forget, you can always use Windows to find the file you want.

Do you use Media Manager? It is a good way of transferring files from your portable device to your computer and vice versa.

Attached Images

• monitor.jpg

PC  Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin): Windows 1064 bit,  I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 8.1  Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4. I-7 third generation @2.4, 8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Laptop - Windows 10

Dell 13 inch convertible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users