No with a NTSC Region 1 DVD No. That is why put in The Bill Series 1 dvd [uSA release - Region 1 - NTSC] into my DVD burner and converted a copy of what I wanted in PAL using the AVS Video Converter 8. I will find out if a shop can do this. I want my music tapes on DVD and in PAL, there are places which will do that as my my Leo has had gotten some done. I rang up a company and they do it it, they will convert it to PAL and also put it in Region 0. All up it will be $70 including delivery, for me that is worth it. I have 5 NTSC VHS music tapes and I will get one VHS tape done every two months. Reason I want it in PAL is so I can put the music in video files on my computer. I will still use my Roxio VHS to DVD converters for my PAL stuff.

Right now I know why my NTSC VHS tapes didn't work, I have been told because those music tapes have a special copyright code that is why my VHS to DVD converter didn't read it. That is most likely why my Region 1 DVDs didn't work though the Roxio VHS to DVD converter. I will get that guy to do those tapes for me, meaning he can put them on DVD and in pal, he is a professional, I will have to sign forms to say I own the tapes which is no problem. The NTSC DVDs I can get around by using the AVS Video Converter. At least I know that now that they put a special code for copyright stuff in the USA. At least I now know it wasn't anything wrong with my Roxio product.

Edited by TheBillABCTV

Wow! I did not consider that the Music Folks have really been a pain in the --- we it comes to Copy Protection!!!

It is the legitimate users that suffer and the ones they are aiming at, keep right on going...

Hi,

The Roxio Easy VHS TO DVD 3 Plus device automatically detects whether one is recording from NTSC or PAL. The side panel on the packaging includes a bullet point stating 'Automatic NTSC/PAL detection'.

In practice my device worked immediately with NTSC, but needed some extra effort to get it to work with PAL. For the latter I ended up buying a SCART to component composite video connector.

Even with all three wires (Yellow, White and Red) connected, this worked on sound only, with no video. I then bought an S-Video cable. This worked with video only, but no sound. I ended up connecting both in parallel (The SCART-Composite Component Video Y/W/R and the SCART S-Video). With this arrangement I got both sound and video.

I do find that the device does not work consistently well. I have had to uninstall the software and reinstall it once, to get it to work, and still find that the input signal sometimes gets lost for a few second intervals. It is difficult to be sure whether this is due to the VCR or the Roxio equipment, but I suspect the latter.

Edited by Jim_Hardin
technical correction

The capture unit requires a good strong signal from the VCR it's capturing from. the software stops capturing when it detects, "no signal". These issues have been around since the software came out years ago.

The EVD units/software is VERY sensitive to tape noise and interrupts in the signal. It sees it as the End of Tape and stops.

Some users have reported using another Player (vcr/camcorder) as a pass through works but others couldn't get it to work.

Edited by ogdens

Topic is almost 4 years old :huh:A new Topic would be preferable -_-

S-Video NEVER carries audio. Its' Video is a little better than Composite but in every case you must supply Audio as well.

We have seen that a great number of SCART to Composite connectors do not actually have the RCA connections wired! But I think in that case neither audio and video would be present. Don't think anything was wrong with yours...

Keep in mind what ogdens outlined and make sure you a pulling the Composite signals from the VCR end of the connectors and not the TV end. (minimize line loss)

Keep us updated as to your experiences with this.