#21 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,456 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:44 AM

I still don't buy your story...

I think your problem is within your SCART adapter. If you read through here you will notice that every user that was using SCART and has had problems, resolved them by using a 'proper' adapter...

No one here has ever heard of Special device for PAL or NTSC and this thing has been out since 2008 :huh:

You would think that someone would have mentioned it in 4 years and it would specify the version in the Roxio Store ;)

#22 TheBillABCTV

TheBillABCTV

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:47 PM

I still don't buy your story...

I think your problem is within your SCART adapter. If you read through here you will notice that every user that was using SCART and has had problems, resolved them by using a 'proper' adapter...

No one here has ever heard of Special device for PAL or NTSC and this thing has been out since 2008 :huh:

You would think that someone would have mentioned it in 4 years and it would specify the version in the Roxio Store ;)

I messaged Roxio on Facebook saying [Roxio my product Roxio Easy VHS to DVD 3 Plus Converter has arrived and I registered the product as in Australia because I live in Australia. Now when i have the NTSC tape I can only hear the sound and it says no video signal. Everything is connected right. Please help me so I can record PAL and NTSC tapes? Now on my old version it didn't even play the sound when I played my NTSC tape. Now when my VCR is connected to my TV I can play NTSC and PAL tapes and I can see the Picture in Colour and hear the sound on my TV. So my VCR and Bluray player are fine so I will need to do something for it to work on my Roxio product please help me?]

I don't know what is a SCART adapter? Maybe it could be the USB cable? On my old Roxio Version when i put in the NTSC tape and my cords were connected to the Roxio Easy VHS to DVD Convereter it would say No Video Signal and I also couldn't hear the sound. With the new version I can hear the sound just i can't see the video. Hopefully Roxio will help me out. Maybe I need more software or maybe a setting needs to be changed. Hopefully Roxio can help me.

#23 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,456 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:28 AM

I listed links to 3 Scart Adapters in post #8... If you followed the links, there were pictures.

A Scart Connection should only be present on you VCR, DVD and TV. BD would not have one as only Component and HDMI connections can carry HD signals.

Your USB cable cannot work with one and not the other!

#24 TheBillABCTV

TheBillABCTV

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:10 AM

In Australia we don't have that. from my VCR/DVD and Bluray Players the yellow, red and white cords plug into my VCR/DVD and Bluray players the other end of those cords [Yellow, Red and white] plug into my TV or if I was using the Roxio USB cable into that, then the roxio USB cable would be put into the computer.

What I have done last night was put my The Bill Series 1 [USA release - Region 1 DVD] into the computer DVD player, then using AVS Video 8 Converter I transferred it onto DVD [Good quality PAL] meaning I burnt it onto Blank DVD from NTSC to PAL. Once I finished doing that, I connected my bluray player to roxio, I inserted the copied DVD in the Bluray player [that was the DVD Disc that I I made PAL] I was able to record what I wanted. So this is what I can do if I want my DVDs onto the computer which were NTSC I transfer them into PAL on DVD then put them onto the computer in video files.

For my [NTSC] VHS tapes I may need to pay someone to transfer them first onto DVD and also into PAL format for me. Then I can have my music videos on DVD and transferred into the PAL format hopefully they will do it in Stereo. It may cost me a bit to do each VHS tape, but if that is the only way then I will just have to pay someone to do that for me.

That way I use my Roxio device for [PAL] VHS tapes and [PAL] DVDs to put them on video files on my computer.

#25 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,963 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:24 AM

In Australia we don't have that. from my VCR/DVD and Bluray Players the yellow, red and white cords plug into my VCR/DVD and Bluray players the other end of those cords [Yellow, Red and white] plug into my TV or if I was using the Roxio USB cable into that, then the roxio USB cable would be put into the computer.

What I have done last night was put my The Bill Series 1 [USA release - Region 1 DVD] into the computer DVD player, then using AVS Video 8 Converter I transferred it onto DVD [Good quality PAL] meaning I burnt it onto Blank DVD from NTSC to PAL. Once I finished doing that, I connected my bluray player to roxio, I inserted the copied DVD in the Bluray player [that was the DVD Disc that I I made PAL] I was able to record what I wanted. So this is what I can do if I want my DVDs onto the computer which were NTSC I transfer them into PAL on DVD then put them onto the computer in video files.

For my [NTSC] VHS tapes I may need to pay someone to transfer them first onto DVD and also into PAL format for me. Then I can have my music videos on DVD and transferred into the PAL format hopefully they will do it in Stereo. It may cost me a bit to do each VHS tape, but if that is the only way then I will just have to pay someone to do that for me.

That way I use my Roxio device for [PAL] VHS tapes and [PAL] DVDs to put them on video files on my computer.

Can't you use the AVS converter to go directly to your computer instead of burning to DVD?

Commercial shops may not be willingly to transfer commercial, protected tapes to DVD since that may well be illegal.

Edited by myguggi, 19 November 2012 - 10:30 AM.

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition SP3; IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
IntelŪ 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

#26 TheBillABCTV

TheBillABCTV

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:21 PM

No with a NTSC Region 1 DVD No. That is why put in The Bill Series 1 dvd [USA release - Region 1 - NTSC] into my DVD burner and converted a copy of what I wanted in PAL using the AVS Video Converter 8. I will find out if a shop can do this. I want my music tapes on DVD and in PAL, there are places which will do that as my my Leo has had gotten some done. I rang up a company and they do it it, they will convert it to PAL and also put it in Region 0. All up it will be $70 including delivery, for me that is worth it. I have 5 NTSC VHS music tapes and I will get one VHS tape done every two months. Reason I want it in PAL is so I can put the music in video files on my computer. I will still use my Roxio VHS to DVD converters for my PAL stuff.

#27 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,456 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:51 PM

I don't know what to tell you...

You could try contacting Roxio Support using the Tab at the top.

#28 TheBillABCTV

TheBillABCTV

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:18 PM

OK thank you I will try.

I don't know what to tell you...

You could try contacting Roxio Support using the Tab at the top.

#29 TheBillABCTV

TheBillABCTV

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:31 PM

Right now I know why my NTSC VHS tapes didn't work, I have been told because those music tapes have a special copyright code that is why my VHS to DVD converter didn't read it. That is most likely why my Region 1 DVDs didn't work though the Roxio VHS to DVD converter. I will get that guy to do those tapes for me, meaning he can put them on DVD and in pal, he is a professional, I will have to sign forms to say I own the tapes which is no problem. The NTSC DVDs I can get around by using the AVS Video Converter. At least I know that now that they put a special code for copyright stuff in the USA. At least I now know it wasn't anything wrong with my Roxio product.

Edited by TheBillABCTV, 26 November 2012 - 05:59 PM.

#30 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,456 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:06 AM

Wow! I did not consider that the Music Folks have really been a pain in the --- we it comes to Copy Protection!!!

It is the legitimate users that suffer and the ones they are aiming at, keep right on going...

#31 AB23

AB23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 12:32 PM

Hi,

The Roxio Easy VHS TO DVD 3 Plus device automatically detects whether one is recording from NTSC or PAL. The side panel on the packaging includes a bullet point stating 'Automatic NTSC/PAL detection'.

In practice my device worked immediately with NTSC, but needed some extra effort to get it to work with PAL. For the latter I ended up buying a SCART to component composite video connector.

Even with all three wires (Yellow, White and Red) connected, this worked on sound only, with no video. I then bought an S-Video cable. This worked with video only, but no sound. I ended up connecting both in parallel (The SCART-Composite Component Video Y/W/R and the SCART S-Video). With this arrangement I got both sound and video.

I do find that the device does not work consistently well. I have had to uninstall the software and reinstall it once, to get it to work, and still find that the input signal sometimes gets lost for a few second intervals. It is difficult to be sure whether this is due to the VCR or the Roxio equipment, but I suspect the latter.   

Edited by Jim_Hardin, 03 July 2016 - 05:42 AM.
technical correction

#32 ogdens

ogdens

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,032 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 03:54 PM

The capture unit  requires a good strong signal from the VCR it's capturing from.  the software stops capturing when it detects, "no signal". These issues have been around since the software came out years ago.

The  EVD units/software is VERY sensitive to tape noise and interrupts in the signal. It sees it as the End of Tape and stops.

Some users have reported using another Player (vcr/camcorder) as a pass through works but others couldn't get it to work.

Edited by ogdens, 02 July 2016 - 04:00 PM.

#33 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,456 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 05:41 AM

Topic is almost 4 years old :huh:  A new Topic would be preferable -_-

S-Video NEVER carries audio. Its' Video is a little better than Composite but in every case you must supply Audio as well.

We have seen that a great number of SCART to Composite connectors do not actually have the RCA connections wired! But I think in that case neither audio and video would be present. Don't think anything was wrong with yours...

Keep in mind what ogdens outlined and make sure you a pulling the Composite signals from the VCR end of the connectors and not the TV end. (minimize line loss)

Keep us updated as to your experiences with this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users