JeffTR

Blu-Ray Plug-In - Included In Creator 2012 Pro But Not Installed

Question

I have bought Creator 2012 Pro and it is advertised as including the blu-ray plug-in. However, the option to write to blu-ray disks is not available in mydvd. I presume there is more to do to get the plug-in and install it. I can only see the option to buy it from them website. Can someone tell me how I get and install it please?

108 answers to this question

I have bought Creator 2012 Pro and it is advertised as including the blu-ray plug-in. However, the option to write to blu-ray disks is not available in mydvd. I presume there is more to do to get the plug-in and install it. I can only see the option to buy it from them website. Can someone tell me how I get and install it please?

Your version of Creator 2012 Pro doesn't have what I show below?

post-97-0-88388500-1342268990_thumb.jpg

post-97-0-77964000-1342268989_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the screen shots. When I get to the last screen that you show, the blu-ray button is in lighter type and does nothing when I try to select it - that is, it is unavailable. I take this to mean that the plug-in is not installed but I guess it might be and something else is wrong. By the way, I do have a blu-ray writer attached to my system - the software was installed from it.

Thanks for the screen shots. When I get to the last screen that you show, the blu-ray button is in lighter type and does nothing when I try to select it - that is, it is unavailable. I take this to mean that the plug-in is not installed but I guess it might be and something else is wrong. By the way, I do have a blu-ray writer attached to my system - the software was installed from it.

Reboot your PC, close / shutdown all running programs including antivirus/firewall, put the installation disc back in that drive and choose repair when it's offered.

When finished reboot the PC and see if your installation is fixed?

Edited by cdanteek

Does Windows recognize you blu-ray burner as a blu-ray burner?

post-58-0-48537500-1342280167_thumb.png

I tried the repair approach and it hasn't worked.

Windows does recognise the drive and if I choose the creator software option to write data to disk, it does recognise the drive and that there is a BD-RE disk with 22Gb of space. It seems to be only the writing of video content to blu-ray that is unavailable which makes me think the plug-in is missing or not working.

Is there some simple check I can make to see if the plug-in is installed or not? Like a list of installed plug-ins or the like?

Thanks

Jeff

WHEN did you do the Repair the last time???

Some posting of Screen caps would sure go a long way to help here... Main Suite Interface and MyDVD - Help About screen.

Picture posting tips info is HERE.

Too often, suggestions are made to do one thing whereas a poster will do something different and then assure everyone that it doesn't work ;)

I tried the repair approach and it hasn't worked.

Windows does recognise the drive and if I choose the creator software option to write data to disk, it does recognise the drive and that there is a BD-RE disk with 22Gb of space. It seems to be only the writing of video content to blu-ray that is unavailable which makes me think the plug-in is missing or not working.

Is there some simple check I can make to see if the plug-in is installed or not? Like a list of installed plug-ins or the like?

Thanks

Jeff

Does it work from this menu?

post-97-0-37227200-1342291337_thumb.jpg

Hi

Thanks for your suggestions and comments. The drive is recognised as the correct machine - it is a Lite-on EHBU212 external blu-ray writer ... here is a snap of how it is shown:

It is USB 3.0 attached to a laptop which has an internal DVD writer, as you can see.

I note that the Windows 7 driver is the one from Windows itself, which a generic windows cd-rom driver. There is no updated driver with the drive and no driver available from the Lite-on website. As I noted before, the drive operates fine using creator writing data files to blu-ray disks, it's just the writing of video that is an issue.

Do you think the windows driver could be fooling the creator software to think there is no blu-ray drive available so doesn't install the plug-in?

The new project menu appears as above, but without the blu-ray options which is consistent with the unavailability of the drive icon.

NO, the software Suite could care less if you have a BD Burner on not... There is no reason why you need a BD Burner to create a BD Project! You could only want to output it to an ISO file, Mount and Play it from there ;)

I was Really Hoping to see a screen cap of your Suite & MyDVD:

post-39730-0-24750000-1342467608_thumb.jpg

And it would be nice to see one from Help - About:

post-39730-0-21378200-1342467844_thumb.jpg

Of course don't let the Serial Numbers show :huh:

Edited by Jim_Hardin

Download or disc?

Have you uninstalled following this?

Complete uninstall instructions for Creator 2011/2012 #11 in my signature?

http://corel.force.c...kA060000000L3dk

Shutdown all running programs especially antivirus/firewall software before installing..

I have EXACTLY the same problem. The Blu-ray option in the create disk startup was always slightly faded, unavailable to click. I thought it was becasue I only had a BD Reader. Now I have installed a BD burner and I still cannot write to a BD disc, just as described by JeffTR. BD drive is correclty identified in Windows (7).

Has a solution been found? Is the plug-in installed or not. Mine was a DVD version purchased online - perhaps I should ahve got the download?

My details in the picture.

post-97-0-44075700-1342728404_thumb.jpg

Edit to remove posted CD Key!

Edited by cdanteek

Bit more infor - previously I had burnt some backup Blu-ray iso images of movies, using other software. If I use Roxio to burn a BD image, it sees the drive perfectly OK. I haven't actually burnt one - don't want to waste an expensive BD disc, but looks like it would do it.

post-104734-0-26090900-1342728371_thumb.jpg

Andy, where did you get that ISO file? How do you know it is not corrupted or even DRM protected? I don't know if you would get the DRM protection message if you were workign with an ISO. You would certainly have received it if you were trying to copy a disc.

The iso file is not relavant or important, the point is that the Roxio software is recognising the BD drive for that particular function - so why won't it when I use My DVD to create a BD disc? I can't even create a BD iso. I'm begnning to regret buying the sw, I only get about 50% succes rate when burning HD files (from AVCHD) to DVD, that's partly why I bought the BD burner so I could use BD rather than DVD.

Best Answer was cd's suggestion in Post #13... follow it!

Lets' not get distracted over Copy & DRM issues, these guys have a MyDVD BD Project issue that needs to be resolved :huh:

I have EXACTLY the same problem. The Blu-ray option in the create disk startup was always slightly faded, unavailable to click. I thought it was becasue I only had a BD Reader. Now I have installed a BD burner and I still cannot write to a BD disc, just as described by JeffTR. BD drive is correclty identified in Windows (7).

Has a solution been found? Is the plug-in installed or not. Mine was a DVD version purchased online - perhaps I should ahve got the download?

My details in the picture.

post-97-0-44075700-1342728404_thumb.jpg

Edit to removed posted CD Key!

Oops

Best Answer was cd's suggestion in Post #13... follow it!

Lets' not get distracted over Copy & DRM issues, these guys have a MyDVD BD Project issue that needs to be resolved :huh:

I was merely enquiring if it had worked for Jeff.

I'll try the suggested fix this weekend and will post results for the benefit of others who may get the same problem.

I was merely enquiring if it had worked for Jeff.

IF it works for Andy wouldn't that be good enough :lol:

I'll try the suggested fix this weekend and will post results for the benefit of others who may get the same problem.

Good! So far in 11+ months, you 2 are the only ones to bring this up :wacko:

It is a curious problem and several of us are following along and anxious to see a successful outcome for both of you ;)

Have just done uninstall, clean-up and re-install as per instructions and sorry to report problem still exists, no different. :(

Edited by Andy C

Have just done uninstall, clean-up and re-install as per instructions and sorry to report problem still exists, no different. :(

Run this update (MSXML 4.0 Service Pack 3 (Microsoft XML Core Services) then uninstall, clean-up and re-install as per instructions.