riverrats45

Best Output For Dvd Burn

Question

I have made several attempts to get a HQ DVD. I've rendered a 7 minute piece to both HQ Mpeg and HQ Wmv files. Neither burn a HQ video to DVD. The Mpeg is about 1.6 gigs. Looks great playing the file straight up from the computer...but is fuzzy and jumpy after rendering to DVD. I used Roxio's DVD maker to burn the DVD. Is my problem the output or the way I'm putting it on DVD?

Thanks in advance!

6 answers to this question

I have made several attempts to get a HQ DVD. I've rendered a 7 minute piece to both HQ Mpeg and HQ Wmv files. Neither burn a HQ video to DVD. The Mpeg is about 1.6 gigs. Looks great playing the file straight up from the computer...but is fuzzy and jumpy after rendering to DVD. I used Roxio's DVD maker to burn the DVD. Is my problem the output or the way I'm putting it on DVD?

Thanks in advance!

Why are you rendering to wmv if you want to create a DVD? The format for standard DVD is mpeg. If using HQ setting then the 7 minute video should be about 500Mb in size not 1.6Gb.

Perhaps some more details on your process might help. How did you render to HQ mpeg? What is the source?

Walt...thanks for your response! The source is a sequence of high res still images (jpg) edited in Videowave. I rendered it to HD DVD HQ (NTSC) to my harddrive, then used Roxio's Create DVDs to bring it to the DVD. I see now that there is another option - MPEG 2 for DVD Best Quality...I suppose that's what I should have used.

Walt...thanks for your response! The source is a sequence of high res still images (jpg) edited in Videowave. I rendered it to HD DVD HQ (NTSC) to my harddrive, then used Roxio's Create DVDs to bring it to the DVD. I see now that there is another option - MPEG 2 for DVD Best Quality...I suppose that's what I should have used.

Big difference!

Where are you going to view them and on what player?

post-97-0-47596200-1342902362_thumb.jpg post-97-0-29335800-1342902363_thumb.jpg

Probably a standard DVD player output to big screen.

Standard DVD player would be SD the bottom pic..