DianaFrance

Rstidle.exe Hogging The Hard Drive

Question

BackonTrack was pre-installed on my Compaq Netbook. I only found this out when my machine got a Malware problem and I recovered to an earlier backup very easily. Impressed, I downloaded the prog and installed it on my spouse's laptop. (Used to using Ghost at work, Roxio product much easier to use.)

Over a year later, the netbook started slowing down. Task Manager tells me 50% CPU usage relates to RstIdle.exe and regedit only shows one instance of this program, within BackOnTrack.

Details of my version as folows:Roxio BackOnTrack

Serial Number:

Copyright: Sonic Solutions 2007

Module Name: Roxio Core

Version: 1.3.0

Build: 130B71A, HPN

Module Name: Disaster Recovery

Version: 1.3.0

Build: 130B72C, HPN

Module Name: Instant Restore

Version: 3.8.0

Build: 380B56A, HPI

Looks like BackOnTrack waits for things to go quiet and then starts preparing details of backup image. Trouble is it doesn't stop working when I start using the machineafter a pause.

Does anyone know how to tweak BackOnTrack to go back to sleep when I get back to work on my netbook?

P.S. What a shambles to find support via Corel, and how un-user-friendly they are towards people who forked out for products Corel subsequently bought!! No doubt they want me to buy a new product instead, but I'm quite happy with what I've got, thanks.

Edited by cdanteek
Remove CD Key! Never post a CD-Key / Serial # on a public forum!

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet