Question

When I launch toast the upgrade software pup up and ask me if I want to upgrade ( I have Toast 11.04 for mac) offers me 11.1 but when I satrt the upgrade install and re launch tells me Upgrade fail because I don't have enough privilege to install the software. I went to Roxio web page to find the upgrade there but only offer 11.0.4 and if you go to Upgrade hsitory don't mention 11.1

Any help

post-106087-0-82118600-1346458366_thumb.png

49 answers to this question

I also have found this same serious foul-up with updating 2 Mac's this morning one Snow Leopard and one Mountain Lion installation.

Both required my re-installing 11.0.4 & HD/BD plug-ins to restore urgent operation.

There are No -Updates available on the Australian Site and there have never been any 11.0.5 & 11.0.6 updates available on the USA Site at any time in the last 18mths approx, of checking on-line.

All our working installations have reported "No Updates Available, You have the Latest Version" until today ???

It would be helpful if Roxio would Please Explain ASAP and advise ALL Registered Owners of the Availability of the Listed Version Updates that have never been accessible and Still are not !!!

This Stuff-Up requires Urgent Attention.

It's cost me about 4Hours so far !!! Not Impressed with our Long Preferred Recording Application (About 15 Years)

Guest ivanatrox

Hi

We left 11.0.4 as the latest download on the Software Update page because there was a 99% burning issue for some users in 11.0.6 and that issue does not happen in 11.0.4. Users with 11.0.4 is free to update to 11.0.6 through in app update.

We just pushed live in app update for 11.1 last night and will release a stand alone installer for 11.1 on our Software Update page in the coming week.

Thanks

Ivan

When I received the update notification I followed the instruction until it came up with Please select the additional software to install. I cound not finish the installation when I checked Toast it and Mount it Or did not check the two. The finish button remains dimmed. The only way out is to quit which leaves me in limbo with a new installation that I cannot use. What do I do now. I an running Lion.

Thanks

bill h

downgrade your toast.

some say to downgrade to 11.0.4.

i downgraded to 11.0.6 but also installed 10.0.9.

Edited by tywebb13

When I received the update notification I followed the instruction until it came up with Please select the additional software to install. I cound not finish the installation when I checked Toast it and Mount it Or did not check the two. The finish button remains dimmed. The only way out is to quit which leaves me in limbo with a new installation that I cannot use. What do I do now. I an running Lion.

Thanks

bill h

Is this the window that has your ID? If so, click Skip and the installation completes.

There is no skip button. There is a choice of back next or quit. All of which leave the setup incomplete and not useable.

Most users will need to use Solution 2 listed below until we can fix this on our side...

Solution 1 (Works for some users but definitely not all):

1. Quit the Toast.app Setup Assistant

2. Hold the CTRL key down on your keyboard or right-click on the Toast Titanium icon and select open

3. Proceed through the Setup Assistant as normal

Solution 2:

2. In Finder, click the pulldown GO menu and click GO TO FOLDER (or press SHIFT+COMMAND+G)

3. In the Go To Folder window, type (or paste) in: ~/Library/Preferences

4. Locate the "com.roxio.toast.plist" file and delete or move to the Trash

5. Close the window and launch Toast Titanium again

6. Proceed through the Setup Assistant as normal

• Like 6

oh no way you are a genius. this totally works and the finish button is not grayed out anymore. very cool. thanks so much. yet when i sent an email to corel/roxio they sent me an email back saying yes they are aware of the problem and they are trying to fix it but they cannot offer a solution to this problem. they said alot of customers are experiencing this situation.

I think i found the problem..... I have an SSD as my boot drive and a regular hard drive as my "user"drive.

When i tried to upgrade it fails, and both solutions offered also failed.

When I try to go to ~/Library/Preferences it fails as not found.

My root drive is /Macintosh HD

My user directory is /Macintosh TBHD/Users

so it would appear that the way you are getting the .plist file is the problem.

I am running 11.0.6 under Lion on a 64-bit Intel. When the software went to update it downloaded and when it tried to install, I got a warning that the 11.1 package did not have a valid certificate. When I checked who "signed it" it was allegedly some subdomain of apple.com and they were not supposed to be a valid signing authority. Anyone else get this?

Oh, I aborted the installation process. Code signature was invalid to the known signing authorities of 10.7.4 (Lion) and Apple did not have any software updates.

• Like 1

Most users will need to use Solution 2 listed below until we can fix this on our side...

Solution 2:

2. In Finder, click the pulldown GO menu and click GO TO FOLDER (or press SHIFT+COMMAND+G)

Thanks! I only tried solution 2 and it worked for me. The next button was not greyed out any more and I could finish the instalölation process. Thanks for your help.

I am running 11.0.6 under Lion on a 64-bit Intel. When the software went to update it downloaded and when it tried to install, I got a warning that the 11.1 package did not have a valid certificate. When I checked who "signed it" it was allegedly some subdomain of apple.com and they were not supposed to be a valid signing authority. Anyone else get this?

Oh, I aborted the installation process. Code signature was invalid to the known signing authorities of 10.7.4 (Lion) and Apple did not have any software updates.

I also experienced this! I'm going to cancel and attempt a manual download instead of the in app download.

Solution 2 worked for me too. Had exactly the same problem: first installer says certificate not valid, then "finish" button was greyed out.

2. Hold the CTRL key down on your keyboard or right-click on the Toast Titanium icon and select open

Solution 2:

Solution 2 worked like a charm!! Thanks!

This solution from Patatrox Should be pin down at the top of this forum because it is working very well.

Solution 2 is probably the best option for most of us and i suggest all to go directly to it and forget solution 1.

Press Option Key and at the same time select Go in the menu bar to see Library in Mountain Lion in any version.

Solution 2:

• Like 1

Hi! None of the solutions shared worked for me until I added one more step to Solution 2 as described in step 4a below. Once I deleted both pref files, the "Finish" button became active and I was able to complete the upgrade. Thanks to everyone's suggestions! I would have never figured this out without your tips and possible solutions.

Solution 2:

4a. Locate the "Roxio Toast Prefs"file and delete or move to the Trash

"I am running 11.0.6 under Lion on a 64-bit Intel. When the software went to update it downloaded and when it tried to install, I got a warning that the 11.1 package did not have a valid certificate. When I checked who "signed it" it was allegedly some subdomain of apple.com and they were not supposed to be a valid signing authority. Anyone else get this?

I have the same problem but I run 11.0.4 Here I what I got

post-106087-0-30729200-1346606062_thumb.png

post-106087-0-83388100-1346606068_thumb.png

post-106087-0-31378800-1346606075_thumb.png

post-106087-0-65091700-1346606080_thumb.png

"...Hundreds of fixes and changes..." 11.1 is still broken - I am unable to save bin/cue files now. Bogus message stating that you cannot use a .bin extension and must use .toast or both then fails no matter what you do. I will have to return to my original Toast Pro until I find something better.

Looks like a replacement for Roxio's products is warranted. I have no faith in this company any longer.