33 replies to this topic

#1 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,533 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 04:50 AM

I have tested my NXT install with the two different Devices that Roxio has sold and both appear to work OK with NXT!

Of course My NXT was installed over a Creator 2012 instillation which may have provided the proper drivers for the older device...

The 2 different devices look like this:

Attached File  Old and New.jpg   193.1K   15 downloads

(note the new one has an attached extension for the USB plug)

Here you can see that they invoke different drivers which must be installed by Roxio!!! (Windows will not install the correct drivers :huh: )

Attached File  USB Capture Device - NEW.jpg   96.17K   23 downloads

Attached File  USB Capture Device - OLD.jpg   95.73K   10 downloads

If anyone has any problems please post them and we will try to get you up and running!
Posted Image

#2 vince17

vince17

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:45 AM

I get to the stage of the above picture, but when I click on Roxio Video capture usb my whole ststem crashes. I have tried repairing the installation to no avail. Do you have any ideas?

#3 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,748 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:57 AM

View Postvince17, on 13 November 2012 - 05:45 AM, said:

I get to the stage of the above picture, but when I click on Roxio Video capture usb my whole ststem crashes. I have tried repairing the installation to no avail. Do you have any ideas?

What software version are you using?

What USB Device are you using and where did it come from?

What operating system are you running?

I have tested my NXT install with the two different Devices that Roxio has sold and both appear to work OK with NXT!

Of course My NXT was installed over a Creator 2012 instillation which may have provided the proper drivers for the older device...

Attached File  j.jpg   82.15K   12 downloads

Edited by cdanteek, 13 November 2012 - 07:03 AM.

cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  

#4 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,533 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:21 PM

cd is right, that is info we need ;)

Also, if your whole software suite is crashing, it most likely has nothing to do with the Capture USB Device...
Posted Image

#5 vince17

vince17

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:48 AM

Iam using the new Roxio video capture usb, running on windows 7 and using creator nxt pro.

#6 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,748 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:59 AM

View Postvince17, on 13 November 2012 - 05:45 AM, said:

I think you have other system problems.

Look for that event system crash in the system log. What does it say?

Attached File  s.jpg   94.06K   3 downloads
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

#7 Zrackster

Zrackster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:58 AM

Thanks for taking the time and offering your advice. Good job!

Before Christmas, my computer crashed and I picked up a new one with Window 8 ( -resists temption to bang head against wall for making the collosal mistake of going with Windows 8). I purchased Roxio Creator NXT Pro and was pleased to see it worked on Windows 8. I was quite surprised when I found that my older model Roxio USB Video Capture device installed without a hitch. Two questions:

1) Does the newer version of the Video Capture device produce a better result?

2) I am trying to capture from old VHS tapes. The quality is rather poor. There doesn't seem to be any optimiztion algorithms. Are there guides available for manually tweeking the capture characteristics or is this largely trial and error?

Thanks!

#8 grandpabruce

grandpabruce

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,613 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:25 PM

View PostZrackster, on 05 January 2013 - 10:58 AM, said:

Thanks for taking the time and offering your advice. Good job!

Before Christmas, my computer crashed and I picked up a new one with Window 8 ( -resists temption to bang head against wall for making the collosal mistake of going with Windows 8). I purchased Roxio Creator NXT Pro and was pleased to see it worked on Windows 8. I was quite surprised when I found that my older model Roxio USB Video Capture device installed without a hitch. Two questions:

1) Does the newer version of the Video Capture device produce a better result?

2) I am trying to capture from old VHS tapes. The quality is rather poor. There doesn't seem to be any optimiztion algorithms. Are there guides available for manually tweeking the capture characteristics or is this largely trial and error?

Thanks!

Bad in equals bad out.  VHS was poor quality to begin with, and you won't be able to improve it with any software that I know of.
Life is good!
GrandpaBruce
Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971

Main System:
ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard; Cooler Master ATCS 840 Case
Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor
CORSAIR DOMINATOR 3GB (3 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866
PLEXTOR Black DVD Burner, Model PX-880SA; Pioneer Black 8X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R Burner
EVGA GEFORCE GTX 670 2GB Video Card
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series Sound Card
Windows XP Pro w/SP3

Backup Computer:
ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe
Windows 7 Pro w/SP1

#9 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,748 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:56 PM

I picked up a new one with Window 8 ( -resists temption to bang head against wall for making the collosal mistake of going with Windows 8).

Go to the link below and buy Start8 for $5.00 makes W-8 more like W-7...

http://www.stardock....roducts/start8/
cd
Spoiler

#10 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,533 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:27 AM

View Postgrandpabruce, on 05 January 2013 - 03:25 PM, said:

Bad in equals bad out.  VHS was poor quality to begin with, and you won't be able to improve it with any software that I know of.
That's the way it is, all that Hollywood Magic you see is just Hollywood BS ;)
Posted Image

#11 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,748 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:03 AM

The tapes were originally shot on film removing the grain using digital noise reduction would also remove much of the fine detail..
cd
Spoiler

#12 javajava

javajava

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:02 AM

Hello !

I bought a "Roxio video capture USB (NEW) HU31192-E" (see attach) according to the invoice (Order ID : 16112991945 / Order Date : January 3, 2013) delivered without driver.

I therefore downloaded the Roxio driver from http://www.roxio.fr/...e/overview.html  to my Dell XPS L501X running under "Windows 7".

I connected the (NEW) "Roxio video capture USB" to my PC.
Less than one minute after starting my "Roxio  Creator NXT", it  aborted crashing the PC with the blue screen.
!! I guess the Roxio driver I downloaded is not for the (NEW) version of the "Roxio video capture USB"!!

Thank you in advance to ROXIO or anyone to provide me with the (NEW) driver.

Remark: the actual Roxio driver is probably for the (OLD) device version because the (NEW) device I received from Roxio does not match the picture of the (OLD) one shown on http://www.roxio.fr/...e/overview.html .

The (NEW) device is in one piece from the output USB connector to the input audio and video connectors and thr (OLD) one is not.

However, I had the chance to test with an (OLD) "Roxio video capture USB" UB315-E ver3 (see attach) on loan from a friend.

The (OLD) "Roxio video capture USB" on loan from my friend was working on my PC with my "Roxio Creator NXT".

Since there is no path on http://corel.force.c...Product?lang=en   to get help for the resolution of the problem above, Roxio should be kind enough to :

1) update on http://www.roxio.fr/...e/overview.html  the picture and the driver for the  "Roxio video capture USB (NEW) HU31192-E" actually on sale and shipped to customer and
2) Inform and help directly the actual customers in troubles with the HU31192-E on how to obtain the (NEW) driver.

Attached Files

#13 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,533 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:13 AM

The is no driver available, it comes within the software...

What software are you using with them?
Posted Image

#14 Edward Bolt

Edward Bolt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:28 PM

I purchased a roxio video capture device from the Roxio site for 49.95 and recieved the old style according to the picture I see. My issue is that when I use the device with my NXT Pro on my laptop I have no issues. When I use it at my churches computer that also has NXT Pro installed, I get this message when trying to capture the video signal by selecting Capture on the home screen:  It says Device failed. The Roxio Video capture device is stated that it is available, however, at the video signal, I get a message saying the device is disconnected. I have completely uninstalled and reinstalled all of my Roxio products and I still get this same message. Does anyone know how to fix this so that I can use the device?  Both computers are using windows 7 x64 - Ed bolt

Edited by Edward Bolt, 06 March 2013 - 04:29 PM.

#15 ogdens

ogdens

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,277 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:57 PM

Look at Post 1 and look at the second picture.......this shows the 2 Roxio units in the Device Manager, one for the old version and one for the new version.

Open up your Device manager on your computer and see what yours has (make note of this info) also (the Roxio USB has to be plugged in).

Then go to the church computer and do the same thing. Get back on here with the info.

#16 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,533 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:27 AM

View PostEdward Bolt, on 06 March 2013 - 04:28 PM, said:

I purchased a roxio video capture device from the Roxio site for 49.95 and recieved the old style according to the picture I see. My issue is that when I use the device with my NXT Pro on my laptop I have no issues. When I use it at my churches computer that also has NXT Pro installed, I get this message when trying to capture the video signal by selecting Capture on the home screen:  It says Device failed. The Roxio Video capture device is stated that it is available, however, at the video signal, I get a message saying the device is disconnected. I have completely uninstalled and reinstalled all of my Roxio products and I still get this same message. Does anyone know how to fix this so that I can use the device?  Both computers are using windows 7 x64 - Ed bolt

View Postogdens, on 06 March 2013 - 04:57 PM, said:

Look at Post 1 and look at the second picture.......this shows the 2 Roxio units in the Device Manager, one for the old version and one for the new version.

Open up your Device manager on your computer and see what yours has (make note of this info) also (the Roxio USB has to be plugged in).

Then go to the church computer and do the same thing. Get back on here with the info.

Might be able to shorcut this a bit...

If the Church PC does not have the drivers like you Home PC does, Delete the ones it does have - remove the device - and reinstall/repair the NXT there...

Should work after a reboot ;)
Posted Image

#17 yowser

yowser

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 04:18 PM

A friend lent me his Roxio Video Capture USB hardware, which I think he's never used. Based on this thread, I believe it's the "old style". (Matches picture at http://www.roxio.com...e/overview.html ).

He doesn't remember if it came with software. The page I cited above says,
Minimum System Requirements:
  • Only compatible with Roxio Creator™ 2010, Roxio Creator™ 2010 Pro, Roxio Creator™ 2011 and Roxio Creator™ 2011 Pro, Roxio Creator™ 2012, Roxio Creator™ 2012 Pro, Creator NXT and Creator NXT Pro
which is fair enough, I can buy a copy of Creator NXT if necessary (though the reviews aren't great on Amazon). But then it appears this hardware was also sold as part of "Easy VHS to DVD" or whatever it is. Did that bundle include Creator, or some other software?

I'm wondering if there's other software out there, perhaps not Roxio, that would let me test this device -- I don't even know if it works, so I'm hesitant to invest in software only to discover it's defective and then turn around and buy (hardware+software) like Roxio VHS-to-DVD again.

Thanks!
yowser

Edited by yowser, 15 August 2013 - 04:20 PM.

#18 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,533 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:17 AM

View Postyowser, on 15 August 2013 - 04:18 PM, said:

I'm wondering if there's other software out there, perhaps not Roxio, that would let me test this device -- I don't even know if it works, so I'm hesitant to invest in software only to discover it's defective and then turn around and buy (hardware+software) like Roxio VHS-to-DVD again.

Thanks!
yowser

NO!

You have to have the proprietary drivers that only come with Roxio.

Depending on WHAT you are trying to do with it, the VHS to DVD Software (not available separately) is very limited in both Editing as well as Output -_-
Posted Image

#19 yowser

yowser

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:59 AM

Thank you, that's very helpful. When my friend lent me the hardware without a disc, I figured there would be a (hypothetical) "Creator SE" that came bundled and that I could probably download free. He's looking to see if he has a disk, but even if he does, from the discussons here, anything that was bundled with this older hardware probably won't run under Win7/64?

My immediate need is very simple, get videos off these deteriorating VHS tapes. Some are recorded off-air (so not a lot of value) and some are speeches by a now-departed relative (so some value even if quality is bad). I was hoping that the cheap/free software (hypothetical Creator SE, or VHS-to-DVD, say) would at least capture the incoming stream, even if I needed something better to clean it up, edit, etc.

I can buy Creator, I see NXT is on sale on Amazon but has very bad reviews. Are those because it's tricky and the users didn't pursue proper answers (i.e. here) or is it actually as buggy/challenging as they say? And at a high level, what's the difference between Creator NXT and NXT Pro? I suspect NXT will do what I want, but if it's more like a $20 version of an intro package, with ads and size limitations, then I should look at Pro or doing something else.

BTW, is VHS-to-DVD essentially a stripped-down Creator (the hypothetical Creator SE that I expected), and that's why it's bundled but not available separately?

Finally, getting really off-topic in some ways, I think my DVD Recorder (PYE Video) may actually work after all. Would the borrowed Roxio hardware and $20 Creator NXT likely give me better results than just recording directly to a DVD? If not, maybe I should use the DVD Recorder to capture the video via RCA|S-Video cables, then maybe move it to my hard drive at some point in future to do better with better software (perhaps NXT Pro).

If for some reason I'll get better digital conversion with the computer and the old/basic Roxio hardware/software (old and basic, respectively) I could invest $20 in NXT. But if not, then it's $20 down the drain that could be put toward NXT Pro -- later!

Thanks again!

-yowser

#20 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,880 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 07:32 AM

Creator NXT for  $20??????  Not likely !   Or am I reading your post wrong?

Edited by sknis, 16 August 2013 - 07:33 AM.

PC  
Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin):  Windows 8.1 64 bit, I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users