Sign in to follow this  
WaffleFace

Capturing Nintendo 64

Question

I would like to start streaming Nintendo 64 games on like Twitch.tv or Own3d or something and I was wondering if that could be done using Roxio Game Capture.

Does the Roxio Capture Card support S-Video or Composite cables? Or is it only component?

3 answers to this question

I would like to start streaming Nintendo 64 games on like Twitch.tv or Own3d or something and I was wondering if that could be done using Roxio Game Capture.

Does the Roxio Capture Card support S-Video or Composite cables? Or is it only component?

the roxio only supports component but the N64 only supports up to 480i via a s-video cable and when trying a aftermarket N64 component cable it looks like crap. but if you can get your hands on a gamecube component cable you can try it because it should fit a N64

the roxio only supports component but the N64 only supports up to 480i via a s-video cable and when trying a aftermarket N64 component cable it looks like crap. but if you can get your hands on a gamecube component cable you can try it because it should fit a N64

so do you think that this would work? If I used this I could only get 480i right?

http://www.amazon.com/Gamecube-S-Video-Cable/dp/B000P6R46W/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1346991202&sr=8-5&keywords=gamecube+component+cable

As far as I can tell, Gamecube Component cables are very expensive because of there rarity.

so do you think that this would work? If I used this I could only get 480i right?

http://www.amazon.co...component cable

As far as I can tell, Gamecube Component cables are very expensive because of there rarity.

Roxio doesn't use S-Video but you might be able to find a s-video to component convertor or adaptor. And yes, you would only be able to get 480i

As of rarity, depends on location.