tsantee

Complete Toast 11.2 Standard Package On Roxio Software Update Page

Question

Roxio has posted the complete Toast 11 standard package containing Toast 11.2 (3175).

Disc Cover 3 RE 3.0.10 This is the current version. There also is a $19.95 discounted upgrade to the full version.

DiscCatalogMaker RE 5.6.2. A free update to RE 5.6.6 is available here. A newer retail version is available here for a Toast-user discounted $19.95).

Get Backup 2 RE 2.4.4. Get Backup 2.5.3 is freeware available here. The Pro version is available at a Toast-user discounted $9.95.

Mac2TiVo 1.2.0. I have a version 1.2.1 from somewhere.

Spin Doctor 1.0. This version is unusable. There is version 1.0.1 that I think one gets from an automatic update within the launched app. That version is usable in some ways but not after OS 10.6.x.

TiVo Transfer 2.1.0. This is the current version but does not work with the TiVo Roamio series.

Toast 11.2 (3175). Here are the release notes.

Before running this installer I suggest renaming your existing Toast 11 Titanium folder by adding (old) at the end of its name. This way the new installer won't overwrite the older one. This is just in case there is something about the older version of Toast that works better than the newer version.

Edited by tsantee
New Toast 11.2 update

53 answers to this question

I have been a loyal Toast user for many years.

Not any more each OS upgrade has made the bundle more and more useless.

Roxio/Corel obviously is not interested in updating the program to make it work with 10.7+

I give up.

I have been a loyal Toast user for many years.

Not any more each OS upgrade has made the bundle more and more useless.

Roxio/Corel obviously is not interested in updating the program to make it work with 10.7+

I give up.

I couldn't find another post from you where you described what wasn't working in 10.7 or later. Aside from Spin Doctor X everything is working on my Macs until Web video capture stopped working with Mavericks. If you want to discuss what's not working on your Mac, please start a new topic. Thanks.

• Like 1

Hello, I would like to buy Toast 11.1

I am with Mac OS 10.9 (Mavericks)

Is Toast 11.1 compatible with Mavericks?

Thanks

Guy

It appears that Toast 11, ver 11.2 does not work with the new Tivo Roamie Series 5 from the dialog to date. Does anyone know about a work-around or a solution to the problem?

It appears that Toast 11, ver 11.2 does not work with the new Tivo Roamie Series 5 from the dialog to date. Does anyone know about a work-around or a solution to the problem?

TiVo Transfer does not work with TiVo Roamio. Corel has been told about this. I have no information about whether or not they plan to do anything about it. There is a link for making reports to Corel in another topic pinned near the top of the forum. I suggest adding your input. In the TiVo Transfer forum here there are recommendations for alternative TiVo software.

I tried downloading the software update 11.2, both from the prompt that came up when I opened toast and directly from Roxio's website...neither update worked. One said it wouldn't open because it was from an unidentified developer and the other said "The update is improperly signed"

Any suggestions?

I tried downloading the software update 11.2, both from the prompt that came up when I opened toast and directly from Roxio's website...neither update worked. One said it wouldn't open because it was from an unidentified developer and the other said "The update is improperly signed"

Any suggestions?

The "unidentified developer" issue is solved by going to the Security panel in System Preferences and allowing applications downloaded from "anywhere." The improperly signed" issue is solved by downloading the Toast 11.2 update from Roxio's Software Updates page and then either renaming the existing Toast 11 Titanium folder in the Applications folder or moving it to the Trash before running the update. In other words, you don't want to be updating the existing Toast folder but instead creating a new one.

toast titanium 11,2 video on web with Mavericks does not work. What I can make? thanks

Correct. The Toast's Web video capture doesn't work in Mavericks. There is no work around other than buying a different application for capturing Web videos. You might search Macupdate.com or the Apple Store for alternatives.

With Mavericks and Toast Titanium 11.2 i've got this message : Sense Key = erreur moyenne ; Sense Code 0x0C ; Write error.

My PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-111D works fine with CD Burner XP on Parallels Desktop / windows XP SP3, but not with toast on mavericks.

Waiting for another update ?

I just installed Toast 11.2 because 11.1 kept crashing. (Titanium) The update has not helped this. Should I uninstall and start all over; or is there another problem here? Thanks.

I just installed Toast 11.2 because 11.1 kept crashing. (Titanium) The update has not helped this. Should I uninstall and start all over; or is there another problem here? Thanks.

It's another problem. Toast should not be crashing. Do you have any external audio of video devices connected to the Mac. Sometimes Toast crashes when it cannot recognize a device that it thinks it should recognize. You can trash the Toast plist and prefs files in your User>Library>Preferences folder and relaunch Toast. Sometimes those get corrupted. Another cause of Toast crashes is a conflict with certain VST plugins in a QuickTime library but that is pretty rare. Did you install any other audio or video apps recently?

Edited by tsantee

I upgraded my version of Roxio Toast 11 Pro, (purchased about 06/04/2011) to the latest version 11.2 after much ado, but find now that I have lost the Pro features. Does the BluRay/HD Plug-in not cause the icon of the application to display an 'HD' over the icon? When my new so-called "upgraded" version of Toast 11.2 launches it does not open with the ASSISTANT window. Instead I immediately get the main application window. When I open the MENU "About Toast", I get a TSID number which has no bearing on my Registration Number for Toast Titanium Pro, which (if I recall correctly) used to come up in the "About Toast" Menu. It seems to me that what I have right now is a partially functional, standard version of Toast Titanium 11.2, while I paid for, and initially received, a VERY NICE working copy (on CD) of Roxio Toast 11 Pro. Any suggestions on how I might get my Assistants back (i.e. the Standard Opening Window for Toast 11), and how do I get a full working installation of the upgraded version of Toast 11 Pro? (Other than reverting back to previous versions of Toast.) THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!

I upgraded my version of Roxio Toast 11 Pro, (purchased about 06/04/2011) to the latest version 11.2 after much ado, but find now that I have lost the Pro features. Does the BluRay/HD Plug-in not cause the icon of the application to display an 'HD' over the icon? When my new so-called "upgraded" version of Toast 11.2 launches it does not open with the ASSISTANT window. Instead I immediately get the main application window. When I open the MENU "About Toast", I get a TSID number which has no bearing on my Registration Number for Toast Titanium Pro, which (if I recall correctly) used to come up in the "About Toast" Menu. It seems to me that what I have right now is a partially functional, standard version of Toast Titanium 11.2, while I paid for, and initially received, a VERY NICE working copy (on CD) of Roxio Toast 11 Pro. Any suggestions on how I might get my Assistants back (i.e. the Standard Opening Window for Toast 11), and how do I get a full working installation of the upgraded version of Toast 11 Pro? (Other than reverting back to previous versions of Toast.) THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!

I don't have an HD over the Toast icon in the Finder and don't recall having seen it in the past. In any case, if the Blu-ray video option is available for you to select in the Video window you have the plug-in active. I've never known of anyone who lost access to the plug-in when updating Toast 11.

As for the assistant, choose New from Assistant from the Toast File menu. At the bottom of the assistant window you'll see a box you can check to have the assistant appear each time Toast opens.

Roxio displays a TSID number instead of the registration code to prevent people copying the registration code from other people's computers. That's the way it is supposed to be.

It's important to note that the standard and pro versions of Toast are identical except that Pro users were able to install the Blu-ray plugin without buying it separately.

I hadn't installed 11.2 (I'd downloaded it and then not installed!?) and when I ran 11.1 to check whether I still had BR support, it offered to update to 11.2 for me, so it looks like 11.2 has been put into the Toast updates system now.

I've now updated to 11.2 and I still have the BR option available in the Video pane. I don't have any "HD" overlay on my Toast app icon, either. What I lack is a BR burner to actually test it on.

I hadn't installed 11.2 (I'd downloaded it and then not installed!?) and when I ran 11.1 to check whether I still had BR support, it offered to update to 11.2 for me, so it looks like 11.2 has been put into the Toast updates system now.

I've now updated to 11.2 and I still have the BR option available in the Video pane. I don't have any "HD" overlay on my Toast app icon, either. What I lack is a BR burner to actually test it on.

You can test it by choosing Save as Disc Image instead of clicking the burn button. Or you can use the HD DVD setting to burn the Blu-ray format video to a standard DVD (if the video isn't very long). After saving as a disc image, mount the resulting .toast file using the Image File setting in the Toast Copy window. Then launch Roxio Video Player in the Toast Extras menu to play it. The menu is not available when playing on the Mac but you can watch the high-def video that way.

"What is on Toast's software updates page is what I posted at the top of this topic. It includes Toast 11.1(1067). After launching that version and going through the setup assistant the built-in updater will give you the option to download and install Toast 11.1(1072). The Toast 11.1(1072) is also available ala carte via a link a macupdate.com"

Not any more. All the links there redirect to Roxio, which then delivers 11.2 in all cases. This is no fun. I tried a few hacks on the link, trying to get 11.1, but it appears it's either now off-line, or very well hidden.

I did manage to find 11.1 (build 1067) here, though...

http://macdownload.informer.com/toast-titanium/11.1/

But, I have yet to try it on Mavericks (10.9.2). I can say Toast 11 as distributed on the CD does launch, but updating to 11.2 causes it to crash on launching, every time. To be safe, I am backing up my computer and then restoring it after Toast doesn't run. That takes about 20 minutes, so it'll probably be tomorrow before I see how 11.1 does. I have also yet to see how well the CD version of Toast 11 does without any updates.

As for the code signing problem, one could join Apple's developer program, and then sign it yourself. Heh. The down side of that is it costs US$99, so it's not a practical option unless you can use the membership for other stuff.

Yesterday I submitted a Toast 11.2 crash report to Roxio (or whoever owns Toast these days), and I'm now awaiting a response.....

So, I got a response to my support request - from Digital River, not Roxio et al.

> Dear Customer,

>

> Thank you for contacting the online store.

>

> We apologize for the inconvenience. Unfortunately, we are unable to

> assist you with technical support issues at the online store.

>

> Please contact technical support at:

>

> http://www.roxio.com/enu/support/

But -- This is the VERY SAME LINK used to submit the request that wound up in the wrong place.

I'm beginning to thing that Toast is, well... toast.

Does any one have a working email address for actual technical support for Toast...?

Does any one have a working email address for actual technical support for Toast...?

On the page that you linked, there is this additional link: Contact Technical Support.

I started this topic back when 11.1 was the newest update so my earlier posts are for it rather than 11.2. Sorry for the confusion. Roxio pulls all earlier versions from their updates page. 11.2 is not crashing for me and I don't know why that is happening for you. Sometimes the Toast plist and prefs files get corrupted during a Toast or OS update. You might try trashing those which are in your User>Library>Preferences folder. You access that library by holding down the option key while selecting the Go menu in the Finder. Sorry you're having these problems with Toast.

Roxio has posted the complete Toast 11 standard package containing Toast 11.2 (3175).

Disc Cover 3 RE 3.0.10 This is the current version. There also is a $19.95 discounted upgrade to the full version.

DiscCatalogMaker RE 5.6.2. A free update to RE 5.6.6 is available here. A newer retail version is available here for a Toast-user discounted $19.95).

Get Backup 2 RE 2.4.4. Get Backup 2.5.3 is freeware available here. The Pro version is available at a Toast-user discounted $9.95.

Mac2TiVo 1.2.0. I have a version 1.2.1 from somewhere.

Spin Doctor 1.0. This version is unusable. There is version 1.0.1 that I think one gets from an automatic update within the launched app. That version is usable in some ways but not after OS 10.6.x.

TiVo Transfer 2.1.0. This is the current version but does not work with the TiVo Roamio series.

Toast 11.2 (3175). Here are the release notes.

Before running this installer I suggest renaming your existing Toast 11 Titanium folder by adding (old) at the end of its name. This way the new installer won't overwrite the older one. This is just in case there is something about the older version of Toast that works better than the newer version.

PLEASE HELP!!! Toast 10 ordered me to update, then I redirected to toast update website and so on, I deleted the toast 10 and EMPTYING THE TRASH (how stupid?) when I succeed to open the installer for toast 11, they asked me the serial number in my email, how could this happen?! Ive never input my email adress. then I just know that even and update is NOT free! Im in a rush situation, sorry for my stupidity...... and thank you.

• Like 1

PLEASE HELP!!! Toast 10 ordered me to update, then I redirected to toast update website and so on, I deleted the toast 10 and EMPTYING THE TRASH (how stupid?) when I succeed to open the installer for toast 11, they asked me the serial number in my email, how could this happen?! Ive never input my email adress. then I just know that even and update is NOT free! Im in a rush situation, sorry for my stupidity...... and thank you.

Toast 11 is a paid upgrade, not a free update, to Toast 10. Download and install the latest version of Toast 10 here: http://www.roxio.com/enu/support/toast/software_updatesv10.html

Toast 11 is a paid upgrade, not a free update, to Toast 10. Download and install the latest version of Toast 10 here: http://www.roxio.com...updatesv10.html

problem is.. they didnt say a word about purchasing, or me to be directed to their purchase page or somewhat.. they just MADE ME DELETE MY 10 VERSION. sorry for yelling but this is so frustating!

problem is.. they didnt say a word about purchasing, or me to be directed to their purchase page or somewhat.. they just MADE ME DELETE MY 10 VERSION. sorry for yelling but this is so frustating!

I don't know how they made you delete Toast 10. I have never been asked to delete a previous version. In fact, I keep previous versions on my Mac for various reasons. Just reinstall Toast 10 and you should be good to go.