COD Is A Fish

Xsplit And Roxio Game Capture Hd Pro

Question

48 answers to this question

Ask support ! ;) (This is not them).

Edited by sknis

Support probably doesn't know either.

If you buy the product directly from Roxio you have a 30 day like it or return it policy.

Don't know if you have to pay return shipping tho.

COD: we aren't trying to evade you but we really don't know!

We are just fellow users like you and have never streamed anything, unless a hose was involved :)

As a beta tester of the new Roxio.

i had issues with the beta device and xSplit because of a codec. BUT this was still in beta and hopefully been fixed/patched,

As a beta tester of the new Roxio.

i had issues with the beta device and xSplit because of a codec. BUT this was still in beta and hopefully been fixed/patched,

Most likely they did fix them before going to the final release...

...still, COD, if you bought it from the Roxio Store, you would have the 30 days to try it out with the no question return option available to you! ~ most stores and on line discount houses do not give you that option once the box is opened :(

called 1-877-582-6735

they told me to ask support because they wasn't sure.....

so....

Call support on Monday its toll free .

Roxio Tech Support 1 877 793 7471

Has anyone figured this out yet?

I'm curious if it works before I consider buying Xsplit.

The only reason I might buy Xsplit is because I really like the feature of adding your webcam into the live stream... Maybe Roxio could add that feature to the current streaming?? That would be really great.

Ok...so I tried the free version of Xsplit tonight.

Sadly it does not work with the Roxio HD Pro. It says the camera is not available even when you aren't running the Roxio capture software.

Also - if you are running Xsplit and try to run the Roxio software, your screen will go black. This is solved by closing xsplit and re-opening the Roxio software.

Anyway.... that answers that for now. Hopefully Roxio adds a way to include a webcam into the streaming - that's all I really care about anyway.

post-106682-0-93964100-1348707982_thumb.png

I honestly have to say, it's very, very disappointing that this doesn't work with xsplit. Xsplit is one of the most popular streaming tools out there, and Roxio didn't work on compatibility. I was very excited when I heard about the new capture device, since I was fairly happy with the original game capture. Way to drop the ball roxio, disappointment...

What if you have the Roxio Device running but not the Capture Software???

The software has the drivers in place and as soon as you plug the Roxio Device into your PC, Windows will recognize it and it should be available as a Source?

Also, has anyone raised this question with Xsplit? :huh:

Seems like they would be the best source for compatibility info ;)

Hey Jim,

I actually did not have any of the Roxio capture software running. Xsplit did identify the "Roxio GameCap HD Pro" source easily. (See bottom of above attached image.) Unfortunately it couldn't open the source even after it identified it.

I haven't contacted Xsplit about this incompatibility - but that's a good suggestion.

From xsplit support: "While we want to extend Xsplit's support for Roxio devices, we only offer limited support, which means that as long as Roxio's driver conforms to standards, it should work (like with most others). Of course, we are willing to work with Roxio to improve the support for their product."

I'm very interested in purchasing this capture device, but if I'm limited to using the roxio software, it's a no go.

From xsplit support: "While we want to extend Xsplit's support for Roxio devices, we only offer limited support, which means that as long as Roxio's driver conforms to standards, it should work (like with most others). Of course, we are willing to work with Roxio to improve the support for their product."

I'm very interested in purchasing this capture device, but if I'm limited to using the roxio software, it's a no go.

Understood!

Then I have to wonder, how versatile is the included (free) streaming software in the Pro package???

Anyone have an opinon on that ;)

Understood!

Then I have to wonder, how versatile is the included (free) streaming software in the Pro package???

Anyone have an opinon on that ;)

I've used it. In terms of versatility - there isn't much there. It takes your captured image and streams it to Justin/Twitch.tv in the click of a button. You can select the audio source input and that's it!

You can't even title your Stream - as in - give it a description.

It's VERY easy to use with the 1 button click and if you select the audio to your laptop built in mic - you can commentate while you play. There are no special effects of any sort that you can use while you stream - at least - none that I can tell.

It's as basic as streaming can get unfortunately - but it does work and it is sufficient for many uses.

Does the capture card not have a direct show driver?

No clue. How do I check?

On the random black screen issue. I dropped my Display to 24-bit and that stopped happening. My circumstances were different but fixed a big issue.

I got mine today in the mail I have quiet a few computers as I am a huge gamer of sorts, anyways the software that comes with HD pro is very poorly made. The worst thing about it is the fact you can not stream properly from the program its self even though it even says on the site stream to twitch but when you try it will have 5 sec intervals of streaming then freeze streaming then freeze. I was constantly checking my connection and i have a 100mb/s speed with 10mb/s upload speed so i know it was not that. I Then decided to download manycam and overlay the roxio program then i had to open up xsplit and stream from the many cam.

So in the end the quality was not that great but it streamed perfectly. iv tried all the different video quality on Roxio game capture hd pro and got the same lag issue on live streams. I honestly don't think they tested live streams because it is awful.

I haven't bought it yet... And it seems I won't be buying at all... I need a capture card to connect a pc video source to another pc in order to stream it trough xsplit... I thought roxio device would be my easy solution... But from de feedback I'm seeing it does not work like that...

I thought about elgato game capture... Which has only hdmi input and output... But I don't know if it works either... Anyone has a suggestion???

At the moment, just wait it out until Roxio finally comes up with a fix. Right now, this is definitely not the solution as you have said. However, I'm sure if Roxio listens well enough to the streaming community that bought into this.. Things will turn for the better within the next couple of weeks.

I am having a similar problem with using the built in streaming as vegsmashed. Every few seconds the live stream will pause for a second or two. I have tried all the resolution settings from 240 to 720P, increasing the bitrate from the default settings, and the problem remains. I have over 1000K/sec upload bandwidth so I do not think it is the cause as it is only using 150K/sec on average.

The video available after the live stream has finished does not show the pauses though it is jerking quite a bit. But due to the pauses the video is delayed by a long time, for example I can stream for 20 minutes and the recorded video will be say 10 minutes long.

There are a couple of test videos of live streaming at http://www.twitch.tv/gamergeddon

I got mine today in the mail I have quiet a few computers as I am a huge gamer of sorts, anyways the software that comes with HD pro is very poorly made. The worst thing about it is the fact you can not stream properly from the program its self even though it even says on the site stream to twitch but when you try it will have 5 sec intervals of streaming then freeze streaming then freeze. I was constantly checking my connection and i have a 100mb/s speed with 10mb/s upload speed so i know it was not that. I Then decided to download manycam and overlay the roxio program then i had to open up xsplit and stream from the many cam.

So in the end the quality was not that great but it streamed perfectly. iv tried all the different video quality on Roxio game capture hd pro and got the same lag issue on live streams. I honestly don't think they tested live streams because it is awful.

I was also able to get it to work using Xplit by "Capturing" a portion of the screen and using that as a source. That works..but it's not great quality and the audio won't work. In fact I had some crazy audio issue where it was shooting out all kinds of noise.

I tired the Manycam solution and I can't seem to get it working. Error reports "Manycam can't connect to your webcam for some reason." I guess you got it working so there is a way..but honestly it seems like way too much trouble for me. I think the only real answer is to get Xsplit working with the direct Roxio HD source.

The bottom line here is - if you want to stream - you are better off getting another device. (or at least until Roxio fixes their software).

post-106682-0-05860100-1349280683_thumb.png

Guest ivanatrox

Xsplit support: It is actually up to Xsplit to add the support in their software. This is not something we can work on.

Streaming issue: Please install SP1 and let us know if it helps.

Ivan

• Like 1