• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 COD Is A Fish

COD Is A Fish

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:52 AM

I pay for my xSplit and was told that the new Roxio may not work with xSplit or any other streaming software besides Roxio's own built in one.

Is this true?

#2 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,543 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:19 AM

Ask sales !
PC  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit  
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, 250G SSD,  EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012, Creator NXT2 Pro. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus and others.

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#3 COD Is A Fish

COD Is A Fish

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:36 AM

View Postsknis, on 21 September 2012 - 08:19 AM, said:

Ask sales !
called  1-877-582-6735
they told me to ask support because they wasn't sure.....
so....

#4 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,543 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 09:17 AM

Ask support ! ;)   (This is not them).

Edited by sknis, 22 September 2012 - 09:17 AM.

PC  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit  
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, 250G SSD,  EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012, Creator NXT2 Pro. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus and others.

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#5 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,248 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 02:38 PM

Support probably doesn't know either.

If you buy the product directly from Roxio you have a 30 day like it or return it policy.

Don't know if you have  to pay return shipping tho.
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  

#6 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,687 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 04:13 PM

COD: we aren't trying to evade you but we really don't know!

We are just fellow users like you and have never streamed anything, unless a hose was involved :)

Posted Image

#7 Vaughn Whiskey

Vaughn Whiskey

Digital Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 02:00 AM

As a beta tester of the new Roxio.

i had issues with the beta device and xSplit because of a codec. BUT this was still in beta and hopefully been fixed/patched,
Posted Image
Twitch.tv - twitch.tv/vaughnwhiskey
The 8-Bit Massacre Podcast - youtube.com/The8BitMassacre

#8 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,687 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 02:33 AM

View PostVaughn Whiskey, on 23 September 2012 - 02:00 AM, said:

As a beta tester of the new Roxio.

i had issues with the beta device and xSplit because of a codec. BUT this was still in beta and hopefully been fixed/patched,
Most likely they did fix them before going to the final release...

...still, COD, if you bought it from the Roxio Store, you would have the 30 days to try it out with the no question return option available to you! ~ most stores and on line discount houses do not give you that option once the box is opened :(
Posted Image

#9 ogdens

ogdens

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,196 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:10 AM

View PostCOD Is A Fish, on 22 September 2012 - 08:36 AM, said:

called  1-877-582-6735
they told me to ask support because they wasn't sure.....
so....

Call support  on  Monday its toll free .

Roxio Tech Support 1 877 793 7471

#10 Embalmer

Embalmer

Novice

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Interests:Twitter: CoDTeamL33T, Youtube: CallofDutyTeamL33T, Twitch.Tv: CoDTeamL33T, Facebook: CoDTeamL33T

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:22 PM

Has anyone figured this out yet?

I'm curious if it works before I consider buying Xsplit.

The only reason I might buy Xsplit is because I really like the feature of adding your webcam into the live stream...  Maybe Roxio could add that feature to the current streaming?? That would be really great.

#11 Embalmer

Embalmer

Novice

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Interests:Twitter: CoDTeamL33T, Youtube: CallofDutyTeamL33T, Twitch.Tv: CoDTeamL33T, Facebook: CoDTeamL33T

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:06 PM

Ok...so I tried the free version of Xsplit tonight.

Sadly it does not work with the Roxio HD Pro.  It says the camera is not available even when you aren't running the Roxio capture software.

Also - if you are running Xsplit and try to run the Roxio software, your screen will go black.  This is solved by closing xsplit and re-opening the Roxio software.

Anyway.... that answers that for now.  Hopefully Roxio adds a way to include a webcam into the streaming - that's all I really care about anyway.

Attached Images

• Untitled.png

#12 57hansen

57hansen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:31 PM

I honestly have to say, it's very, very disappointing that this doesn't work with xsplit. Xsplit is one of the most popular streaming tools out there, and Roxio didn't work on compatibility. I was very excited when I heard about the new capture device, since I was fairly happy with the original game capture. Way to drop the ball roxio, disappointment...

#13 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,687 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:04 AM

What if you have the Roxio Device running but not the Capture Software???

The software has the drivers in place and as soon as you plug the Roxio Device into your PC, Windows will recognize it and it should be available as a Source?

Also, has anyone raised this question with Xsplit? :huh:

Seems like they would be the best source for compatibility info ;)
Posted Image

#14 Embalmer

Embalmer

Novice

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:55 AM

Hey Jim,

I actually did not have any of the Roxio capture software running.  Xsplit did identify the "Roxio GameCap HD Pro" source easily.  (See bottom of above attached image.)  Unfortunately it couldn't open the source even after it identified it.

I haven't contacted Xsplit about this incompatibility - but that's a good suggestion.

#15 57hansen

57hansen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:11 AM

From xsplit support: "While we want to extend Xsplit's support for Roxio devices, we only offer limited support, which means that as long as Roxio's driver conforms to standards, it should work (like with most others). Of course, we are willing to work with Roxio to improve the support for their product."
I'm very interested in purchasing this capture device, but if I'm limited to using the roxio software, it's a no go.

#16 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,687 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:24 PM

View Post57hansen, on 28 September 2012 - 10:11 AM, said:

From xsplit support: "While we want to extend Xsplit's support for Roxio devices, we only offer limited support, which means that as long as Roxio's driver conforms to standards, it should work (like with most others). Of course, we are willing to work with Roxio to improve the support for their product."
I'm very interested in purchasing this capture device, but if I'm limited to using the roxio software, it's a no go.
Understood!

Then I have to wonder, how versatile is the included (free) streaming software in the Pro package???

Anyone have an opinon on that ;)
Posted Image

#17 Embalmer

Embalmer

Novice

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:10 PM

View PostJim_Hardin, on 28 September 2012 - 01:24 PM, said:

Understood!

Then I have to wonder, how versatile is the included (free) streaming software in the Pro package???

Anyone have an opinon on that ;)

I've used it.  In terms of versatility - there isn't much there.  It takes your captured image and streams it to Justin/Twitch.tv in the click of a button.  You can select the audio source input and that's it!

You can't even title your Stream - as in - give it a description.

It's VERY easy to use with the 1 button click and if you select the audio to your laptop built in mic - you can commentate while you play.  There are no special effects of any sort that you can use while you stream - at least - none that I can tell.

It's as basic as streaming can get unfortunately - but it does work and it is sufficient for many uses.

#18 57hansen

57hansen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 08:21 PM

Does the capture card not have a direct show driver?

#19 Embalmer

Embalmer

Novice

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:35 AM

View Post57hansen, on 28 September 2012 - 08:21 PM, said:

Does the capture card not have a direct show driver?

No clue.  How do I check?

#20 UberDeft

UberDeft

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:43 PM

On the random black screen issue. I dropped my Display to 24-bit and that stopped happening. My circumstances were different but fixed a big issue.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: xSplit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users