brendan4864

Missing .dll

Question

i just bought the roxio game capture hd pro and i installed it on my computer, when i installed it the edit and share option didnt work it kept saying "The program can't start because d3dx9_33.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem." i dont know why it is doing this i just need help with it does anyone know what i should do?

7 answers to this question

That is part of DirectX9...

You may have deleted it, in part, through some inadvertant action.

Let's try this first!

1. Remove the capture device
  2. Turn Off and/or disable Anti Virus software and Firewall
  3. Uninstall your Roxio Software through the Control Panel - Programs and Features
  4. Reboot
  5. Install the Roxio Software, making sure you agree to let it check for updates and install everything (except that stupic Google Toolbar :angry: )

Let's see if that will rebuild your DirectX9, otherwise it will have to be downloaded from MS and installed ^_^

I also had the same problem on my Desktop PC (the install worked fine on both of my laptops).

The fix is to simply update your DirectX. You don't even need a reboot afterward.

Download and reinstall directx from this link here: http://www.microsoft...ails.aspx?id=35

It is very important to turn off your anti-virus when updating DirectX. My first installation failed with AVG running. After disabling it - DirectX updated without problem.

Screenshot of error message below:

post-106682-0-67776800-1348840944_thumb.png

It is very important to turn off your anti-virus when updating DirectX.

It's very important to turn off any program especially anti-virus / firewall when installing / un-installing anything on your PC!

It's very important to turn off any program especially anti-virus / firewall when installing / un-installing anything on your PC!

Agreed :) Although I generally never have a problem with AVG!

Agreed :) Although I generally never have a problem with AVG!

AVG on this board is one of the worst at causing problems!

AVG on this board is one of the worst at causing problems!

Ahh OK, I'm new here so please forgive my ignorance :) Must be a Roxio/AVG war I didn't know about!! :ph34r:

Another program on Vista and W-7 I would make sure it's off when installing un-installing is UAC, User Account Control.

Keep in mind what anti-virus software does?

Monitors programs and .exe running on the PC that might harm it.

If it thinks something from a legit program looks suspicious it blocks it and there goes your installation. ;)