Hoofed Cracker

Remove Dvd Burn Date On Dvd Menu Screen

Question

Hi,

I cant find a way to remove the DVD burn date from the main menu screen.

For example. I burn a DVD, Load the DVD, DVD Menu screen shows with titles, Under the titles is the Date that the DVD was created.

Could you please let me know how to remove this date, or atleast change it?

Cheers,

Hoofed Cracker

5 answers to this question

You can click on the text in the Toast window to select and edit or delete it. You also can click the Edit... button and get a window where the menu text can be edited.

• Like 1

Reviving an old topic here. Is there a way to do this in bulk? I have five hundred clips and all include the burn date. Toast 11 Mac. Thank you =)

Is there a way to do this in bulk? I have five hundred clips and all include the burn date. Toast 11 Mac. Thank you =)

A DVD can have 99 clips (“titles”) maximum (Roxio’s limit may be a bit lower), so the 500 number is not a useful number. And they’d have to be very short, like 1:30 each or less on average.

The inclusion of the video file modification date (default line 2) depends on the chosen menu style, and the amount of titles (buttons) per menu page (Auto/1/2/4/6). Many titles per page allow for less (lines of) info text. On some styles this will be just the first line, or part thereof, likely based on the file name. Thus no room for the date from the second line. This is done automatically with criteria that are not user-accessible.

Thank you Oldarchiver,

Yes the clips are broken up over 6 discs. (Actually I think it's closer to 450 clips).

I chose the default menu as the customer wanted super-simple and didn't want to pay for any upgrades. I wasn't able to get the date field off but since her instructions were what they were - raw footage with no frills burned to a DVD for backup - it all worked out.

It's sort of odd that there wouldn't be some kind of basic user control over the menu fields. You would think Toast would include that capability.

Then again I'm not used to doing the whole DVD in Toast, I usually build a disc image in Encore and then burn it in Toast, so I'm not familiar with the ins and outs of it.

Well thanks again for your reply. I was wondering if there was life out there when no one answered! So hello! lol

• Like 1