Kinser

.cx2D File Format

Question

A friend gave me a file that he recorded from a cd. When I click on the file {name}.c2d, it wants to start this Easy VHS to DVD program. After some Internet research it seems this is a Roxio proprietary image file not unlike a .iso file. I tried to convert it to .iso and then burn the ISO to a cd but have had no success at all.

Any suggestions as to what I can do. My ultimate goal is to convert the file to .mp3 or another file format that can be played on a computer.

Thank you

10 answers to this question

You are correct about the file AND V2D will not handle it...

I do not know how you would burn it without something like Creator Classic... ~ never used the c2d for any output :huh:

I would reccomend you get your friend to burn another as Data or Music or put the content on a Thumbdrive for you.

The C2D file is a Roxio Image File, a disc imaging program created by Sonic Solutions and later published by Roxio. The C2D file is used to store an exact copy of the data from a CD and may be used for duplicating or backing up discs.

IsoBuster also supports the following image file formats: .DAO, .TAO, .ISO, .CIF, .FCD, .NRG, .GCD, .P01, .C2D, and .GI.

Thanks cdanteek,

I have tried isobuster and may not be selecting the correct options because it doesn't compete the process correctly, so although it creates the .ISO file, I still cannot get it over to a burnable image - also using image burn once the iso is created.

Any ideas as to where I may be going astray?

Thanks cdanteek,

I have tried isobuster and may not be selecting the correct options because it doesn't compete the process correctly, so although it creates the .ISO file, I still cannot get it over to a burnable image - also using image burn once the iso is created.

If the iso file is created then that is the burnable image file. Why can't you use Imgburn to burn the image? Exactly what is happening?

Thanks cdanteek,

Do you have a free version of IsoBuster or a bought version?

If you have a bought version look in the help file under 'Converting from/to different image file format'

A free version doesn't have all functions enabled.

post-97-0-84078800-1350394948_thumb.jpg

I used free isobuster and converted from c2d to iso to start with. I wasn’t sure of the options to use but my options were 1) Extract User Data (*.tao, *.iso, *.img, *.wav), 2) Extract RAW but convert to Used Data (*.tao, *.iso, .wav), or 3) Extract RAW Data (2352 bytes/block) (.bin, *.iso). I tried option 1 first and the error is that Sector 0 couldn’t be read. Next, option 2, will convert the file to iso and when I try to burn it with Image Burn, I select Write image file to disc, locate and select the file, also select the verify option, and before I can start the burn process, a message is returned to me starting “Invalid or Unsupported image file format!” So on to option 3, which also completes and seems to be the correct format for Image Burn. I select the new file and get no error messages, so start the burn process. Image burn is also free.

Once complete, the verification process starts and I get the following messages:

Microcompare at LBA: 1 Offset 2072

Device 0x49

Image File 0xFF

Total Errors in Sector: 280

Would you like to continue?

Answering yes produces another, followed by another, followed by another and then the process continues along as I watch the screen, I see the following message countless times: Note: The drive probably corrected the EDC Area because it’s wrong in the image file. (This line repeats about 40/sec)

Once complete, and I look at the disc via Explorer, I do not see any more that was written to the disc than this:

[.ShellClassInfo]

LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,-21815

Although it looks like a whole lot more was written, I cannot open with any program at all. When I check properties, there is no free space on the disc.

Thank you again for the assistance.

The free IsoBuster lets you see but not do anything because they want you to buy it.

Exactly what do you want to do with the c2d image file?

I have about 1TB worth of audio and video files form this person; the audio is in c2d format and I want to convert it to something playable; either .wav, .wma, or preferrably, .mp3, I just do not know how to do that.

Thanks

I have about 1TB worth of audio and video files form this person; the audio is in c2d format and I want to convert it to something playable; either .wav, .wma, or preferrably, .mp3, I just do not know how to do that.

Thanks

Look up top for a private message.

post-97-0-07750900-1350592691_thumb.jpg