• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Plagasx

Plagasx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:06 PM

Hello, I just bought a Roxio Pro HD and I want to know if I can record my PC games as well without any performance hits like Fraps does.

Thanks!

#2 Vaughn Whiskey

Vaughn Whiskey

Digital Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:16 PM

no, Roxio Game Capture Hd Pro is next gen consoles.
look into a program called dxtory. it is free and is better then fraps
Posted Image
Twitch.tv - twitch.tv/vaughnwhiskey
The 8-Bit Massacre Podcast - youtube.com/The8BitMassacre

#3 SkatecL5

SkatecL5

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:45 AM

You can record and stream your pc/laptop if you use an hdmi cable connected to your computer to the roxio game cap pro hd, and then right click on your desktop, screen resolution, and then choose this 2nd signal(2nd if you are only using one monitor, 3rd signal if you use dual monitors), and select "Duplicate these displays" under Multiple Displays:  Now you can run the roxio over usb to any computer that supports it and stream and record. You can also use the same computer that is outputting the hdmi to record via usb, but that gets rid of some of the usefulness when you do that because you are still streaming on the same computer, however there is significantly less cpu usage being used up by you streaming because the roxio does the encoding. Here is an example of how good the roxio looks when streaming 720p PC gameplay, and to show people that you can actually stream your pc with it. This is a friend of mine playing LoL http://www.twitch.tv...daw/b/335637382

Good Luck!
SkatecL5

#4 Vaughn Whiskey

Vaughn Whiskey

Digital Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:03 AM

View PostSkatecL5, on 15 October 2012 - 06:45 AM, said:

You can record and stream your pc/laptop if you use an hdmi cable connected to your computer to the roxio game cap pro hd, and then right click on your desktop, screen resolution, and then choose this 2nd signal(2nd if you are only using one monitor, 3rd signal if you use dual monitors), and select "Duplicate these displays" under Multiple Displays:  Now you can run the roxio over usb to any computer that supports it and stream and record. You can also use the same computer that is outputting the hdmi to record via usb, but that gets rid of some of the usefulness when you do that because you are still streaming on the same computer, however there is significantly less cpu usage being used up by you streaming because the roxio does the encoding. Here is an example of how good the roxio looks when streaming 720p PC gameplay, and to show people that you can actually stream your pc with it. This is a friend of mine playing LoL http://www.twitch.tv...daw/b/335637382

Good Luck!
SkatecL5

why tho?

not to rain on your parade but you can get Dxtory (which is free) and xSplit (which has a free to use license) and stream almost perfect HQ streaming from your pc games.
plus dxtory uses less CPU aswell as xsplit.
Roxio is great for making this device for consoles but why use it for pc when there is already proven better ways out there?

i know this might sound like i am bashing Roxio but i am not, they have great video game capture devices but for PC there are better.

Edited by Vaughn Whiskey, 15 October 2012 - 10:03 AM.

Posted Image
Twitch.tv - twitch.tv/vaughnwhiskey
The 8-Bit Massacre Podcast - youtube.com/The8BitMassacre

#5 NuClearFuRy

NuClearFuRy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:01 PM

Yes you coan i have done it before you must have 2 monitors becuase the way you set the capture it will record the second monitor you set the display option in the control panel in adjust resolution to duplicate screen or just move your game on that monitor set your  resolution as high as possible becuase roxio will lower it on your computer screen there is no lag for games but there is no sound there should be a way to fix that though .
best of luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users