Jump to content

Roxio Community

Best Quality Render Settings ?

High Quality Best Settings VideoWave Roxio Game Capture HD Pro Quality Loss Export As

  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Ash_

Ash_

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:07 PM

Hi, just got my Roxio Game Capture HD Pro few days ago :) , but have an issue/doubt about the render settings for the video wave software :(. I use Sony Vegas for editing my clips and I'm aware that you won't get sound for the captured video in Sony Vegas with .m2ts format that Roxio uses. So I thought of rendering my video first using video wave. I tried out few settings, but there's a quality loss between the M2TS and the rendered clip. So I would like to know what are the best settings to render in video wave with less quality loss as possible and the rendered video should be able to work in Sony Vegas.
I capture in 1280x720 with 59fps and 1920x1080 with 29fps. I would like to know what render settings you guys are using for their videos for these two resolutions. Also I capture in 8mb bitrate for both resolutions. Will capturing in 15mb help my cause ?

Or can you suggest any other software that would help me ?

Cheers
Ash

Edited by Ash_, 21 October 2012 - 01:10 PM.


#2 grandpabruce

grandpabruce

    Digital Guru

  • Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,476 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:40 PM

View PostAsh_, on 21 October 2012 - 01:07 PM, said:

Hi, just got my Roxio Game Capture HD Pro few days ago :) , but have an issue/doubt about the render settings for the video wave software :(. I use Sony Vegas for editing my clips and I'm aware that you won't get sound for the captured video in Sony Vegas with .m2ts format that Roxio uses. So I thought of rendering my video first using video wave. I tried out few settings, but there's a quality loss between the M2TS and the rendered clip. So I would like to know what are the best settings to render in video wave with less quality loss as possible and the rendered video should be able to work in Sony Vegas.
I capture in 1280x720 with 59fps and 1920x1080 with 29fps. I would like to know what render settings you guys are using for their videos for these two resolutions. Also I capture in 8mb bitrate for both resolutions. Will capturing in 15mb help my cause ?

Or can you suggest any other software that would help me ?

Cheers
Ash

Why not use VideoWave for your editing?  This is, after all, a Roxio forum, not a Sony Vegas forum.
Life is good!
GrandpaBruce
Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971

Main System:
ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard; Cooler Master ATCS 840 Case
Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor
CORSAIR DOMINATOR 3GB (3 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866
PLEXTOR Black DVD Burner, Model PX-880SA; Pioneer Black 8X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R Burner
EVGA GEFORCE GTX 670 2GB Video Card
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series Sound Card
Windows XP Pro w/SP3

Backup Computer:
ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe
Windows 7 Pro w/SP1

#3 Ash_

Ash_

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 21 October 2012 - 03:14 PM

View Postgrandpabruce, on 21 October 2012 - 01:40 PM, said:

Why not use VideoWave for your editing?  This is, after all, a Roxio forum, not a Sony Vegas forum.
Its just I've been used to Sony Vegas and have certain plugins that suit my needs very well.

#4 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

    Digital Guru

  • Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,100 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:40 AM

I don't know what settings other Vegas users are using, but the general video guideline would suggest you decide on what your final Ouput will be, then capture, render, et al AT that resolution if possible or slightly better...

What I would try (if I had the setup!) would be a short cap of detail and movement ~ 5 to 10 seconds of each, then output it a couple of ways that are available to see what one looks best in the end...

ALSO, I would try a capture in a higher quality, if possible, from your end output and do the same with that.

I realize that will take a while, but please post back with your findings.
Posted Image

#5 Ash_

Ash_

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 26 October 2012 - 04:59 PM

View PostJim_Hardin, on 22 October 2012 - 03:40 AM, said:

I don't know what settings other Vegas users are using, but the general video guideline would suggest you decide on what your final Ouput will be, then capture, render, et al AT that resolution if possible or slightly better...

What I would try (if I had the setup!) would be a short cap of detail and movement ~ 5 to 10 seconds of each, then output it a couple of ways that are available to see what one looks best in the end...

ALSO, I would try a capture in a higher quality, if possible, from your end output and do the same with that.

I realize that will take a while, but please post back with your findings.

Cheers for the reply, was planning on testing different settings myself but thought of posting here first in case any others have already tested settings before :)
So far I think for a clip captured in 720p (1280x720) with 59 frames/second, AVCHD 1280x720/60p  or Same as Original pre-set is the best. With these settings, the video will be rendered out in .MP4 format and is readable by Sony Vegas. When tried the WindowsMediaVideo 9 preset, I felt there  was quality loss with the final render. I'm try to test with custom template but the maximum frame rate available is 30 (missing 59frames/second ) and 1280 x 720 frame size is missing :(

BTW I'm using the videowave version that came with the installation disc, haven't updated it.

Attached Images

  • frameRate.png


#6 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

    Digital Guru

  • Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,100 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:51 AM

and? and? :o

Is that scheme working pretty well???

Don't get misled by "numbers"... Most Commercial Blu-Rays output at 24 fps and you don't hear anyone complaining ;)
Posted Image

#7 Jabberwockxeno

Jabberwockxeno

    Novice

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:12 PM

So, reading this, is there no "best quality possible" set of settings?

If we have a media player that can use m2ts files, would it not preserve as much quality as possible if I just didn't render the files at all?





Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: High Quality, Best Settings, VideoWave, Roxio Game Capture HD Pro, Quality Loss, Export As

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users