2 replies to this topic

#1 wongl0786

wongl0786

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:34 AM

Hello everyone. Recently, I've gotten a Roxio Game Capture HD Pro to improve my quality of capture. I set up all the cables when I got them. I had monster component cables for my wii to my Capture Card. I also had Regular Component cables to go from my Roxio to my TV. I am very satisfied with the quality of the video. However, when I play my Wii games on the component input on my TV, the display is noticeably darker. This transfers to the Capture of the video, which is also darker to the same level. Though I was able to turn up the brightness on the TV, it didn't show on the Capture. Does anyone have any solutions?

#2 Solution

Solution

Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:43 AM

Best Answer

View Postwongl0786, on 04 November 2012 - 05:34 AM, said:

Hello everyone. Recently, I've gotten a Roxio Game Capture HD Pro to improve my quality of capture. I set up all the cables when I got them. I had monster component cables for my wii to my Capture Card. I also had Regular Component cables to go from my Roxio to my TV. I am very satisfied with the quality of the video. However, when I play my Wii games on the component input on my TV, the display is noticeably darker. This transfers to the Capture of the video, which is also darker to the same level. Though I was able to turn up the brightness on the TV, it didn't show on the Capture. Does anyone have any solutions?

You probably have to get gold plated component cables. Or, you could try to input with component and output with HDMI, which works for me on the PS3. Not sure about the Wii, but it should work and you'll notice your colors are normal.

#3 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,142 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:58 PM

LENGTH of the cable is more of a factor that if gold is present.

The longer any wire is, the more the resistance increases.

Try a really short wire, say 3 feet (1M) even if just temporarily for a test ;)

If it makes a difference, then you will have to decide what you want to do from there.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users