AndreaH

Roxio 8 Compatible With Windows 8?

Question

Wondering if Roxio 8 is compatible with windows 8? I have installed it but haven't really tried anything yet as I'm afraid I might screw something up. When it finished installing it did give me approx. 3 error messages saying something about needing a digital driver and please shut off something else that may be using the graphics? I stupidly didn't write it down. Anyone know what that's about?

9 answers to this question

Wondering if Roxio 8 is compatible with windows 8? I have installed it but haven't really tried anything yet as I'm afraid I might screw something up. When it finished installing it did give me approx. 3 error messages saying something about needing a digital driver and please shut off something else that may be using the graphics? I stupidly didn't write it down. Anyone know what that's about?

Easy Media Creator 8 2006 era.

Is only compatible with XP.

Not Vista, not W-7 or W-8!

Uninstall it now.

Crud. I used it on VIsta and had no problems at all. Can you suggest a cheap/free media suite that I might find on the web? I can't afford to replace Roxio at this time.....

Crud. I used it on VIsta and had no problems at all. Can you suggest a cheap/free media suite that I might find on the web? I can't afford to replace Roxio at this time.....

Try Cnet.

Corel has 30 day trials I think.

Thanks, will do. Looking for something "permanent" no trials.....

If you had it working with Vista then you could not have used it very much and would eventually have crashed.

What are you planning to use EMC 8 for?

You're absolutely right, I rarely used it, mainly to copy dvd's or music, etc. I guess I just have to go look for a music/video copy program....

You're absolutely right, I rarely used it, mainly to copy dvd's or music, etc. I guess I just have to go look for a music/video copy program....

If you are trying to copy commercial (copy protected) then no version of Roxio will do it nor will any other "serious" video copy program.