• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 HykCraft

HykCraft

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:52 PM

Okay, so I just got the Roxio Game Capture HD Pro... it works great with my XBOX 360 and PS3... the issue is with the Nintendo Wii.

I have Roxio installed, and updated to the latest 1.1 SP update.

I'll walk through the steps:

1. Wii component cables run from the console, to the component INPUT on the Roxio device.
2. HDMI cable OUTPUT runs from the device, to the TV/monitor.
3. USB cable runs from the device, to my PC.
4. With the USB cable plugged into my PC, the device powers on.

I can switch my TV to my HDMI video setting and see the passthrough from the device to the TV just fine (quality is degraded a little, but that's okay.)

5. So when I boot up the capture software and switch the INPUT OPTION from HDMI (360's setting) on the software to COMPONENT, it constantly crashes saying the program can no longer respond.

Running Win 7 x64 Pro.

I've been everywhere on the web and seen videos of walkthroughs on how to set up the Wii using the Roxio Game Capture HD Pro device... it's very plain and simple... and they all work for everyone else.

Why is mine not working? Component already works on the PS3 that I have -- so why not the Wii??

Thanks for your help!

#2 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,580 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:17 AM

Did you try starting the Software First and setting it to component before turning on the Wii?

Probably won't be that easy so let's list the Repair steps here, should that not work ;)

Plug in the Capture device and Disable it in the Device Manager (Sound and Video Game Controllers)

Unplug the device and put it aside till later.

Turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc. and insert your Roxio Disc (download version - run Install)

Be sure you accept the offer to Check for Updates (this is for Roxio, not Windows)

When you reach the screen where Repair is offered, choose that!

When the Repair competes, you will have to reapply the SP1.1 for game capture.

Then turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

Posted Image

#3 HykCraft

HykCraft

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:19 PM

Thanks, I'll give it a shot in a while. I'll report back.

#4 HykCraft

HykCraft

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:23 PM

After following all your steps, I was able to switch to Component from HDMI without having a console powered on.

As soon as it switched over to Component, the status said: READY.

Then, I switched on the Wii, the sound came through Roxio program for about 3-4 seconds, but no video signal was shown (black screen for capture) and then the Roxio title bar changed to "(Not Responding)" and I got the spinning blue mouse wheel of death. Then it proceeded with "Roxio Game Capture HD Pro has stopped responding."

I don't know what the deal is. I'm about to return this. Definitely not working as advertised.

I tried the same thing on a completely separate computer running Vista and the same exact issues happen. Disabled all firewalls and anti-virus -- nothing is working unless it is HDMI:HDMI.

Thanks for your suggestions though... but it seems an already lost cause, especially when Roxio is not responding any sort of customer service.

#5 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,580 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:30 AM

...a lot of belt tightening has been going on since Corel bought Roxio... Sadly, Support seems to have suffered :(

As a test, you might try hooking it up to another Source like a DVD Player. That way you could see if it behaves OK with that???

Refund info is on this page ~ LINK
Posted Image

#6 HykCraft

HykCraft

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:36 PM

Thanks for the suggestions.

I originally purchased it through Amazon (on sale) and I just filed for a return and refund. Easy process.

Thanks.

#7 HykCraft

HykCraft

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:45 PM

I've never had the component ports work at all on my device. Already returned it to Amazon for a refund.

#8 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,580 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:00 AM

OK... I prefer to stick with something and resolve it!
Posted Image

#9 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,580 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:03 AM

HykCraft, on 01 December 2012 - 10:45 PM, said:

I've never had the component ports work at all on my device. Already returned it to Amazon for a refund.
But you only tried a very minimal about of effort to get it running before you bailed ;)
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users