Roxio Community

Mydvd 10 Movie/slideshow Copy And Paste From One Production To Another?

Roxio MyDVD Movie Slideshow Copy and Paste move from one production to a

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 EEE

EEE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:10 PM

Hi, Can anyone help me please???

I have spend weeks creating a movie/slideshow in Roxio EMC 10 MyDVD.  The content became to big to fit on one disc so I started another production.  I have now almost finished but would like to copy, or move, one of the slideshows from one production to another, i.e another saved production file.  Is this possible?  I can copy and paste a whole menu's slideshow/movie to another menu on the same production but not to another saved production.  The paste option is not available when I open up the production that I wish to move the movie/slideshow to.

Which makes me wonder, is what I'm trying to do actually possible?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

E.

#2 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,203 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:23 PM

the board is screwed up; please don't hit the solved button because it hides all the post.
PC  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit  
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus.

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#3 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,576 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:56 PM

View PostEEE, on 29 November 2012 - 12:10 PM, said:

Hi, Can anyone help me please???

I have spend weeks creating a movie/slideshow in Roxio EMC 10 MyDVD.  The content became to big to fit on one disc so I started another production.  I have now almost finished but would like to copy, or move, one of the slideshows from one production to another, i.e another saved production file.  Is this possible?  I can copy and paste a whole menu's slideshow/movie to another menu on the same production but not to another saved production.  The paste option is not available when I open up the production that I wish to move the movie/slideshow to.

Which makes me wonder, is what I'm trying to do actually possible?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

E.

As far as I know what you want is not possible.
There may be a workaround though which does not involve any copy & paste.

First of all save your full, long project. Then delete all the video/photos, etc that you want on disc 2 and then save the remaining project as Project A - this will be disc 1. Now re-open the full project and delete all the items that make up project A and now save the remainder as Project B - this will now be disc 2.

BTW, what do you mean by the "content became to big"? When creating videos it is the time length of your project that matters. A standard 4.7GB DVD can hold 60 minutes of video at Best quality. Any longer the video has to be compressed to fit. Unless your project is very long, there are ways to put everything on a DVD without too much loss of quality.

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
IntelŪ 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

#4 EEE

EEE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:39 PM

The content is too long.  Disc one is 4.6GB and disc two is 10.2GB.  My plan was to move some of the content on to disc one and use two 8.5GB dual layer discs.  But I can't work out out to move the content from one Project A to Project B?

I'm not sure I understand your answer.  I think it's assuming that all the content is on one production?  It's not, it's on two separate saved productions?  As I said, I'm not sure it's possible to move from one production to another but I was getting desperate so thought I'd chance my arm!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Roxio MyDVD, Movie, Slideshow, Copy and Paste, move from one production to a

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users