32 replies to this topic

#1 wongl0786

wongl0786

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:07 PM

Hello everyone. For the past few weeks, I've been using my Roxio Game Capture HD Pro to capture my video for my wii. I've been using component cables for the input and hdmi for the output. For the past few weeks, it's been working well and the quality has been excellent. However, when I turned on my wii today, nothing showed up on my tv and the roxio capture said I had no signal. At that time, I took the component cables out of the input for the roxio, and I plugged them directly into my TV. I turned on my wii and it showed nothing, which indicated that my component cables broke. This explained why there would be no signal. However, I substituted my backup set of component cables (That were tested and were found to work) and I turned on my wii again. This time, it showed the game play on my TV, but it still showed no signal. Does anyone know any solutions I could try?

Edited by wongl0786, 02 December 2012 - 05:03 PM.

#2 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,337 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:31 AM

??? and?

Lights are on?

Source is properly set?

Wiring swapped around?

Tried another Source?
Posted Image

#3 wongl0786

wongl0786

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:38 PM

View PostJim_Hardin, on 01 December 2012 - 05:31 AM, said:

??? and?

Lights are on?

Source is properly set?

Wiring swapped around?

Tried another Source?

1. The light is on
2. How would you set the source? Since it shows no input, it doesn't let you set it.
3. ???
4. I tried component but it still shows no signal

Edited by wongl0786, 01 December 2012 - 04:49 PM.

#4 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,337 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:17 AM

What output do you have your Gamebox set to? (it has to be set to the one your are using hdmi or component)

Even with No Signal you still have the Source Drop Box showing in the capture software:

HD PRO Source & Input.jpg

Try a completly different source, like a BD or DVD Player that has HDMI or Component output.

With the Roxio Device plugged in, look in your Device Manager. Do you see it like this:

Device Manager - GameCAP HD PRO.jpg

List your PC Specs like I have in my Sig Block. (probably not an issue but good to know ^_^ )
Posted Image

#5 wongl0786

wongl0786

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:58 PM

I'm happy to say that you've lead me to my own solution. I was on my device manager, and I decided to unplug and replug my roxio and note the change. When I did so, something called "transcoder" showed up under the "Other devices" tab. It shows an exclamation point inside a yellow triangle, indicating that something was wrong. When I clicked on it, and it says that the driver is missing for my roxio. It gives me an option to update it, so I use it. It searches online  for a driver, and now my Roxio works :D. Thanks :D

I will still have to test my roxio today, so I'm not in the clear yet

Edited by wongl0786, 03 December 2012 - 06:25 AM.

#6 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,337 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:05 PM

That's good although if the Source of the Driver is anything other than Roxio, that scares the H___ out of me :o

The easy fix for that is to

Disable the bad one in Device Manager...

Unplug the Device...

Install the Software, choosing Repair when offered...

I am not aware of any Roxio Driver being available for this device anywhere on the web <_<

Edit: does it show up in device manager exactly as I showed it in Post # 4???

Edited by Jim_Hardin, 03 December 2012 - 12:07 PM.

Posted Image

#7 wongl0786

wongl0786

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:26 PM

View PostJim_Hardin, on 03 December 2012 - 12:05 PM, said:

That's good although if the Source of the Driver is anything other than Roxio, that scares the H___ out of me :o

The easy fix for that is to

Disable the bad one in Device Manager...

Unplug the Device...

Install the Software, choosing Repair when offered...

I am not aware of any Roxio Driver being available for this device anywhere on the web <_<

Edit: does it show up in device manager exactly as I showed it in Post # 4???

I've done what you said (It shows under device manger) and it seemed to work. However, there is another problem now. When I open my capture software, windows will say that the software has stopped working and needs to close after i try to do anything. Any suggestions?

#8 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,337 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:50 AM

It's like a a dog chasing its' tail :lol:

What you want to do is try a repair but make sure you do it this way...

Unplug the device and put it aside till later.

Turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc. and insert your Roxio Disc

Be sure you accept the offer to Check for Updates (this is for Roxio, not Windows)

When you reach the screen where Repair is offered, choose that!

When the Repair competes, you will have to reapply the SP1.1 for game capture.

Then turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

That should do the trick ;)
Posted Image

#9 wongl0786

wongl0786

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:12 AM

View PostJim_Hardin, on 04 December 2012 - 03:50 AM, said:

Turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc. and insert your Roxio Disc

Be sure you accept the offer to Check for Updates (this is for Roxio, not Windows)

What do you mean when you say "you will have to reapply the SP1.1 for game capture."?

#10 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,096 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:19 AM

View Postwongl0786, on 04 December 2012 - 06:12 AM, said:

What do you mean when you say "you will have to reapply the SP1.1 for game capture."?

What Jim means is most Roxio products revert back to what they were when you installed from the installation disc.

If you have a installation disc pre Sp1 check after the repair and see if Sp1 still shows under Help About This Software.
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  

#11 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,337 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:17 AM

Thanks cd ~ that is what I meant ;)
Posted Image

#12 wongl0786

wongl0786

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:14 PM

View PostJim_Hardin, on 04 December 2012 - 03:50 AM, said:

I tried repairing it the way you suggested, but it still won't work :(.

#13 wongl0786

wongl0786

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:50 PM

I've also tried uninstalling the program and reinstalling it. It will now capture, but in a very weird screen ratio and color mix that pretty much renders it useless

Posted Image

#14 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,337 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:43 AM

That looks like you have your Component wires swapped??? Some manufactures take great latitude with the color :lol:

I can see you have the Software set correctly to Component but does your Wii require you to set it on the console for Output?

AND, have you tried a different Source like I suggested in Post #4???
Posted Image

#15 wongl0786

wongl0786

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:51 PM

View PostJim_Hardin, on 05 December 2012 - 11:43 AM, said:

That looks like you have your Component wires swapped??? Some manufactures take great latitude with the color :lol:

I can see you have the Software set correctly to Component but does your Wii require you to set it on the console for Output?

AND, have you tried a different Source like I suggested in Post #4???

I know this sounds dumb, but how would you try a different source. Would you take an HDMI/Component cable and attach one end to the alternate source while attach the other end to the input on the roxio?

#16 ogdens

ogdens

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,153 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:04 AM

Just connect a component cable from a DVD player to the input jack of the Roxio capture card

#17 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,337 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:04 AM

View Postwongl0786, on 05 December 2012 - 06:51 PM, said:

I know this sounds dumb, but how would you try a different source. Would you take an HDMI/Component cable and attach one end to the alternate source while attach the other end to the input on the roxio?
No, not dumb at all!

Yes just like you describe, additionally if you can try some other cables ~ HDMI and Composite would be good too ;)
Posted Image

#18 wongl0786

wongl0786

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:02 AM

I've tried a DVD Recorder as an alternate source connecting component cables to the DVD Recorder and Input of the Roxio. I used AVI cables to connect my DVD Recorder to my TV, and I used HDMI for my output. Whenever I tested it, something strange happened. When I chose HDMI as the input on the capture (Which was how I physically set up), it showed no signal. However, when I used component, it showed a signal but produced warped colors like in my previous screenshot. My Roxio also had a light beside YPbPr but not HDMI. By the way, don't laugh at my screenshot because it was the only DVD I had to test ;)

Posted Image

*Edit*: By the way, I should say that for a short period of time yesterday, my Roxio actually worked. I took a test recording, and it looked perfect. I tested it today, and I noticed that it would capture quite well when the screen on the Wii wasn't moving or was moving very slowly and subtly. When the screen constantly moved, the colors were messed up, the screen would freeze, and a variety of other problems would happen.

I should also say that occaisionally, after I open the Roxio capture software, it will sometimes not respond.

Edited by wongl0786, 06 December 2012 - 05:22 AM.

#19 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,337 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:28 AM

Why would I laugh, doesn't everyone want a sweet little lamb for a frend...

I got a little lost trying to follow your 'wiring' descritption.

From the Source, What is going into your GameCAP?

Does a Wii have a setting for its' Output, where you have to choose the type of output it should use?

Honestly, it is looking more and more like the GameCAP is faulty... One other thing to lay to rest is to make absolutly sure you have the latest Driver and Updates for your Video Card!

AMD
NVIDIA

Posted Image

#20 tbrewst

tbrewst

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,118 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:57 AM

I can't say this positively but I'm not sure a DVD player or anyhting else will work with HDMi.

I tried hooking a Blu-Ray player to it and I got no signal with HDMI but when I switched to Component it worked just fine.

I'll have to do some more testing to see if that stands all the time.
RIP Johnny Winter

Terry

64 bitWindows 8.1 OS
AMD FX-8320 8 core 3.5Ghz processor with Arctic Freezer 64 Pro cooling fan
Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 AM3+ motherboard
Galaxy  GeForce GTX 550 Ti video card with 1Gb memory
8Gb G Skill Ripjaws Series DDR3 1600 RAM
120GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD drive
1Tb Hitachi SATA hard drive
LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray drive
Lite-On iHAS224-06 SATA DVD drive
Rosewill Destroyer case