Question

Hello everyone. For the past few weeks, I've been using my Roxio Game Capture HD Pro to capture my video for my wii. I've been using component cables for the input and hdmi for the output. For the past few weeks, it's been working well and the quality has been excellent. However, when I turned on my wii today, nothing showed up on my tv and the roxio capture said I had no signal. At that time, I took the component cables out of the input for the roxio, and I plugged them directly into my TV. I turned on my wii and it showed nothing, which indicated that my component cables broke. This explained why there would be no signal. However, I substituted my backup set of component cables (That were tested and were found to work) and I turned on my wii again. This time, it showed the game play on my TV, but it still showed no signal. Does anyone know any solutions I could try?

Edited by wongl0786

32 answers to this question

??? and?

Lights are on?

Source is properly set?

Wiring swapped around?

Tried another Source?

1. The light is on

2. How would you set the source? Since it shows no input, it doesn't let you set it.

3. ???

4. I tried component but it still shows no signal

Edited by wongl0786

What output do you have your Gamebox set to? (it has to be set to the one your are using hdmi or component)

Even with No Signal you still have the Source Drop Box showing in the capture software:

post-39730-0-54967200-1354457820_thumb.jpg

Try a completly different source, like a BD or DVD Player that has HDMI or Component output.

With the Roxio Device plugged in, look in your Device Manager. Do you see it like this:

post-39730-0-69579600-1354457369_thumb.jpg

List your PC Specs like I have in my Sig Block. (probably not an issue but good to know ^_^ )

I'm happy to say that you've lead me to my own solution. I was on my device manager, and I decided to unplug and replug my roxio and note the change. When I did so, something called "transcoder" showed up under the "Other devices" tab. It shows an exclamation point inside a yellow triangle, indicating that something was wrong. When I clicked on it, and it says that the driver is missing for my roxio. It gives me an option to update it, so I use it. It searches online for a driver, and now my Roxio works :D. Thanks :D

I will still have to test my roxio today, so I'm not in the clear yet

Edited by wongl0786

That's good although if the Source of the Driver is anything other than Roxio, that scares the H___ out of me :o

The easy fix for that is to

Disable the bad one in Device Manager...

Unplug the Device...

Install the Software, choosing Repair when offered...

I am not aware of any Roxio Driver being available for this device anywhere on the web <_<

Edit: does it show up in device manager exactly as I showed it in Post # 4???

Edited by Jim_Hardin

That's good although if the Source of the Driver is anything other than Roxio, that scares the H___ out of me :o

The easy fix for that is to

Disable the bad one in Device Manager...

Unplug the Device...

Install the Software, choosing Repair when offered...

I am not aware of any Roxio Driver being available for this device anywhere on the web <_<

Edit: does it show up in device manager exactly as I showed it in Post # 4???

I've done what you said (It shows under device manger) and it seemed to work. However, there is another problem now. When I open my capture software, windows will say that the software has stopped working and needs to close after i try to do anything. Any suggestions?

It's like a a dog chasing its' tail :lol:

What you want to do is try a repair but make sure you do it this way...

Unplug the device and put it aside till later.

Turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc. and insert your Roxio Disc

Be sure you accept the offer to Check for Updates (this is for Roxio, not Windows)

When you reach the screen where
Repair
is offered, choose that!

When the Repair competes, you will have to reapply the SP1.1 for game capture.

Then turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

That should do the trick ;)

Turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc. and insert your Roxio Disc

Be sure you accept the offer to Check for Updates (this is for Roxio, not Windows)

Repair
is offered, choose that!

What do you mean when you say "you will have to reapply the SP1.1 for game capture."?

What do you mean when you say "you will have to reapply the SP1.1 for game capture."?

What Jim means is most Roxio products revert back to what they were when you installed from the installation disc.

If you have a installation disc pre Sp1 check after the repair and see if Sp1 still shows under Help About This Software.

Repair
is offered, choose that!

I tried repairing it the way you suggested, but it still won't work :(.

I've also tried uninstalling the program and reinstalling it. It will now capture, but in a very weird screen ratio and color mix that pretty much renders it useless

error.jpg

That looks like you have your Component wires swapped??? Some manufactures take great latitude with the color :lol:

I can see you have the Software set correctly to Component but does your Wii require you to set it on the console for Output?

AND, have you tried a different Source like I suggested in Post #4???

That looks like you have your Component wires swapped??? Some manufactures take great latitude with the color :lol:

I can see you have the Software set correctly to Component but does your Wii require you to set it on the console for Output?

AND, have you tried a different Source like I suggested in Post #4???

I know this sounds dumb, but how would you try a different source. Would you take an HDMI/Component cable and attach one end to the alternate source while attach the other end to the input on the roxio?

Just connect a component cable from a DVD player to the input jack of the Roxio capture card

I know this sounds dumb, but how would you try a different source. Would you take an HDMI/Component cable and attach one end to the alternate source while attach the other end to the input on the roxio?

No, not dumb at all!

Yes just like you describe, additionally if you can try some other cables ~ HDMI and Composite would be good too ;)

I've tried a DVD Recorder as an alternate source connecting component cables to the DVD Recorder and Input of the Roxio. I used AVI cables to connect my DVD Recorder to my TV, and I used HDMI for my output. Whenever I tested it, something strange happened. When I chose HDMI as the input on the capture (Which was how I physically set up), it showed no signal. However, when I used component, it showed a signal but produced warped colors like in my previous screenshot. My Roxio also had a light beside YPbPr but not HDMI. By the way, don't laugh at my screenshot because it was the only DVD I had to test ;)

error2.jpg

*Edit*: By the way, I should say that for a short period of time yesterday, my Roxio actually worked. I took a test recording, and it looked perfect. I tested it today, and I noticed that it would capture quite well when the screen on the Wii wasn't moving or was moving very slowly and subtly. When the screen constantly moved, the colors were messed up, the screen would freeze, and a variety of other problems would happen.

I should also say that occaisionally, after I open the Roxio capture software, it will sometimes not respond.

Edited by wongl0786

Why would I laugh, doesn't everyone want a sweet little lamb for a frend...

I got a little lost trying to follow your 'wiring' descritption.

From the Source, What is going into your GameCAP?

Does a Wii have a setting for its' Output, where you have to choose the type of output it should use?

Honestly, it is looking more and more like the GameCAP is faulty... One other thing to lay to rest is to make absolutly sure you have the latest Driver and Updates for your Video Card!

I can't say this positively but I'm not sure a DVD player or anyhting else will work with HDMi.

I tried hooking a Blu-Ray player to it and I got no signal with HDMI but when I switched to Component it worked just fine.

I'll have to do some more testing to see if that stands all the time.

I can't say this positively but I'm not sure a DVD player or anyhting else will work with HDMi.

I tried hooking a Blu-Ray player to it and I got no signal with HDMI but when I switched to Component it worked just fine.

I'll have to do some more testing to see if that stands all the time.

Because the BluRay player is a HDCP protected source using HDMI. Component being the analog hole.. ;)

Same as "An HDMI connection is not possible from the PS3 due to HDCP (Sony protected) video out."

Does a Wii have a setting for its' Output, where you have to choose the type of output it should use?

Honestly, it is looking more and more like the GameCAP is faulty... One other thing to lay to rest is to make absolutly sure you have the latest Driver and Updates for your Video Card!

From the DVD Recorder, which is my alternate source I tested on, I connected component cables that connected the DVD Recorder to the input for the GameCap.The thing is that when I tested it, I had an HDMI cable connected from the GameCap output to the TV AND a component cable from the output of the GameCap to the TV. I tested using HDMI and Component as the source for the Capture Software, which produced the results in my previous post.

I do not believe that the Wii has a setting for its output

*Edit* I should mention that sometimes, for a period of time, my Roxio will work and will capture normally. I do not know why this happens.

Edited by wongl0786

At this point, it looks like the GameCap is faulty to me to ;(. I can't even refund it because it's been 37 days since I ordered it ;(

At this point, it looks like the GameCap is faulty to me to ;(. I can't even refund it because it's been 37 days since I ordered it ;(

Doesn't the hardware have a warranty?

Check with customer service.

Doesn't the hardware have a warranty?

Check with customer service.

How Would I contact contact customer service regarding the warranty?

How Would I contact contact customer service regarding the warranty?

Did you buy it from Roxio?

Try this, 1.952.646.5132