Sign in to follow this  
tsantee

Please Volunteer As A Toast Forum Contributor

Question

I don't know how many years I've tried to help users of Roxio's Mac products in these forums but it's time for me to pass this on to others. If you know a thing or two about Toast or some of the other apps, please visit the forum periodically and offer your help and advice.

I started when my brother had a problem with Toast 4 and I visited the forum to try to find an answer. What I found were dozens of unanswered questions by others, a few of which I knew how to resolve. What surprised me was that reading the questions forced me to learn about many of Toast's capabilities and about workarounds to get it to do what it is supposed to do. Reading the posts is a great learning tool.

Every version of Toast is not quite right. Changes in the OS make some things very wrong. Roxio introduced new versions before problems were resolved in earlier versions. And the new versions introduced new problems. Sometimes while reading a post I screamed like Charlie Brown when Lucy yanked the football.

On the other hand, there's been tremendous innovation and amazing flexibility. My favorite part is when someone is grateful that they were finally able to create the project they wanted; and probably couldn't have done so without my help.

Certainly there are others willing to feel the reward of helping other Toast users.

I'll keep with this until the end of 2012. I probably will continue to drop in at times, just not every day or even every week.

There's a lot of good advice in these forums, so be sure to use the Search command to see if your issue is already addressed.

• Like 3

5 answers to this question

I want to express my thanks, tsantee, for all the help you gave me when I started out trying to produce blu-rays on Toast. Due to Toast's limited menu and chapter-naming options, I've moved on to using Windows software for blu-rays, but, to the extent I can help, I'll keep visiting this site and offer blu-ray help when I can.

• Like 1

Hello Tsantee,

I am sorry to see you go. I am new to Toast - only a couple of months - however, you have already answered a lot of

questions that I had about "How to learn the basics?". The answers that you provided were super.

You are already missed! I wish you the very best in your life's journey and a deep thanks for all of the help that you

provided me and others. I hope that there will be someone that as knowledgeable and kind as you to fill the void.

- TK_Tech

• Like 1

You have certainly earned the title song "thanks for the memories"!! WE will all miss you and I'm sure the folks who are still with Roxio and have been over the years will miss your sage advise and enormous patience. I really don't know how you have endured for so long. Hope all is well and that there are exciting times ahead for you.

Pax,

Bob

• Like 1

Hi tsantee,

Over the years I've read many of your posts and leaned a lot from them. We, as a community, should thank you for all you have done. So from me: thank you.

If I see a post on which I think I can contribute, I will do so -- time permitting. Although I realize my knowledge on Roxio products is nowhere near your level.

• Like 1

I only found this thread, now. This announcement is from 2012 and I have to say even after this date, now that tsantie is phasing out I benefitted so much from tsantie's activity here and got to know his helpfulness. Very sad that he had to leave, the more since it seems other members aren't as active and knowledgable as him... but I understand, that there are other thinks in life (more important).

I'd like to add my THANKS!

• Like 1