21 replies to this topic

#1 NomadsBoy

NomadsBoy

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 08:28 AM

Well, I got a HD Pro for Christmas and was happy to recieve it. I installed the software and I prepared my PS3 for recording. When I open the capture program I get a black screen and no signal. So I went back to see if there could have been installation errors and repaired the software. Now when I do this the buttons are greyed out and I cannot switch to component. (It is locked on HDMI) When I try to click anything it just crashes.

Pictures:
As you can see, it detects the HD Pro but does not net let me switch inputs. At this time my PS3 is running and it is in the correct component settings.
http://puu.sh/1F930

When It crashes:
http://puu.sh/1F97T

I have had nothing but issues. Please help me.

Edited by NomadsBoy, 25 December 2012 - 08:29 AM.

#2 ogdens

ogdens

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,149 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:42 AM

Do you have this in your Device Manager

25.png

#3 NomadsBoy

NomadsBoy

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:54 AM

View Postogdens, on 25 December 2012 - 09:42 AM, said:

Do you have this in your Device Manager

Attachment 25.png
Yes I do. I got it working but now when I load up the program my computer just freezes.

#4 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,312 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:04 AM

I think what you want to do is try a repair but make sure you do it this way...

Plug in the Capture device and Disable it in the Device Manager (Sound and Video Game Controllers)

Unplug the device and put it aside till later.

Turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc. and insert your Roxio Disc (download version - run Install)

Be sure you accept the offer to Check for Updates (this is for Roxio, not Windows)

When you reach the screen where Repair is offered, choose that!

Then turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

Posted Image

#5 NomadsBoy

NomadsBoy

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:08 AM

View PostJim_Hardin, on 25 December 2012 - 10:04 AM, said:

Plug in the Capture device and Disable it in the Device Manager (Sound and Video Game Controllers)

Turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc. and insert your Roxio Disc (download version - run Install)

Be sure you accept the offer to Check for Updates (this is for Roxio, not Windows)

Thanks for the information. I am doing this right now. If this works I will get back with you. Thank You so much. If this works It will be worth the 4+ hours I have spent working on it.

#6 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,067 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:14 AM

As you can see, it detects the HD Pro but does not net let me switch inputs. At this time my PS3 is running and it is in the correct component settings.

From the PS3 your connected to the RGC with a console specific Component AV cables or HDMI?
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  

#7 NomadsBoy

NomadsBoy

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:34 AM

View Postcdanteek, on 25 December 2012 - 10:14 AM, said:

From the PS3 your connected to the RGC with a console specific Component AV cables or HDMI?
No, it is universal. Could that be my problem?

Edited by NomadsBoy, 25 December 2012 - 10:37 AM.

#8 NomadsBoy

NomadsBoy

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:36 AM

Back to the issue with the grayed out buttons and not letting me switch to component.

#9 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,067 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:37 AM

View PostNomadsBoy, on 25 December 2012 - 10:34 AM, said:

What do you mean?

From the PS3 output to the Roxio Game Capture Device input how are you connected, console specific Component AV cables or HDMI cable?

Can't say it in English any better than that!
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

#10 NomadsBoy

NomadsBoy

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:40 AM

View Postcdanteek, on 25 December 2012 - 10:37 AM, said:

From the PS3 output to the Roxio Game Capture Device input how are you connected, console specific Component AV cables or HDMI cable?

Can't say it in English any better than that!
My Component Cables are not console specific. They support multiple consoles. Since I am on PS3 I am Using Component and not HDMI. (I am also using component with my Output.)

#11 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,312 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:16 AM

I don't have a PS3 but I think you need to use one that is specifically made for the PS3, as cd is saying...

A quick and easy test using what you have at hand would be to hook either Component or HDMI up to the GameCAP from a DVD, BD Player or anything that has that output!

I have used a DVD Player with both HDMI & Component just fine ;)

But this way you can test it to make sure we are headed in the right direction!
Posted Image

#12 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,067 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:32 AM

Connect a console specific Component AV cable** to the A/V port of the console. An HDMI connection is not possible from the PS3 due to HDCP (Sony protected) video out.
cd
Spoiler

#13 NomadsBoy

NomadsBoy

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:31 PM

View Postcdanteek, on 25 December 2012 - 11:32 AM, said:

Connect a console specific Component AV cable** to the A/V port of the console. An HDMI connection is not possible from the PS3 due to HDCP (Sony protected) video out.
I know, HDMI doesn't work. So I need CONSOLE SPECIFIC AV cables. I cannot use the one that is like this: http://www.gamestop....box/801798b.jpg

#14 NomadsBoy

NomadsBoy

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:32 PM

View PostJim_Hardin, on 25 December 2012 - 10:04 AM, said:

That did not work :\

#15 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,067 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:34 PM

View PostNomadsBoy, on 27 December 2012 - 01:31 PM, said:

I know, HDMI doesn't work. So I need CONSOLE SPECIFIC AV cables. I cannot use the one that is like this: http://www.gamestop....box/801798b.jpg

I'm only repeating what Roxio said.

I don't if the one you linked to will work?

Is it cheaper?

Are  the CONSOLE SPECIFIC AV cables more expensive?
cd
Spoiler

#16 NomadsBoy

NomadsBoy

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:38 PM

View Postcdanteek, on 27 December 2012 - 01:34 PM, said:

I'm only repeating what Roxio said.

I don't if the one you linked to will work?

Is it cheaper?

Are  the CONSOLE SPECIFIC AV cables more expensive?
The ones I showed you are 17$ and I already bought them prier to getting the Roxio. The ones that are console specific are 19$ should I purchase them? I just want this thing to work.

#17 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,067 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:44 PM

View PostNomadsBoy, on 27 December 2012 - 01:38 PM, said:

The ones I showed you are 17$ and I already bought them prier to getting the Roxio. The ones that are console specific are 19$ should I purchase them? I just want this thing to work.

I don't have the cable you bought to check, how can I tell you if they will work?

Try them if they don't work you get the other.

Question why not get the other one in the first place?

Didn't you read the requirements before?
cd
Spoiler

#18 NomadsBoy

NomadsBoy

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:45 PM

View Postcdanteek, on 27 December 2012 - 01:44 PM, said:

I don't have the cable you bought to check, how can I tell you if they will work?

Try them if they don't work you get the other.

Question why not get the other one in the first place?

Didn't you read the requirements before?
No It doesn't say Console Specific except on the Box when  you get it

#19 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,067 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:50 PM

View PostNomadsBoy, on 27 December 2012 - 01:45 PM, said:

No It doesn't say Console Specific except on the Box when  you get it

If you researched it on the Roxio site before buying it, it clearly states it.

http://www.roxio.com...o/overview.html
cd
Spoiler

#20 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,312 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:28 AM

I would also recommend you try a DVD or BD Player for a source just to see what does work...

Then work from there ;)
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users