• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 24 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

MasterShake

Roxio Not Working Correctly.

Question

Well, I have been using this Roxio for about 2-3 weeks now and for some reason I'm seeing Lines in the pass though to the TV. I have tried 4 different tv's and 3 different HDMI cables all doing the same thing. I also get the lines in the recordings. I want to know how I go about getting the roxio replaced as I use it for my you tube channel ever week and have close to 10k subs.

12 answers to this question

... can you try a Component connection?

Also, change the outlet the TV is plugged into. Since it is a test an extension cord will do but you need to get it on a different circuit than your PC for the test to have any meaning ;)

You can try them on Facebook, HERE or open a web ticket through the Support tab at the top.

• Like 1

... can you try a Component connection?

Also, change the outlet the TV is plugged into. Since it is a test an extension cord will do but you need to get it on a different circuit than your PC for the test to have any meaning ;)

You can try them on Facebook, HERE or open a web ticket through the Support tab at the top.

Just tried that the component connection doesn't have the same problem but, the recorded video is really choppy when I use the component connection. I want to use the HDMI as it outputs better video and audio I also record my desk top some times.

Has anything changed on your PC since it work?

Same game and resolution or different?

Have you rebooted the PC lately?

Has anything changed on your PC since it work?

Same game and resolution or different?

Have you rebooted the PC lately?

I rebooted my PC like 10 times in a row. I know I have the specs. I have a gtx 660 ti a i7 2600k and 8gb or gskill ram. I also use a 40" sony tv for my PC set up ruining HDMI from my PC.to the TV. Nothing has changed I always record in 1080 on my computer and 720 on my xbox.

I'm not sure what to do I put in a support ticket but, I haven't got a reply. Just waiting on that I think the only course it to get it replaced. It's been weeks sense my last upload on my youtube channel.

Just tried that the component connection doesn't have the same problem but, the recorded video is really choppy when I use the component connection. I want to use the HDMI as it outputs better video and audio I also record my desk top some times.

There is not quality difference between HDMI & Component...

If it clears up while using Component you have solved your problem ~ don't make it harder than it is ;)

Could just be your HDMI cable needs to be replaced.

It would solve it if I could run it in component. I don't want to go out and get the plugs for the 360 I used some from a friend next door. The quality isn't as good with the 1080i vs 1080p I want to stick with HDMI that's why I got this recorder if I didn't want to use HDMI I would have got one of the $50 recorders.

Ok, Now I'm having the same problem on all the resolutions. I have contacted support about it but, They stopped replying. I'm not sure what's going on. Roxio support team isn't helping me so, I went out to gamestop and got the component cords and I have been using those but, I'm still seeing the lines I'm not sure what happened to this recorder but, it's not working I have tried everything in my power I could I'm done spending money on things to fix it it has come to the point that it needs to be replaced. When it was working it was GREAT recorder that's why I want to stick to roxio.

A couple of things I would try if it were mine...

First would be to hook up a DVD or BD Player and use it as the input Source!

What happens then?

Next would be to switch EVERYTHING around... Run your PC Monitor or try another TV using the Pass Through AND try it with both Component as well as HDMI

What happens then?

Did you ever try a different outlet circuit? Could be the problem is the supply ;)