HomeMovies

No Sound While Using Video Wave

Question

I'm trying to use Video Wave to create a "movie." When I play my mpeg on my computer the sound and video work fine. When I import the video into video wave there is no sound. I've had so many problems since I've upgraded my computer to Windows 8 and bought this new NXT Roxio software. I liked the old Creator software that I had with Windows 7.

Does anyone know how to get sound? I will tell you that when I import multiple video segments to Video Wave that sometimes only the first video clip wont have sound but the other clips do and sometimes none of them have sound.

Thanks

8 answers to this question

It's a common problem with video from different sources, what is the video source?

Most use a free converter and it will have sound in videowave.

it's an mpeg file with a .mpg file extension. The biggest issue is that sometimes it will have sound and other times it will not have sound. Or sometimes the first clip wont have sound but the other clips will. Sometimes I can add a video to videowave and it will have sound and then when I start to edit it...It will lose it's sound. I had Best Buy's geek squad look at it and two different people thought that it was a software issue but there's no way for me to talk to roxio about it. When I called roxio sales they told me if I wasn't willing to pay the $20 to speak to a tech support person then i should return the software to the store.

The video source is from my camcorder's SD card

How did you get the files to your computer?

through an SD card. I also just tried to copy and convert my mpeg2 file to a mpeg2 file through roxio. When I then put that video into video wave. I had sound but as soon as I started to edit it (I split the video) I lost sound....

I also find that Video Wave "stops working" a lot.

HomeMovies : I guess that you didn't read/understand that your issue with Video Wave is NOT the same as the topic of this thread. If you want help, please start your own topic and provide us with details of the error you are getting and the information on your computer.

through an SD card. I also just tried to copy and convert my mpeg2 file to a mpeg2 file through roxio. When I then put that video into video wave. I had sound but as soon as I started to edit it (I split the video) I lost sound....

Try a third party video converter. Go to cnet.com to find a good one. I use the free "Any Video Converter". If you don't have the audio there, then there isn't one for some reason.