• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MICKEY B

MICKEY B

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:50 AM

I burned a photo disc but it does not play on by blu ray dvd players. I have also tried DVD-Video, the quality was horrible.  Please help me..to burn photos of high quality and be able to view it on a dvd player. I have a family reunion coming up and need to burn vacation pictures of a safari in Africa to show everyone, I need to resolve this ASAP.  Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks.
Mickey B

#2 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,431 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:44 AM

My Sony Blu-ray disc player can play the photos that are saved in the folder on the Photo Disc when burned to DVD media. In other words, it can play a variety of audio, still image and video formats burned as data discs. Maybe yours can do this, too.

If not, get the Toast Blu-ray plugin and create a Blu-ray slide show. You don't need a Blu-ray burner. If there is enough space you can burn a Blu-ray disc to standard DVD discs. You can even have a disc that contains the Blu-ray video slide show as well as the photo disc and the original photos, presuming there is enough space. One caveat: I've found that you need to first put a HD video file as the first title on the disc or Toast doesn't encode the photos as HD.

As for the standard DVD slide show, don't judge its quality based on how it looks on a computer screen. It shouldn't look too bad on a TV screen, especially if viewed at the actual size rather than zoomed to fill a HDTV screen.
I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users