Doug Drury

Easy Cd Creator 4 Jewel Case Creator

Way back in the days of I think 386 machines, I had and used Easy CD Creator 4. What I really miss is the Jewel Case program. In cleaning up my office the other day I ran across the original install discs. Does anyone know if there is a way to install and use just the jewel case program on a machine running windows 7?

Hi Doug,

I have the CD Label maker from ECDC5 running in my Windows 7. Here it is a couple of minutes ago.

post-208-0-89665800-1358020710_thumb.jpg

I guess the same could be done with JCC from ECDC4, but I haven't tried it yet since most of my labels were from the ECDC5 era.

I can check and see, if you want.

I just took the directory from a backup and planted it in the same position on the Windows 7 machine. It was

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\Label Creator and there were two subdirectories, Page Files and Style Files which you take with it.

Load, save, print - Most of the functionality is still there, although it doesn't link with Easy CD Creator 4 or 5 any more :)

Regards,

Brendon

JCC from ECDC4 seems to work, too. The directory lives at C:\Program Files\Adaptec\Shared\Jewel Case Creator but it doesn't seem to be too fussy where it lives in Windows 7. I have the JCC directory hanging off my desktop right now.

post-208-0-79944300-1358023098_thumb.jpg

You do need the version which suits your saved .JWL files, since there was little compatibility between versions even way back then.

Regards,

Brendon

Hi Brendon,

Hey - that's great to hear that it works in Windows 7. I don't however have an old backup of that 386 machine that I could copy the old installation over from through, just the original install disk. When I pug it into the disc drive I get a message saying that the disc has known compatability issues.

"DirectCD3 has a known compatibility issue with this verison of Windows and might not run as expected. Drivers installed by this program might cause system instability, including problems with Shut Down/Restart and the inability to use a DBED drive"

Yikes!

Any creative ideas on how I can get just the label creator installed on my machine?

There is an folder at E:\disk1\Ecdc\CDJewel (E: is my DVD disc drive) with a setup.exe file in the folder. I was thinking that this could be the Jewel Case Creator, but it does not run when I double click on in. I don't see a folder or any files that look like Jewel Case Creator.

post-109481-0-30552700-1358118416_thumb.jpgpost-109481-0-49178000-1358118419_thumb.jpgpost-109481-0-03451200-1358118418_thumb.jpg

I couldn't figure out how to post a screen shot, so I've attached a couple of jpg files of what what I am seeing for the warning and the directories on the disc.

Doug

Hi Doug,

A good way to get screenshots [in JPG or PNG] is a tiny free program called "PrtScr" from fiastarta.com.

Probably the best way for you to get the CDJewel directory would be for me to Zip mine up and email it to you. The version 4 one is about 8 MB.

If you mouse over my name at the top of this message you should see a box which has [among others] a 'Send Message' button. That will send a private message to me, and if you send an email address in that private message I'll email you the ZIP file.

Cheers,

Brendon

Brendon,

I used the Jewel Case Creator program without issue under WinXP.

My copy is part of the Easy CD Creator 6 application

As you explained I copied the old "Label Creator" folder to Win7

desktop and Program folder, but when I click on the CDLabel.exe

nothing happens.

Do you have any suggestions.

Best of luck with the Kiwi America's Cup effort. Looks really good despite

yesterday's result .

Thx in advance

George

As you explained I copied the old "Label Creator" folder to Win7

desktop and Program folder, but when I click on the CDLabel.exe

The file Brendon emailed you?

Or your V6 Label Creator folder?

No I did not receive a file from Brendon. I copied the Label Creator folder from my V6 ECDC installation on WinXP to my Win7 installation. As I mentioned before, no matter where I put he folder, when I double l click the LabelCreator.exe program, nothing happens. George

No I did not receive a file from Brendon. I copied the Label Creator folder from my V6 ECDC installation on WinXP to my Win7 installation. As I mentioned before, no matter where I put he folder, when I double l click the LabelCreator.exe program, nothing happens. George

Look for a PM from me.