• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 33 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Chidgeey

Usb Not Recognized! Help

Question

Help ive been using my roxio hd capture and its been working fine. earlier i plugged it in and when i plug the usb port into my laptop it says usb not recognized, i have even unistalled roxio and reinstalled it , Please help!

5 answers to this question

Is the Roxio capture card still showing in your Device Manager under Sound,video and game controllers.

Try this

Plug in the Capture device and Disable it in the Device Manager

Unplug the device and put it aside till later.

Turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc. and insert your Roxio Disc, and run Install

Be sure you accept the offer to Check for Updates (this is for Roxio, not Windows)

When you reach the screen where Repair is offered, choose that!

Then turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

See if that works.

Same thing is happening to me, I've uninstalled and reinstalled the roxio software, even repaired it. This is all after disabling the 'Unknown Device' under device manager. Still getting USB not recognized. I even moved to try it on a different computer without plugging the game capture in before installing the software and got the same message.

Same thing is happening to me, I've uninstalled and reinstalled the roxio software, even repaired it. This is all after disabling the 'Unknown Device' under device manager. Still getting USB not recognized. I even moved to try it on a different computer without plugging the game capture in before installing the software and got the same message.

Then take it back...