• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 124 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Speed-Racer

Menu Not Working Correctly

Question

Hi. I'm new to this forum and I'm not sure where to post this, so please don't bite my head off. Anyway, I recently made a DVD. I uploaded a bunch of files and made a pretty nice menu. In the preview everything worked fine, but when I burned it the buttons are activated as soon as i scroll over them, which is not what I wanted. Is there a way to fix it so that the buttons activate when I press them instead? Thanks.

12 answers to this question

Hey Speed - You didn't tell us what product and version you were using. Please let us know so we can answer better.

Remember this is a users group and some of us here have to eat and do other things; be patient. It may take awhile to diagnose by someone that has Creator 2009 (4 versions ago).

Hi. I'm new to this forum and I'm not sure where to post this, so please don't bite my head off. Anyway, I recently made a DVD. I uploaded a bunch of files and made a pretty nice menu. In the preview everything worked fine, but when I burned it the buttons are activated as soon as i scroll over them, which is not what I wanted. Is there a way to fix it so that the buttons activate when I press them instead? Thanks.

What do you mean by "the buttons are activated as soon as i scroll over them"? Does the video linked to the button start playing as you scroll over it?

Yes. Basically that is it. For example, on the main menu it starts off with "play all" being highlighted. If I press the arrow on my remote to move to one of the other options, "episodes" or "extras", it immediately brings me to the menu attached to that button, so when I scroll over "episodes" without pressing the ok button I am brought to the "episodes selection menu". From there the same thing happens, when I move the cursor it immediately starts the episode it lands on.

If you have this checked, un-check it and see if that fixes it.

edit: OOps you have to select one of the titles as shown by the red box around it to get that menu.

post-58-0-31955500-1358196447_thumb.png

Edited by sknis

Oh and I just looked at the preview again, and when I use the remote thing on the side it does the same thing as the disc, so there wasn't a problem when burning.